D1-MIUI User Guide. Please read before posting UI related Questions

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Okay figured out the "Theme Manager" , I have to be on Wi-Fi (finally looked up WEP key on router , just lazy) for it to work , doing so and works great , 3G will hang every time , when it hangs I can switch to Wi-Fi it continues and will complete , weird .
3G no go , Wi-Fi works . dancedroid

skibler

Reaction score
Just installed this on a droid, seems to be working very well so far. Thank you.

The main reason I chose MIUI was because apparently it has a "firewall" feature that you can use to restrict apps to wifi only, as well as data usage tracking. I can't seem to find any of this. Have I been misinformed?

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Traffic monitor. Should be there somewhere. Some times it gets left out though. If it wasnt included ask jamezelle for it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

skibler

Reaction score
Traffic monitor. Should be there somewhere. Some times it gets left out though. If it wasnt included ask jamezelle for it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I eventually found that. Thanks.

I am in the swype beta and I have installed it properly through their installer and it still doesn't work. Anyone else having this issue?

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
If a reboot doesn't fix it. you may have to delete all swype and swype installer files from your SD and then start over with the link in your email.

Antonius138

Reaction score
Backup Restore Miui Music Play Playlists?

I thought I would ask here about backing up and restoring the MIUI music player playlists. If I flash another ROM to my wife's phone without being able to recover her MIUI playlists again I will be sleeping on the couch, so any advise on how to save custom or added MIUI playlists would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

rvpartsguy

Reaction score
a friend gave me his old droid1 as my eris finally gave it up.....first thing i did was root it and start trying some roms, after the initial shock of the layout of this rom, i must say i really like it.... i did flash a different kernel that someone else suggested and I seem to get pretty decent battery life....but having just got this phone i am not sure what good battery life is.....but what the heck thats why they make phone chargers

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I thought I would ask here about backing up and restoring the MIUI music player playlists. If I flash another ROM to my wife's phone without being able to recover her MIUI playlists again I will be sleeping on the couch, so any advise on how to save custom or added MIUI playlists would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

Well Anthony, I can't help you w/ this one. Try starting a thread and someone who uses the playlists will be able to answer your question:)

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
a friend gave me his old droid1 as my eris finally gave it up.....first thing i did was root it and start trying some roms, after the initial shock of the layout of this rom, i must say i really like it.... i did flash a different kernel that someone else suggested and I seem to get pretty decent battery life....but having just got this phone i am not sure what good battery life is.....but what the heck thats why they make phone chargers

Welcome aboard rvpartsguy! We get widely varying accounts of battery life on this ROM. Some think its great, others complain, your guess is as good as mine. I've never had a problem lasting the day, unless I'm really hammering it. Enjoy your stay.

leen

Reaction score
I must be retarded... I come to MIUI from CyanogenMod 7.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get into vibrate only mode! Any pointers, anyone?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get into vibrate only mode! Any pointers, anyone?

Turn vol all the way down. In the notification panel, make sure the vibration button is checked. That should do it, plus if you want mms to vibrate go under mms settings and mess with the vibrate options.

leen

Reaction score

Turn vol all the way down. In the notification panel, make sure the vibration button is checked. That should do it, plus if you want mms to vibrate go under mms settings and mess with the vibrate options.

Ugh, once again I must be blind. As I don't see that. I pressed the volume button down until it was on silent then opened the notification panel and this is what I get:

Am I missing something?
20110426_003812.jpg

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok i havent looked into the notification panel on this build. Its no longer there. You have to go to settings/personal/sound_settings and set the vibrate option from there(mines set to vibrate when in silent mode on default)

leen

Reaction score
ok i havent looked into the notification panel on this build. Its no longer there. You have to go to settings/personal/sound_settings and set the vibrate option from there(mines set to vibrate when in silent mode on default)

Thanks, i'm just using switch pro to manually switch to vibrate mode now. :) dancedroid

glange65

Reaction score
Hoppermi...first off, great write up. Wish I had found it when I first installed MIUI. That's what I love about this forum: people are respectful and genuinely try to help each other. LOVE IT!

If I may, here are some items to add to the guide, if you feel them appropriate.

• The back-up app built into MIUI is, according to what I read in the installation thread in this forum, the best method for backing up and restoring apps and system data when going from one version of MIUI to another. TI has been known to cause a few issues.
  • According to Jamezelle in that same post, when installing MIUI for the first time, it is highly recommended that you install your apps from the Market and NOT restore system data or apps using TI. I know from personal experience, MIUI doesn't like having apps restored after being installed and backed up with another ROM.
  • When going from theme to theme, occasionally you find an app that doesn't respond well to the theming. For example, you might find that the settings menus in an app are on black backgrounds AND black text, making it unreadable. 9 out of ten times this can be easily fixed by going to settings > programs > manage applications > select the problem app > change the "compatibility mode"
  • Some of the new apps that are included in MIUI from the developers are incredibly useful. The File Manager app allows you to view your data by category, to see the SD card contents and delete, move files, and best of all, if you have wifi in your home, you can connect the phone with your PC through the wifi using ftp (replacing two third-party apps)
  • Monitor is also very useful. You can track your call minutes, messages, and data usage on the first tab. Best is the firewall..this allows you to determine what apps can connect to the outside world, and if you prefer them using data or wifi. (big savings on data plans for some, and also replacing two apps)
  • MIUI has it own note taking app, an app to track and work with downloads, and a 3G mobile hotspot app...all built in!!
  • Another benefit of "editing mode" is that your shortcuts are temporarily turned off. Then when you have difficulty with the long-press to move the shortcut, you won't keep opening the app by accident.
For every little item I find that I wish were different, or has a few bugs or inconveniences, I find four or five benefits of this ROM. I hope you can find some use for this and please forgive the spelling.