what is your droid "cool trick"?

spower

Reaction score
I used the GPS navigate the other day to find a branch of my bank in a different town, it navigated me there just fine and when I arrived at my destination a picture of the bank actually appeared on the screen!! I couldn't believe it.

cuskit

Reaction score
I used the GPS navigate the other day to find a branch of my bank in a different town, it navigated me there just fine and when I arrived at my destination a picture of the bank actually appeared on the screen!! I couldn't believe it.
Hmmm. So , a bank robber can use it to see if the cops are parked outside waiting for him to exit the building? LOL! :icon_eek: mikey

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm. So , a bank robber can use it to see if the cops are parked outside waiting for him to exit the building? LOL! :icon_eek: mikey

Another reason to keep cell phones out of prisons...especially as smart phones start becoming the norm. "navigate to...escape tunnel"

drjoek

Reaction score
question
Do I need to have a rooted droid to install swype?
I get a message that it wont let me install things not from Market

Boat

Reaction score
question
Do I need to have a rooted droid to install swype?
I get a message that it wont let me install things not from Market
Go to Settings/Applications/Unknown Sources/Check box.

Reaction score
it takes pretty clear pictures of text so i got ma notes while im in that big exam. And it says "DROID" and ppl like that.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Good thread! I learned more stuff here than 10 threads

My favorites
When I put an address in the "location" line in Outlook on an appointment, it syncs to my Google calendar. I can finger tap to navigate to the appointment!

When it is a hotel for a conference you also get an automatic link to the hotel we site, and a couple of buttons for details on the hotel along with reviews.

smiller136

Reaction score

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe not the coolest trick, but easily one of the most useful is being able to click on a phone number in an email or website and the phone dials it! Brilliant!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe not the coolest trick, but easily one of the most useful is being able to click on a phone number in an email or website and the phone dials it! Brilliant!

I use Colornote and it does that there too. Probably lots of text areas will let you dial...definitely a cool thing.

hemi-droid

Reaction score
Probably my coolest trick is among several listed here already, but I found a new app last night that definitely qualifies as a cool trick in my book. It's called AirPainter. It's essentially an app for painting graffiti messages in the air, visible only on other devices with the app, of course.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Probably my coolest trick is among several listed here already, but I found a new app last night that definitely qualifies as a cool trick in my book. It's called AirPainter. It's essentially an app for painting graffiti messages in the air, visible only on other devices with the app, of course.

That would make for a cool scavenger hunt with clues.