[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

loki993

Reaction score
This ROM is built from the CM source, not from anything else. They MAY have used some of FirstEncounter's work to get some of the device-specific stuff working (The keyboard, 3G, wifi, etc.) but for the most part it's straight CM9.

I see well that explains it. So there must be something with CM9 then. Still something in the ROM he used worked wonders on the battery, I wish I could figure out what it was.

Reaction score
Its not usable since it is pretty much hit or miss (mainly miss). I'd rather say its not working because of the people that depend on a camera.

MIUI 2012.2.29

Really? What are you talking about? I was referring to the source I saw for Defy that works on Droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the D2 camera is basically the same as the X. For the X, the camera will take a picture when it wants to, but most of the time it won't. So that's why I say it basically doesn't work. Its not something you can rely on.

MIUI 2012.3.5

Reaction score
I'm assuming the D2 camera is basically the same as the X. For the X, the camera will take a picture when it wants to, but most of the time it won't. So that's why I say it basically doesn't work. Its not something you can rely on.

MIUI 2012.3.5

Oh, I thought you had information about the Droid 2. The camera on the Droid X may have the same resolution, but they are a bit different. You may want to compare Droid 2's camera to similar cameras, such as the Droid 1 and Defy.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually the X has a higher resolution camera, but since the X/2 hardware is so similar, it should share similar drivers if not the same.

MIUI 2012.3.5

Reaction score
Actually the X has a higher resolution camera, but since the X/2 hardware is so similar, it should share similar drivers if not the same.

MIUI 2012.3.5

Umm, not how that works. Usually when they switch resolution on the camera, that alters the libraries that interact with it. By that fact, code for one will not necessarily be designed the same as code for the other.
I said to compare the Droid 1 and Defy for that specific reason, because the camera is the same, not just similar.
A better example is the desire hd and the thunderbolt. The thunderbolt is the desire hd slightly upgraded for verizon but hardware is roughly the same. Different camera library, though, for each. Add in updated camera hardware and it would differ even more.

havens1515

Reaction score

MIUI 2012.3.5

It is similar or the same drivers for like 90% of the phone, because the CPU and most of the rest of the hardware is the same. But since the camera IS different, I'm pretty sure it requires different drivers. Not sure how different though.

T3viin

Reaction score
my apologies then :/ sorry bu im so use to that happening with roms :/ happend alot in the froyo days .

matt12eagles

Reaction score
Tank you so so much 13th angel. suppor for our loved droid 2s is basically dead. i just founf your ics rom and love it! Thanks for being so awesome!

matt

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry its been so long since I've gotten builds out for you guys. Didnt entirely abandon you I promise.

http://synibox.info/synik4l/x13thangelx/D2/CM9-D2-03152012.zip
md5sum = 8d126e2a18f5942855b5011e17b4637e

Has ClassE fix (makes third party camera apps show right color. May be mirrored, is on D2G but not on DX)
Has name fixed so it shows DROID2 like it should
Built off common repo format from now on. Will help with spreading changes across all 3 faster.
several cm changes (for full list see Gerrit Code Review)

T3viin

Reaction score
Es ok. Ur right u are human and have things to do. And again i apologize for thinking it was abanadoned. thanks for the new build. but does the Eclass fix mean the camera works? or no?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually been working on Gummy for the past few days.

Third part apps should, the stock camera doesnt.