Not open for further replies.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, we will see.

Heck, I can crank out an 3ghz Droid Incredible kernel if folks want :D

Doesn't mean its rooted. The kernel source was released a week or two ago.

Darkseider

Reaction score
i thought on the N1 1.3 was safe and when you 1.5 which it says that havent tested was when phone was freakin.. plus root+snap-dragon+froyo=sex. im not sure i would over clock it then

The fastest a Snapdragon has been OC'ed and remained stable is 1.113 Ghz. They went as high as 1.186 Ghz but the phone became unstable and flakey. Seeing that this is the same processor only on CDMA I highly doubt that 1.5 Ghz let alone 2 Ghz is even remotely achievable unless they are using liquid nitrogen to cool it. Because of this I am taking this I am calling shenanigans.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
whats that restaurant we used to go to all the time?
Super+Troopers+Shenanigans+01.jpg

boostdscoob

Reaction score
and how do you plan on getting that kernel loaded onto the phone adrynalyne?
you guys can hate all you want.
when its out, with ease in a week, then what?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I’m not hating. Just doubting. I mean come on you guys have been in the community long enough. Did he really think a post like that would not have a reaction like this? I like many I’m sure want to believe him but as you and him know this isn’t really standard operating procedure to announce root on a device. The I have root but need a phone will always cause skepticism.

Darkseider

Reaction score

It has nothing to do with hating it has to do with common sense. OK so the Incredible may be rooted. What we are doubting, and rightfully so, is the 1.5 Ghz and 2 Ghz kernels. It is well known that the Nexus One can only be OC'ed to 1.113 Ghz while remaining stable and at 1.186 Ghz is becomes flakey and unstable. Anything higher becomes unbootable. Now for someone to claim 1.5 Ghz - 2 Ghz on the SAME processor as the Nexus One is a bit of a stretch by anyones imagination.

M

Matth3w

The problem is, there is no proof. It may very well be legit, but why not screen shot the root? When the iPad was Jailbroken pretty much the first week it was out, they posted a video on Youtube, etc.

Saying you have root is like some of these people that said they had the OTA 2.1 update with no proof...like weeks before anyone else....hard to believe.

And again I ask from earlier, will the WiFi tether work with this root you are working on?

boostdscoob

Reaction score
why wouldnt the wifi tethering work? its made for android, with root access.. there stands no reason why it wont work.

M

Matth3w

Just curious if so. I already posted in that blog by Jake...I will donate 50 bucks when this gets released and I get it working on a DI.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I think you are the one hating. :p

I simply don't believe what I read until I see proof for myself. Call it skepticism, but its not hating. I live by the motto of put up or shut up. Sorry if it bothers ya.

Compiling a kernel is not proof of concept for rooting. Sorry. Its not a secret that HTC released the source for the kernel.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
lol, ok then, we can play that game..
the kernel is running on the phone.
i'll try to get screenshots

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Please do.

Edit:

Although a method is preferred.

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

Personally I'd rather see a video. Anyone can doctor a screenshot with photoshop.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
the method will come out on alldroid, nowhere else.
dont ask, thats just how its going down.
if you dont like it, root it yourself.

M

Matth3w

Dude, don't get so offended. People just want to see proof, don't act like they are asking for your first born. This is the ****ing internet, you surely must understand that quite a few people are untrustworthy on the internet, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.