Cool uses for your Droid

cgarnes

Reaction score
Off topic, admittedly, but I miss my Quicken app for the iPhone... Is there one for Droid? IF so, I can't find it.

Thanks!

bbtkd

Reaction score
I like a lot on the Droid, but one thing in particular that I like is to use it as a police scanner. Download the app PoliceStream. It accesses police scanner audio feeds from all over. I happen to run the feed for my area, which feeds through Radioreference.com. This way I can listen to the local police/fire/EMS/etc wherever I am. I have a handheld scanner though don't carry it everywhere - but I always have my droid. The few complaints I've read about PoliceStream are really about the audio quality, availability, or reliability of the feeds - which PoliceStream has no control over. I would like to see tham add widgets so I can have an icon for a specific feed.

KiotaKahn

Reaction score
I find that as a Premium Retailer for Verizon, my Droid is great for selling.....MORE DROIDS! I have not had an eligible customer yet that's played with mine and not walked out the door with one of their own. And I always bookmark this forum for them before they go, in case they come up with any questions.

savioAMG

Reaction score
Just recently I had to take my car to the dealer for service and my loaner car didn't have navigation and I was unfamiliar with the area. Used the nav app on the Droid. It worked flawlessly and I was more than impressed with it. Awesome, especially considering it's a beta app.

OP
thehotcops

thehotcops

Reaction score
Just recently I had to take my car to the dealer for service and my loaner car didn't have navigation and I was unfamiliar with the area. Used the nav app on the Droid. It worked flawlessly and I was more than impressed with it. Awesome, especially considering it's a beta app.

True. But then again, Google still had Gmail was in "beta" until recently. Although Google Maps Navigation did just come out with Android 2.0.

bikerboy

Reaction score
google map navigations is awesome and i did use it once, but it really drained the batter fast, right ?

lschmitt

Reaction score
google map navigations is awesome and i did use it once, but it really drained the batter fast, right ?
I've used it numerous times since I got my droid. Usually I have it charging while I use it, but the battery does seem to drain rather fast. I also noticed that at times it will take you around the block to get to a destination when you don't need to. Not sure what that's all about. I use to use VZNavigation and it did the same thing. Overall, though, it's a huge improvement over VZNav, which never seems to give good directions. Just my experience.

bennyj

Reaction score
I've used it numerous times since I got my droid. Usually I have it charging while I use it, but the battery does seem to drain rather fast. I also noticed that at times it will take you around the block to get to a destination when you don't need to. Not sure what that's all about. I use to use VZNavigation and it did the same thing. Overall, though, it's a huge improvement over VZNav, which never seems to give good directions. Just my experience.

I love the new navigation on the droid. Unlike vznav wich would tell you to do a u turn, google will just re route you which is nice. I also like that it shows you a picture of the building when you reach it!

lobe50

Reaction score
Good Reading, I picked up some nice ideas for apps to try. I blew everyone here away with the Bubble Level.

I know I use my new LCD FlashLight App quite a bit, great to always know you have a light on ya in a pinch :)
TipCalc , Google Sky, and Talk to Me translator are all cool also. This phone just amazes me!!!!!!

fliphkd23

Reaction score
I recently went to visit an old coworker at the hospital. I used the navigation function to guide me to the hospital. Once there I looked up the number to the business I used to work at on the browser. I called the place and got the guys full name so I could find which room he was in at the front desk. Deciding that getting some get well flowers would be a good idea I used google maps to find a nearby flower shop and then had my droid give me walking directions. The droid definitely came through for me that day!

RedRocker

Reaction score
I called my wife in Tampa while I was in Gainesville. Had I not had the Droid, it would have hurt my throat to yell that loud :icon_evil:

So you're saying you can talk to people on this thing?:icon_eek: