Upgrading to Droid. Is Letstalk/Wirefly or Amazon safe?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
I've used wirefly for just about all my phone purchases over the past 4 years,never a problem with them. I have called customer service with them a few times, and they are outsourced,India would be my assumption as well, but always got the information I needed from them,and always hung up with any issues resolved.

joker402

Reaction score
Youll be ok but most these places require you do not make ANY plan changes for 181 days or they WILL hit you with there own ETF, read the fine print.

nooter99

Reaction score
A few weeks back I went to Amazon to check out the $20 deal, but unless I was interpreting something wrong, it seemed the $20 thing was for new activations only. Existing lines that are eligible for an upgrade were like $129 or $149 or something like that. Can you guys verify for me that you're getting the Droid for $20 on an existing account that is eligible for an upgrade.

fis

Reaction score
A few weeks back I went to Amazon to check out the $20 deal, but unless I was interpreting something wrong, it seemed the $20 thing was for new activations only. Existing lines that are eligible for an upgrade were like $129 or $149 or something like that. Can you guys verify for me that you're getting the Droid for $20 on an existing account that is eligible for an upgrade.
$19.99 for upgrades at Wirefly.com

droidblood

Reaction score
$19.99 for upgrades at Wirefly.com

Same here through cellulardeals(wirefly?) Should be here before 7:00 6/01. Now that I know I have a Droid coming, my trusty 3 yr old razr is looking like a "dinosaur". But that "dinosaur" is the reason I ordered the MOto and not the HTC. I've put that thing through hell and back!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can confirm directly with the Wirefly site. Click on "Renew/Upgrade my Contract".

Same thing with Amazon. Click on whichever option applies to you under "Upgrade My Phone". No need to memorize anything (that's likely to end up as outdated info very quickly anyway).

read the fine print.
As always...

droidblood

Reaction score
The Droid finally arrived! I have to wait 24 hrs from time of package receipt to activate it. Verizon could activate it straight away, but then I would get charged $300 from "cellulardeals". Kinda crazy, but whatever.

It sucks cause I have the Droid right here in my hands and can't do squat until tomorrow. It's stuck at the activation screen...supposedly, when the droid switches over my razr v3 will just quit and then I can use the Droid...

I'm sending back the "universal" car mount and the "cheapo" car charger. The mount doesn't have the magnet that switches to car-mode. I'll probably just get the one that's built for the droid and comes with a charger...So far, so good for cellulardeals (wirefly)

droidblood

Reaction score
The Droid finally arrived! I have to wait 24 hrs from time of package receipt to activate it. Verizon could activate it straight away, but then I would get charged $300 from "cellulardeals". Kinda crazy, but whatever.

It sucks cause I have the Droid right here in my hands and can't do squat until tomorrow. It's stuck at the activation screen...supposedly, when the droid switches over my razr v3 will just quit and then I can use the Droid...

I'm sending back the "universal" car mount and the "cheapo" car charger. The mount doesn't have the magnet that switches to car-mode. I'll probably just get the one that's built for the droid and comes with a charger...So far, so good for cellulardeals (wirefly)

Activated Droid today with no trouble. dancedroid cellulardeals gets my vote!