1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrading to Droid. Is Letstalk/Wirefly or Amazon safe?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Blammo300, May 30, 2010.

1. Blammo300

Blammo300 New Member

Just wondering since Letstalk/Wirefly and Amazon have Droids for $20 if you upgrade your current plan. Sounds good considering I would be paying $200 instead of $40 for 2 phones. Have heard some good stories and horror stories about Letstalk and Wirefly.

Is it just safer to go through Verizon direct and spend extra cash or are Wirefly/Letstalk and Amazon legit enough?
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Their are quite a few people here I know got them from Amazon and wirefly and I dont remember seeing any complaints..
  3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I got my wife's through amazon - easy as pie and they have the best customer service.
  4. Diordna

Diordna New Member

And I got mine through wirefly. no problems.
  5. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! New Member

Got mine through LetsTalk. No problems whatsoever.
  6. theu2621

theu2621 New Member

I also used LetsTalk, and would recommend them to anyone. Got my phone overnighted to me and also had my phone number ported over a few hours before receiving my Droid!
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

8. jc9995

jc9995 New Member

I got both mine and my wifes through Amazon.... very easy.
  9. DIRTYDOGG

DIRTYDOGG New Member

+1

me 2 :)
  10. droidblood

droidblood New Member

Ordered my Droid through Cellulardeals, who I believe is associated with wirefly in some way? Package tracking through fedex shows the package to be at the local facility and estimated to be here on the 1st o June. If you can, don't order close to a weekend or Holiday...3 day shipping turns into 6.

So far everything seems legit with cellulardeals. I spoke with two different reps on two occasions. Each time for more than an hour. They were friendly and informational. The only thing I thought was a little strange was when we had to three-way a call to verizon to inquire on my account.

I'll try to update on Tuesday when my Droid is "estimated" to arrive. If all goes well, I will be recommending cellulardeals. Droid and some accessories (car charger, car mount, mini usb cable, screen protector, 16 GB card) $62 shipped.
  11. don_813

don_813 New Member

i have a story, wirefly.com allowed us to order 2 droids and 2 env touches through their "connect" plan which somehow only required ONE of the droids to be on a data plan while the other was not. Of course, I already knew a droid required a data plan but i just wanted to see if this would work.
    It didn't work, my first month's bill kinda surprised my parents as it was 30 dollars higher than what they were expecting. We were going to return the phones but after talking to many service reps, we ended up keeping them. Also, they made it a HUGE hassal to return them, its not as simple as walking into a verizon store. Wirefly.com sent us 3 free bluetooth headsets as an apology for their website mistake. However, the mistake still existed on the site for 2 months...lol
    We weren't too mad, because I told my parents to expect this just in case and they were ok with it. Order from amazon if u can...all of the customer service reps are from India, (or at least the 5 or so i talked to were from India) and i THINK wirefly is based in India
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Amazon is absolutely safe and fair.
  13. Abadus

Abadus New Member

i through wirefly for mine. phone came no problem but we changed over from sprint. Getting our number ported was taking forever, wife was talking to a lot os wirefly service reps, instead of calling verizon like I asked her to do, well after a few days of no port I finally convinced her to call verizon. The number was ported in a few minuets. Verizon told my wife they had a lot of trouble with wirefly porting numbers.

So if you have a ported number problem go straight to the source. Call Verizon! That being said wirefly gave my wife a free bluetooth headset.

Sucked for me I paid $100 for my phone. 3 days later it dropped to $50. Wirefly said I could return the phone and get a new one at the reduced cost... but I would have been without a phone for a week or more. not going to happen. I was suprised they would rather put me through all that trouble instead of just discounting me the $50. The price literally changed before I even recieved the phone. (Usually happens on mondays I think.)
  14. BKS

BKS New Member

WOW! Wish I had read this thread BEFORE I paid Verizon $200 for my Droid! :icon_ deal::icon_cussing:
  15. fis

fis New Member

Love Wirefly

I have purchased multiple times from Wirefly. The first time was when we ported our numbers from Sprint, and more recently when we upgraded. Both times shipping was really fast -- and that's with the standard free shipping. I placed my upgrade order on a Friday at like 6pm, and the phones arrived Monday. No problems with number porting or activation. Unless you absolutely need the phone this afternoon, the question is why you would ever buy at the Verizon store.

NOTE: Go to Bing.com, search for "Wirefly" and click on the link at the top of the page. You'll get an extra $50 Bing cashback from Microsoft for every phone you get from Wirefly. You'll be making money on your Droid :)
  16. Serialkilla

Serialkilla New Member

I've used wirefly for just about all my phone purchases over the past 4 years,never a problem with them. I have called customer service with them a few times, and they are outsourced,India would be my assumption as well, but always got the information I needed from them,and always hung up with any issues resolved.
  17. joker402

joker402 New Member

Youll be ok but most these places require you do not make ANY plan changes for 181 days or they WILL hit you with there own ETF, read the fine print.
  18. nooter99

nooter99 New Member

A few weeks back I went to Amazon to check out the $20 deal, but unless I was interpreting something wrong, it seemed the $20 thing was for new activations only. Existing lines that are eligible for an upgrade were like $129 or $149 or something like that. Can you guys verify for me that you're getting the Droid for $20 on an existing account that is eligible for an upgrade.
  19. fis

fis New Member

$19.99 for upgrades at Wirefly.com
  20. droidblood

droidblood New Member

Same here through cellulardeals(wirefly?) Should be here before 7:00 6/01. Now that I know I have a Droid coming, my trusty 3 yr old razr is looking like a "dinosaur". But that "dinosaur" is the reason I ordered the MOto and not the HTC. I've put that thing through hell and back!
Search tags for this page
how safe is wirefly
is wirefly legit

is wirefly safe

is wirefly safe to buy from
is wirefly.com safe
letstalkwirefly
upgrading phone at wirefly
wirefly is it safe
wirefly safe
wirefly safe to buy from
wirefly vs