Dinc 2.2 + unrevoked 3.32 = Waiting for bootloader; make sure driver is installed

dewce

Reaction score
I need some help. I've literally spent all day trying to use unrevoked 3.32 to root my Incredible (never been rooted before), and have had little to no success. First, let me tell you what I've done:

On the phone, the USB debugging is checked, Unknown sources is checked, the connection type is set to charge only, and ask me about USB connection type is checked. The Android version is 2.2, Baseband version 2.15.00.07.28, Kernel 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16 htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149#1.

On computer #1, I followed Updated: Root the HTC Droid Incredible - Technology - Jonamerica.com by installing Google's Android SDK, then the hboot drivers as in public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]. My Device Manager shows "Android Phone->Android Composite ADB Interface" when the phone is normally booted up, and "Android Phone->Android Bootloader Interface" when it's in HBOOT USB PLUG mode. I downloaded unrevoked 3.32 (reflash_package.exe) for Windows (7) and unpacked it using 7zip. When I ran unrevoked3, it rebooted the phone from normal operation to HBOOT mode, and stuck there for over 15 minutes. I tried it again, with the same result. I deleted the hboot drivers, reinstalled them from a different directory, downloaded revoked3 again and unpacked it. Re-ran unrevoked3 and same thing. I don't have HTC Sync installed (nor dropbox), and never did, but maybe something on this computer is causing some problems, so off to computer #2...

On computer #2 (no Sync or Dropbox), I followed http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-a.html and installed the hboot drivers and unpacked unrevoked3. I ran unrevoked3 and it made it past the "Waiting for bootloader" all the way to an error where it told me my software version was too new. Different message, but encouraging. I saw some posts on this and it seemed to be resolved by running it again, so I did. It got to the part where it reboots the phone over and over, but in my case it never came out of that cycle. For 20 minutes it kept rebooting back-to-back until the battery finally died. I charged her up and did my first factory reset. I ran unrevoked3 on it again and got the dreaded "Waiting for bootloader" message again. Waited 10 minutes, stopped the process, reinstalled everything, and still get stuck at Waiting for bootloader.

I did another factory reset and tried again on computer #1 (both are running Windows 7, btw), and still am stuck at Waiting for bootloader. Needless to say, I'm at my wits end and don't know what to try next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
D

dewce

Reaction score
I just realized the title may imply that I have an Incredible 2. I do not. It's an original Dinc. The 2.2 is in reference to the version of Android on it. Sorry for any confusion.