1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cool uses for your Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thehotcops, Nov 20, 2009.

1. thehotcops

thehotcops New Member

Anyone have any good stories where your Droid came in extra handy in your day-to-day life?
  2. jthorpe

jthorpe New Member

I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls :)
  3. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

My 6 year old daughter and I were at her Dr.s office waiting for her to get her flu shots. I really did not want her touching all the toys in the waiting room and picking up all those germs. So, we went to the apps/games section on the droid and downloaded tic-tac-toe and wac-a-mole and passed the time playing Droid games. I was extremely grateful for my Droid...!
  4. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

+1 Hands down the best Checkbook/Transaction register on the market. I love it.
  5. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

had to copy my Driver's License for something and my fax wasn't working riht so I used the program scan2pdf and got it done that way. Just had to put license near bottom of shot because of intrusive watermark.
  6. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

I've used the camera numerous times when I'm going to buy parts for something. I take a picture of the part I need and refer to it at the store. Keeps me from making multiple trips to buy and return things.
  7. jkayner

jkayner New Member

I have a 3 month old daughter who was being fussy while we were out somewhere. I quickly went to amazon music and downloaded a childrens lullaby album and put it next to her with the volume low. It calmed her down, which calmed me and my wife down. Win!
  8. synctek

synctek New Member

I was going to Game Stop last Sunday afternoon (Left 4 Dead II) and not sure if they were open....so I used the voice search - Said "game stop". Got the map and and phone number link. I pressed the link and the Droid dialed the number!!!! Better than calling 411!!!!
  9. Meto

Meto Member

Now that's awesome... :icon_ banana:
  10. chrise2004

chrise2004 New Member

just yesterday i got home and i lost my flashlight a week or so ago....i remembered my flashlight app. used it for me and the dog to get back up stairs. also i use the level app alot to hang stuff.
  11. y6y6y6

y6y6y6 New Member

My wife and I share a Google doc called Shopping list. She adds whatever she wants me to buy and I check it when I leave from work.
  12. RichStevenson

RichStevenson New Member

I used the Android Light Sabre app to let my wife know I'm even more of a dork than she thought previously.
  13. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 New Member

I have an 8 month old daughter and I put her to bed around 8. When i got bed around midnight I turn on my "color flashlight" and go in the room and make sure she is sleeping good. I use a dark blue light, so it does not affect her at all, but I get a clear view of my sleeping beauty
  14. FarkinDroidUser

FarkinDroidUser New Member

^^ i also have done this ^^
  15. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Phone, email, text.....
  16. Meto

Meto Member

I used the Homer Simpson soundboard last night when an obnoxious telemarketer called my house...

"JERK ASS"... :icon_ devil:
  17. J.P.

J.P. New Member

I havent tested any of the sound boards, but do they work when someone is calling your cell phone? for instance if someone calls and i open the app, does it go through the phone? or come out of the phones speakers?
  18. pope66682

pope66682 New Member

I have used my phone to download, edit, and set as an alarm tone the PeeWee's big adventure music to wake my ass up for work. Now I wake up happy cause its hilarious. I luv my Droid
  19. BigTex71

BigTex71 New Member

I have a two year old daughter and when she is fussy and being stubborn, I can immediately change her mood and make her laugh by pulling out my Droid and running the FartDroid app. A lifesaver!
  20. zeira

zeira New Member

I made a folder with Google Map shortcuts to various places (home/school/office etc) by public transportation. Then I just click on the place I need to get to and I know what the quickest way to get there is, and when the next bus/subway is coming.
Search tags for this page

android drivers license scanner

cool uses for android

cool uses for droid-x2
cool uses for droids
cool way to use your droid
driver license scanner app
drivers license barcode scanner app