[!!OFFICIAL!! TEAM D1-MIUI]-10.15-v4.X Release

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Team D1-MIUI Proudly Presents D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1

D1-MIUI is not the "kitchen sink rom" We choose to keep it lean so you can add your own apps. Addon packs will be posted. Feel free to make your own. But remember no full roms. This is Team D1-MIUI forum. Only our official rom will be posted. Please read the rules sticky and the example mod sticky if you need help.

Please read this whole post before downloading and flashing.

This is a full wipe rom. Meaning wipe data/factory reset through clockwork recovery.
Please flash it that way.

This is necessary so we can further development on MIUI for the Droid 1 without having a backbone ROM to flash over. If you don't flash it this way we can't tell what bugs are directly from MIUI.

Most of the problems with accounts and sync not showing up were because of flashing over another rom.

For example accountsandsyncsettings does not need to be renamed. It works fine if you flash it like stated. The same goes for network location ie telocation.

With that said......

This is a 99% fully functional ROM.

The only problems that remain are:

Verizon tab does not show in the market. What you see is the T-Mobile market.

Sliding open the keypad will unlock the phone. If this is an issue change your lockscreen options to Pin/Password or don't use this rom and put your droid in your pocket while wearing jeans or girl pants. We will look in to disabling this feature/bug.

Facebook contacts don't sync. Some say syncmypic from the market works for this but I don't know I don't use facebook.

You cannot record 720p video. No droid rom does this. This was built for the n1/desire. I'll have a look into disabling the option.

Dialing *228 will force close the phone. Dial *228+ instead. It works the same.

If you can't download a certain file you need to install Astro filemanager, DownloadCrutch or something similar from the market. We are working to fix this natively.

Things not to do:

Do not flash themes made for any other version. If you do don't post your bugs here.
Do not use MIUI Backup to restore anything from previous releases. Problems have been reported.
Do not use Titanium Backup to restore anything other than downloaded market apps.
Do not flash this rom if you haven't wiped data/factory reset.

If you must have whatever verizion app that's not in the market then back it up with something like Astro Filemanager or Titanium backup and restore it after you've flashed D1-MIUI.

DO NOT ADVANCE NANDROID YOUR DATA PARTITON BACK. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF WIPING DATA/CACHE. YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH OLD DATA THAT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH MIUI AND THEREFORE NOT COMPATIBLE.

What is not included:

You will need to download most google apps from the market. This makes updating them easier since they are not stuck in /system/app waisting space.
Examples: Maps, Google Search, Street View etc.

I left out Carhomelauncher, Carhome, Wirelesstether, and a few others. Addon packs will be made if you need these. Have patience we have lives too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[video=youtube;x6yY53Kcc0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6yY53Kcc0w&feature=related[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download: http://code.google.com/p/d1-miui/downloads/detail?name=D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1.zip&can=2&q=

Generations have been working in jobs they hate, just so they can buy what they don't really need. ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 19

Attachments

• home1.png
    home1.png
    516.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • homescreenadd.png
    homescreenadd.png
    225 KB · Views: 677
  • lock.png
    lock.png
    221 KB · Views: 835
  • recentapps.png
    recentapps.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 679
  • Notification.png
    Notification.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 711

bigmike35

Reaction score

This is a full wipe rom.

This is necessary so we can further development on MIUI for the Droid 1 without having a backbone ROM to flash over. If you don't flash it this way we can't tell what bugs are directly from MIUI.

For example accountsandsyncsettings does not need to be renamed. It works fine if you flash it like stated. The same goes for network location.

Most of the problems with accounts and sync not showing up were because of flashing over another rom.

With that said......

This is nearly a fully functional ROM.

The phone will force close on boot. It works fine after.

Do not use Titanium Backup with this rom and post bugs.
If you must have whatever verizion app that's not in the market then back it up with something like Astro Filemanager and restore it after you've flashed D1-MIUI.

Download: D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1.zip - d1-miui - D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1 BETA!! This is another test release. Please flash it after wiping data/factory reset. This will help us greatly in improving MIUI for the droid 1. One major bug remains. The phone will fc

i understand this completely but just outta curiosity after a full wipe/data i installed and booted up fine and no f/c the first time but back to my question. i see how u stated to install the apps but if i did a backup right before can i restore the data from an adv nadroid(trying now) would that be correct or something. just looking for feed back other then that thnx for a great rom and ur hard work of putting this out!
also when i do this ill see if any f/c if so ill clear framework n contact storage in report back if ppl are interested

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

This is a full wipe rom.

For example accountsandsyncsettings does not need to be renamed. It works fine if you flash it like stated. The same goes for network location.

With that said......

This is nearly a fully functional ROM.

The phone will force close on boot. It works fine after.

Do not use Titanium Backup with this rom and post bugs.
If you must have whatever verizion app that's not in the market then back it up with something like Astro Filemanager and restore it after you've flashed D1-MIUI.

Download: D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1.zip - d1-miui - D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1 BETA!! This is another test release. Please flash it after wiping data/factory reset. This will help us greatly in improving MIUI for the droid 1. One major bug remains. The phone will fc

i understand this completely but just outta curiosity after a full wipe/data i installed and booted up fine and no f/c the first time but back to my question. i see how u stated to install the apps but if i did a backup right before can i restore the data from an adv nadroid(trying now) would that be correct or something. just looking for feed back other then that thnx for a great rom and ur hard work of putting this out!
also when i do this ill see if any f/c if so ill clear framework n contact storage in report back if ppl are interested

Please don't restore your data and post about it. This defeats the whole purpose of doing these releases.

I just spent the last two hours testing on a clean install.

If you must. Nandroid to your previous rom and backup your apps with Astro or something similar that only backs up /data/app.

droidbionic

Reaction score
why cant i use Titanium Backup? i want to restore my apps and data for some apps and games.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Would it be wishful thinking to hope that this version recognizes basic ADB commands like "rm", "grep", and other assorted commands?

:blink:

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
why cant i use Titanium Backup? i want to restore my apps and data for some apps and games.

You can do it if you know what your doing. Only restore apps. Not anything else. I just posted that because some people get confused and restore more than they should.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Would it be wishful thinking to hope that this version recognizes basic ADB commands like "rm", "grep", and other assorted commands?

:blink:

Your wish was granted.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
So I'm running UD 1.0.0 right now.
So am I correct in saying that to install this, I just need to wipe and install through clockwork? That simple? Does it have to be installed over SS4.8?

bigmike35

Reaction score
my bad i was just curious but i understand this process. so we can use titanium just dont restore the data that came with the apps? may i ask why or ur just trying to get feedback from a clean clean install rom which is understandable sir

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I'm running UD 1.0.0 right now.
So am I correct in saying that to install this, I just need to wipe and install through clockwork? That simple? Does it have to be installed over SS4.8?

Your are correct. Completely wipe. Data/Factory reset.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
my bad i was just curious but i understand this process. so we can use titanium just dont restore the data that came with the apps? may i ask why or ur just trying to get feedback from a clean clean install rom which is understandable sir

Just backup and restore apps nothing more. And yes the point of this is to get feedback on a "clean" install.

This was my goal from the beginning but people found shortcuts around some issues by flashing MIUI over other roms. Now I'm trying to correct those issues without having the rom flashed over anything else.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just tried the miui backup and I keep getting force closes.

Force closes on what exactly? The MIUI Backup app or something else. I need specifics.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Flashing now, will report findings shortly.

EDIT: No force close on boot here either. Apps don't automatically repopulate as with previous versions, but I use App Brain so this is a very minor issue.