what is your droid "cool trick"?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
One of my 4 year old son's favorite shows is YO GABA GABA.
A feature on the otherwise pretty dumb show is COOL TRICKS where people feature a cool thing they can do.
On a recent episode a kid balanced/ hung a spoon from his nose.

IMO- a COOL TRICK on the droid isn't a task no one else can do but it is a feature of the device you discovered on your own.

My cool trick- i was sitting around browsing yesterday and figured out that while you're in the browser if you repeatedly press on the SEARCH BUTTON it toggles between google search and allowing you to type in a web URL.

What is your cool trick?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my 4 year old son's favorite shows is YO GABA GABA.
A feature on the otherwise pretty dumb show is COOL TRICKS where people feature a cool thing tthey can do.
On a recent episode a kid balanced/ hung a spoon from his nose.

IMO- a COOL TRICK on the droid isn't a task no one else can do but it is a feature of the device you discovered on your own.

My cool trick- i was sitting around browsing yesterday and figured out that while you're in the browser if you repeatedly press on the SEARCH BUTTON it toggles between google search and allowing you to type in a web URL.

What is your cool trick?

Not my cool trick and you may already know about it but the one that really knocked me out was using the search and the voice to do math. Just press the search button and the microphone and give it a math problem. Droid will figure it out for you via Google. Too cool IMHO.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the only 2 things i've showed off and got a WOW from ppl are swype and shazam. those aren't a trick but i luv the wow factor of them lol

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must say Swype is the biggest attention getter that I show people.

Riley

Reaction score
I learned something real cool about my Droid and my in car stereo. I have an aftermarket stereo in my car which controls an ipod in the my glove box. BUT I use my Droid a lot too for streaming radio and Pandora etc, plus Nav, etc. Well my Droid when in it's car dock is hooked to my Aux in jack on my stereo. The other day I was listening to the ipod, and a call came to my phone, my stereo 'saw' the audio from the ring on the Droid and automatically switched the stereo source to AUX so that I could hear and take the call. I know it's the stereo but because I'm a Droid fanboy I just pretend that it's controlling my stereo LOL!

REARless

Reaction score
Maybe not the "coolest" but I have gotten the biggest reaction from the MotoTorch. You always have an led flashlight when you need one.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I wow with the BW animated weather... its 3D and awesome.

ruinah

Reaction score
where do you guys get Swype? I looked for it in the market but don't see it. Looks awesome.

crspang

Reaction score
I would have to say overclocking is my droid's cool trick, admittedly my non-geek friends don't really see the usefulness of that.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dunno I have passed some time with Google Voice transcriptions haha. You can get pretty funny results.