D1-MIUI User Guide. Please read before posting UI related Questions

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by hoppermi, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    a friend gave me his old droid1 as my eris finally gave it up.....first thing i did was root it and start trying some roms, after the initial shock of the layout of this rom, i must say i really like it.... i did flash a different kernel that someone else suggested and I seem to get pretty decent battery life....but having just got this phone i am not sure what good battery life is.....but what the heck thats why they make phone chargers

2. hoppermi

hoppermi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Anthony, I can't help you w/ this one. Try starting a thread and someone who uses the playlists will be able to answer your question:)

3. hoppermi

hoppermi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome aboard rvpartsguy! We get widely varying accounts of battery life on this ROM. Some think its great, others complain, your guess is as good as mine. I've never had a problem lasting the day, unless I'm really hammering it. Enjoy your stay.

4. leen

leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I must be retarded... I come to MIUI from CyanogenMod 7.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get into vibrate only mode! Any pointers, anyone?

5. tp4bama

tp4bama Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Turn vol all the way down. In the notification panel, make sure the vibration button is checked. That should do it, plus if you want mms to vibrate go under mms settings and mess with the vibrate options.

6. leen

leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh, once again I must be blind. As I don't see that. I pressed the volume button down until it was on silent then opened the notification panel and this is what I get:

Am I missing something?
    [​IMG]

7. tp4bama

tp4bama Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok i havent looked into the notification panel on this build. Its no longer there. You have to go to settings/personal/sound_settings and set the vibrate option from there(mines set to vibrate when in silent mode on default)

8. leen

leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i'm just using switch pro to manually switch to vibrate mode now. :) dancedroid

9. glange65

glange65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hoppermi...first off, great write up. Wish I had found it when I first installed MIUI. That's what I love about this forum: people are respectful and genuinely try to help each other. LOVE IT!

If I may, here are some items to add to the guide, if you feel them appropriate.

• The back-up app built into MIUI is, according to what I read in the installation thread in this forum, the best method for backing up and restoring apps and system data when going from one version of MIUI to another. TI has been known to cause a few issues.
    • According to Jamezelle in that same post, when installing MIUI for the first time, it is highly recommended that you install your apps from the Market and NOT restore system data or apps using TI. I know from personal experience, MIUI doesn't like having apps restored after being installed and backed up with another ROM.
    • When going from theme to theme, occasionally you find an app that doesn't respond well to the theming. For example, you might find that the settings menus in an app are on black backgrounds AND black text, making it unreadable. 9 out of ten times this can be easily fixed by going to settings > programs > manage applications > select the problem app > change the "compatibility mode"
    • Some of the new apps that are included in MIUI from the developers are incredibly useful. The File Manager app allows you to view your data by category, to see the SD card contents and delete, move files, and best of all, if you have wifi in your home, you can connect the phone with your PC through the wifi using ftp (replacing two third-party apps)
    • Monitor is also very useful. You can track your call minutes, messages, and data usage on the first tab. Best is the firewall..this allows you to determine what apps can connect to the outside world, and if you prefer them using data or wifi. (big savings on data plans for some, and also replacing two apps)
    • MIUI has it own note taking app, an app to track and work with downloads, and a 3G mobile hotspot app...all built in!!
    • Another benefit of "editing mode" is that your shortcuts are temporarily turned off. Then when you have difficulty with the long-press to move the shortcut, you won't keep opening the app by accident.
    For every little item I find that I wish were different, or has a few bugs or inconveniences, I find four or five benefits of this ROM. I hope you can find some use for this and please forgive the spelling.

10. synctek

synctek Member

Ratings:
    +1
    MIUI is friggan awesome - please please please please make a rom for the DX. Figured I would ask - squeeky wheel and all that.

Search tags for this page
how to set wallpaper in miui 6 without drag
in miui 6 there is no drag folder option in widget
long press menu miui
miui global search widget
miui manual
miui task killer
miui taskkiller

miui user guide

sync only one group google contacts miui
turning off wifi psm mode in miui