Installing Team D1 MIUI v3.3 with Network Location working and alphabetized icons

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. Backup your applications (My Backup Pro, Titanium, etc.)
2. Revert to your latest nandroid that is not MIUI
3. Optional - Restore backup applications to ROM that is not MIUI
4. Optional - Update your applications as you see fit
5. Optional - Create a new application backup
6. Install Simply Stunning 4.8 (no theme) by wiping completely first.
7. Restore your applications/data (important: DO NOT restore Android data, like Contacts, Android Home, system settings, etc.)
8. Install MIUI ROM without a wipe

Icons should be alphabetized.
Network Location should work

*For a hybrid feel, you can install Launcher Pro, if you like the option of selecting applications using a scrollable grid, instead of wiping screen to screen.

Turn on Google sync, to restore your contacts. Restore your wifi settings, and widgets manually, do not use backup tools to restore them for you.

Restore others settings as you see fit manually.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
awesome! thanks for providing that to everyone. That was one of my main reasons for not flashing to the newest versions miui.

That and the lack of themes yet.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
is the purpose of this to get the apps alphatbetical order cuz network location only works cuz your installing over another rom. :icon_eek:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes but at least network works this way.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Im confused. Thats how we been getting network location to work from day one. We would install the Miui rom over another rom without wipe. Or am I missing something :confused:

timo1456

Reaction score
is there a link to the miui rom to install over ss? sorry just dont know what version of miui your referring to

nm i found it

azpilot

Reaction score
this is old news, its been known since day one installing over another rom makes networking work. I have even seen notes on the apps as well.

Caesarg

Reaction score
This has been done before but one of the issues was that some parts (phone dialer, etc) did not load if you loaded MIUI over another rom. Has this changed? If you load V3 this way does it load all the MIUI apps?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Im confused. Thats how we been getting network location to work from day one. We would install the Miui rom over another rom without wipe. Or am I missing something :confused:

I know it is. Its how Ive done it with v2. Its also one of the main reasons I dont see the purpose in flashing "nightly's" with very minor changes, while major issues have not been addressed in any of the updates. Each x.x version has been nothing worth the flash in my opinion. The point is some people that have not flashed MIUI dont know this information, so...if they want to organize thier apps, and get location to work (which is important to me cause I dont want to use gps to update my weather apps, and its something I use everyday).

I did not claim this was a new find...I simply said thanks for putting it up for people who are flashing 3.3 but want location, etc to work. This is not on the flashing link on the code.google site.

I personally think it would be better to come through with some good fixes and release a bigger update package, rather than having to flash a minor update every week to stay on top of things.

And I honestly dont see the point in updating to 3.3 anyway. Im still on v2 over ss4.8, and its running smooth for me. Hell..I can change heapsize in root explorer faster than I can flash an update, which is exactly what I did a while back before all these heapsize changes were rolling out. I did this by comparing my build.prop file to my girls ss4.8 build.prop file..and noticed some differences (vm heap was not the only difference). * i mean no disrespect to those who are working on it...Im happy we have miui. I have overlooked minor bugs just because I like it so much, when there are other roms that run much better..but I still stick with it. Im simply giving constructive criticism.

D2Enigma

Reaction score
Would this only work with SS 4.8 or do we have another option?
Ex) Stock Deox FRG22D

ballisticn8

Reaction score
can anyone verify if flashing v3.3 over ss4.8 lets you keep the stock miui apps like dialer and mms?

When I last ran this ROM for some reason all of my market links were broken, apps i had on my phone didnt show up in downloads on market no matter what I tried, has this been fixed?

hoppermi

Reaction score
Just let all your apps load and sync. then flash MIUI. Fix the force closes and all will be right....probably. yes you will get all the MIUI apps.

ballisticn8

Reaction score
lmao at the probably, that is the most truthful statement made when it comes to flashing roms. damn phones are picky deciding if they want to play nice with it or not arent they?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Would this only work with SS 4.8 or do we have another option?
Ex) Stock Deox FRG22D

I used CM v6.0 and it's working beautifully; so I'm fairly sure it would also work on stock FRG22D as well.

I used CM because it uses the /cache/dalvik-cache/ folder for the classes.dex files for the apps in /system/app/ instead of /data/dalvik-cache like SS does. This saves you some space in the /data/ partition upon flashing over the ROM (since you aren't wiping prior to flashing to get network location to work).

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just curious ....if we do this over ss4.8 is it necessary to go through and format system, data, cache, sd-ext, etc before flashing?

TAHT FO YNA OD OT DEEN ON DNIMREVEN : TIDE