[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I've had this rom for about a month and I've decided to go back to gb. I really dig this but I miss my great battery life that I got from liberty. I just want to say thanks for all the hard work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

T3viin

Reaction score
I knew u cud do it dude :p awesomeness.. Now the last thing to worry about (not to add on more work but its seriosuly the last thing) is battery life :p

havens1515

Reaction score
I knew u cud do it dude :p awesomeness.. Now the last thing to worry about (not to add on more work but its seriosuly the last thing) is battery life :p

Well, the data usage doesn't break down per app, but that's a small thing. Battery life really is pretty much the only thing left. CM9 was stabilized much quicker than CM7 was! (Not that I'm complaining about CM7, but there were a few things that didn't work in CM7 for a LONG time. Most of the big things were fixed pretty quickly though)

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The data usage breakdown is broken kernel modules. Unfortunately, I 1) don't have source for them or know where to look for it and 2) know waaaay less about kernels/modules than android system.

As for it being stable so fast, I can't take much credit for that. Bikedude had done a ton of work then abandoned it since never could get data working. From there it was just porting to d2/x and then going from there.

Sent from my D2G

CrimsonCatalyst

Reaction score
I was looking at the D2G thread as well and what does it mean when you say that the camera is now "mirrored"? Or does that not apply to the D2 version?

havens1515

Reaction score
I was looking at the D2G thread as well and what does it mean when you say that the camera is now "mirrored"? Or does that not apply to the D2 version?

It means that the image is upside-down. But that has been fixed. (Supposedly at least, I haven't booted the new build yet)

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Can u guys add that smooth scrolling mod? Or no?

Motorola Droid 2: MIUI 2.3.12

I don't even know what mod you are talking about? Probably not getting added though. Trying to keep it as close to cm9 as I can.

Sent from my D2G

sudermatt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get Corporate Exchange to work on this?

I am still on a froyo ROM because GB won't authenticate my corp email.

Anyone try it on this ROM?

hamburglar490

Reaction score
If by that you mean when you go to "Email" and choose corporate and the exchange option, then yes I've tried it. It works.

ArtskydJ

Reaction score
Movie studio doesn't load the new project within 30 seconds, I saw a video where it loaded within 3 sec, so I am quite sure it has problems... I have never gotten it to load. Movie mode never shows past the 1st frame and then crashes like 10 sec into it. Panorama mode shows black where it should show the camera frame.
Thanks for fixing picture editing! I love it!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

NZitney

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the 3-27 build installed on their Droid 2?

I have the 3-20 build installed and working great, but the 3-27 build puts me in a boot loop.

I was able to boot into recovery and go back to the 3-20 build, tried re flashing to 3-27 and it happened again.

I cleared data and cache in between each install.