Root Droid Incredible?

Corlissimo

Reaction score
Yeah, understood. Like I said, I think I was just spoiled by the z4root process on my DX.

I'm not new to phone hacking as I used to hack all my Moto phones a couple years ago. (Seem editing is not for the uninitiated) I just got spoiled & lazy in my old age. :)

I may still do the root on the dinc. We'll see how ambitious I feel.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Yeah, understood. Like I said, I think I was just spoiled by the z4root process on my DX.

I'm not new to phone hacking as I used to hack all my Moto phones a couple years ago. (Seem editing is not for the uninitiated) I just got spoiled & lazy in my old age. :)

I may still do the root on the dinc. We'll see how ambitious I feel.

Thanks for the encouragement.

A rooted Droid Incredible is an AWESOME phone. Mine has become my *favorite* phone, due to the AMOLED screen (which I dearly love) and the Seidio 3500 extended battery which resolved ALL of the battery problems I was having. Once rooted, you can avail yourself of numerous custom roms and, (interestingly enough), many of the themes that are written for the Droid 1 roms will also install and work quite well on the same version number roms, written by the same developers for the Dinc.

That last part is too lengthy to go into here, and I've no desire to hijack this thread. If you do root and you're interested in hearing more about the themes, PM me and I'll go into it more.

-Mike

Corlissimo

Reaction score
Kool Mike.
Dunno if I'll go the ROM route at all. But I've already started looking for deals on the extended battery.

Thanks for the input.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Kool Mike.
Dunno if I'll go the ROM route at all. But I've already started looking for deals on the extended battery.

Thanks for the input.

Your best bet on the Seidio 3500 extended battery is Amazon.com - they're cheaper than the actual manufacturer's site. Also, there is a case that Seidio makes that covers the extended battery. The battery itself comes with a free extended battery cover, but they also make an actual case that covers the battery and battery cover.

-Mike