Cool uses for your Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thehotcops, Nov 20, 2009.

1. thehotcops

thehotcops New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any good stories where your Droid came in extra handy in your day-to-day life?

2. jthorpe

jthorpe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls :)

3. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    My 6 year old daughter and I were at her Dr.s office waiting for her to get her flu shots. I really did not want her touching all the toys in the waiting room and picking up all those germs. So, we went to the apps/games section on the droid and downloaded tic-tac-toe and wac-a-mole and passed the time playing Droid games. I was extremely grateful for my Droid...!

4. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 Hands down the best Checkbook/Transaction register on the market. I love it.

5. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    had to copy my Driver's License for something and my fax wasn't working riht so I used the program scan2pdf and got it done that way. Just had to put license near bottom of shot because of intrusive watermark.

6. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used the camera numerous times when I'm going to buy parts for something. I take a picture of the part I need and refer to it at the store. Keeps me from making multiple trips to buy and return things.

7. jkayner

jkayner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 3 month old daughter who was being fussy while we were out somewhere. I quickly went to amazon music and downloaded a childrens lullaby album and put it next to her with the volume low. It calmed her down, which calmed me and my wife down. Win!

8. synctek

synctek Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was going to Game Stop last Sunday afternoon (Left 4 Dead II) and not sure if they were open....so I used the voice search - Said "game stop". Got the map and and phone number link. I pressed the link and the Droid dialed the number!!!! Better than calling 411!!!!

9. Meto

Meto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that's awesome... :icon_ banana:

10. chrise2004

chrise2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just yesterday i got home and i lost my flashlight a week or so ago....i remembered my flashlight app. used it for me and the dog to get back up stairs. also i use the level app alot to hang stuff.

11. y6y6y6

y6y6y6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I share a Google doc called Shopping list. She adds whatever she wants me to buy and I check it when I leave from work.

12. RichStevenson

RichStevenson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used the Android Light Sabre app to let my wife know I'm even more of a dork than she thought previously.

13. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an 8 month old daughter and I put her to bed around 8. When i got bed around midnight I turn on my "color flashlight" and go in the room and make sure she is sleeping good. I use a dark blue light, so it does not affect her at all, but I get a clear view of my sleeping beauty

14. FarkinDroidUser

FarkinDroidUser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^ i also have done this ^^

15. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Phone, email, text.....

Search tags for this page

android drivers license scanner