Droid Incredible Root Soon Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matth3w

Why are you always so angry? Geez.
Because this thread doesn't have to turn into the same argument that has been talked about probably across the span of 25 threads and 400 pages worth of crap. It's always the same ****:

Group A claims that there is a 5GB cap
Group B says there is not
Neither group provides any real proof that not only A) there is a cap but more importantly that B) Verizon enforces said cap on a regular basis.
Any examples that the 5GB cap exists are based on "someone who knows someone who knows someone" or a vague reference to being capped without any proof
The conclusion is don't download torrents and you'll be fine.

That's the summary of every thread on this subject. If you don't believe me, go and search then you don't have to rehash everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrionSX

Reaction score
I work for a 3rd party retailer, and as far as I can tell, Verizon isn't using a packet inspection method for detecting tethering; and if I recall correctly, the tethering app is using different connection settings then the standard mobile network settings, thereby identifying it as being in tethering mode. I can confirm that there IS a 5gb cap when in tethering; this is FCC enforced if I remember correctly, its not Verizon's choice. It applies to all carriers, even on their mobile broadband cards. Going over that limit results in a very lovely overage charge that will likely send you into fits. However, phone-based usage is still unlimited, and I think that's just because downloading 5gb worth of data to a phone would be difficult to do. In otherwords, try using EasyTether off the market, or PDAnet if you prefer. Its not wireless, but its better than nothing. That being said...

...wasn't this thread created to discuss root? >.>

ALL YOUR ROOT ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well this is quite saddening, the EVO 4g already got rooted:
HTC Evo 4G rooted in record time (video) -- Engadget

As we still wait :(.

I don't get this... how did someone root the Evo already when I thought the Incredible ran pretty much the same software and we are still waiting on an Incredible root...

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the method they used to root work on the Incredible??

I would think those that discover and use these root methods would know best what they are doing. Once the Incredible is rooted folks all over the net will know. Nobody is holding back, it would be pointless.

You weren't really expecting a "why yes, you are correct, why didn't they think of that?" were you?:)

Weapondrift

Reaction score
does anyone have the idea that this wont happen anytime soon? Im not trying to push buttons but its as if all other devices are rooted with the exception of this one. It just seems ...quirky

Spotmark

Reaction score
Good to hear, Scoob. Looking forward to some rooted goodness. :icon_ banana:

M

Matth3w

Will it be able to WiFi tether with the current packages or will a new WiFi tether package have to be made?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
scoob where are you following progress? xda?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
call me a skeptic, but how do you root a device without actually having the device?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i think that is guy boots talkin about. im kinda on the fence about it. i have no reason to trust or dis-trust him. if he has got it, it will truly be awesome and a trillion itrenetz to him.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Don't believe anything you read until you see proof. Root success has been lied about before on other phones.

Why am I skeptical? If the N1 can't hit those kind of OC speeds, how would the DI? The actual cpu in both are the same.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i thought on the N1 1.3 was safe and when you 1.5 which it says that havent tested was when phone was freakin.. plus root+snap-dragon+froyo=sex. im not sure i would over clock it then

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.