Droid Incredible 2.1 Downgrade messed up display! please help!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Okay so the Droid Incredible is an awesome phone, I like it better than the X, personally.

So I used the "unrevoked" method for a one click root.

I had superuser and the superuser.apk is in my sd card.

But none of the root-required apps would work correctly.

So I went into the Incredible's recovery Hboot menu, hit factory reset, and I got a white screen with two black bars on the side (or was it two white bars and a black screen?).. Either way, the factory reset was screwed up, thanks unrevoked team!

I went to Google (haven't we all) to look for an unroot and found this: [VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading - Android Forums

NEVER USE THIS. I put this recovery file on my sd card and installed it via Hboot, and that was the last I ever saw my Incredible's screen.

Since then I have downloaded what is supposedly a fix to this unroot/downgrade found in the link above.
More info on this page:

Just rooted and having problems with recovery. - Android Forums

Well I downloaded the file, but now my sd card is corrupt when I put it in my computer (to transfer that new recovery file) so I used a spare sd card. Well suffice to say, it doesn't seem to be working. On the link that is closest to this sentence, one guy suggests to install said recovery file "blindly" by pressing the volume up button at about teh same time it is safe to assume the files have been extracted/are ready to be installed/ are installed, etc. Now the guy who actually successfully did what I am now trying to do (get my screen working again), his screen came back on five minutes after hitting the volume up button the first time.

So do I need the sd card that was in my phone to install this zip recovery file?

By the way, I don't think I bricked, the phone vibrates once when I press the power button as if turning it on, the charging LED comes on when plugged in (but only when not in Hboot), when in Hboot that LED on the front of the phone is off regardless of charge status.

I am completely desperate here, I need this phone tomorrow!!!

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Okay well I suppose we can drop the subject here.

I am within my 30 days so I will just exchange it at my local Verizon Store.

But let this be a lesson to all you Droid Incredible users out there- Don't screw around unless you know your ****, I rooted the Droid X no problem, but the Incredible is different, way different.

By the way, if anyone has a decent and safe way to root the Droid Incredible, that would be gerat!