Droid Incredible Root Soon Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And its even jailbroken with---documentation!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i heard something about unicorns that shot lighting bolts from there arse are involved

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So the average user will need to rent said unicorns to root? Bummer.

R

rainabba

My question still stands though. I am not saying the DI is not rooted and overclocked by some people at Zeus or whoever is working this with Boostdscoob....but...

How does Jake root and overclock a device that he doesn't even have?

Imagine if you had the knowledge to root a device, then had a friend with that device.....

The possibilities :)

M

Matth3w

But if he had a friend with the device, why does he need someone to "send" him a device to test on? If he was using his friend's device, he wouldn't need someone to donate one.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
This thread is just comical anymore.
Jake has no reason to BS anyone, and you guys act like he's unknown. He has the fully working kernels for the zeusdroid port, the 1.8ghz droid kernel(that ran stable), makes all of my kernels(which are superior to all other kernels, both in speed and stability, along with running noticeably cooler)
And has been around android for quite some time.
The fact that no one else has cracked it means nothing,other than they just haven't found the same method he used. I understand being skeptical, but I know him, as does a lot of other people. He doesn't care about E-fame, just knows his ****. Anyways, he has asked his friend for screenshots, but he should have his incredible tomorrow. So we should see something soon confirming it. That's all I can tell you, as I'm not him, and don't have access to an incredible to verify for you, otherwise, I would.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
A stable 1.8 ghz kernel. Now that's funny. Yes this thread is comical.

Maybe with hardware modifications. Maybe.

R

rainabba

But if he had a friend with the device, why does he need someone to "send" him a device to test on? If he was using his friend's device, he wouldn't need someone to donate one.

*shrug* Maybe he didn't have access to the device long enough to polish things up?

I'm just guessing. Having worked with Jake, I can tell you that he is very careful and doesn't like to release half-done work so I expect that once he has the phone I sent him, he'll finish up and if we're lucky, something will come of all this.

Wouldn't it be just be sad if all these folks on XDA and DF called "BS" all this time only to come to rely on his root process and it took this long because of something like what I'm suggesting?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I know you are not naive. You don't make claims like this and not provide evidence lest ridicule follow.

That's common sense when it comes to the internet. Or maybe Jake should blame boost for the commotion?

M

Matth3w

I never once said he didn't or hasn't done it. All I am saying is, the circumstances (without more information) are suspect and he provided no proof.

Anytime you make a claim anywhere, not just the internet, where others have not been able to do something, you better be prepared to have proof.

Just because he's worked on stuff before means what exactly? Reputable people don't BS people? PLEASE.

I hope he has rooted it. I'm just saying that for such a smart guy on being able to root a phone, he certainly didn't go about it in a smart manner. If he didn't want any eFame, he wouldn't have blogged about it. If he wanted no eFame, he would have just showed up on the forum some day and said "here's the first ROM for the Incredible, have fun."

Like I said, I hope he did it. I never said he didn't. That's all I am waiting for to pull the trigger for the DI.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This thread is just comical anymore.
Jake has no reason to BS anyone, and you guys act like he's unknown. He has the fully working kernels for the zeusdroid port, the 1.8ghz droid kernel(that ran stable), makes all of my kernels(which are superior to all other kernels, both in speed and stability, along with running noticeably cooler)
And has been around android for quite some time.
The fact that no one else has cracked it means nothing,other than they just haven't found the same method he used. I understand being skeptical, but I know him, as does a lot of other people. He doesn't care about E-fame, just knows his ****. Anyways, he has asked his friend for screenshots, but he should have his incredible tomorrow. So we should see something soon confirming it. That's all I can tell you, as I'm not him, and don't have access to an incredible to verify for you, otherwise, I would.
boost im not saying he does or doesnt havent. just the situation is less then convincing. i hope he has it and can show how, but sounds fishy. that fact he rooted one of the most important android phones right now and says he doesnt remember how just seems weird to me. im no dev and am pretty much a nobody but i would think this would be a big deal to him with all the people waiting for it.

Last edited:

boostdscoob

Reaction score
Let me clarify, Jake assisted his friend, Robert, in rooting the incredible. His friend then loaded the kernels to test, that jake made.
So Jake didn't just do it alone, he assisted his friend who was attempting root.
Jake should have the phone later today. You all need to calm down, the last thing we need is a rushed, difficult method for a bunch of noobs to ruin their phones with.
I understand, again, the skepticism. But its not april fools day. Just wait for it. Shouldn't be long.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I’m sorry to say but this is looking less and less credible. Boost I want to believe you and your friend but I hope for your cred you didn’t vouch for a lie. I know he says he didn’t find root now but his friend did, but seriously? Root on the evo was huge, the desire huge and the droid huge. Almost every android blog and twitter account posted on these achievements and forums blew up. For him and his friend to act like it’s no big deal is complete bs. Also that fact he compares it to the evo root is complete bs. I’ve chatted with the folks who did root the evo and they haven’t shared it with anyone so how would he know. I hope I am wrong and that I have to come back on my hands and knees to beg forgiveness but I do not see this happening. /rant.

Please let me be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.