Comparison: DROID Vs. DROID 2 Vs. DROID X Vs. Incredible

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like Verizon is trying to sell a rooted Droid 1 as a new phone!

The 1GHZ OMAP processor will easily outperform the Droid's OMAP overclocked to 1GHZ. The hertz aren't the only contributor to performance.

It looks like a great update overall--not enough to warrant an early upgrade from me, though. Hell, I'm not even a year into my contract!

Same here, but it gives me a year to get excited about whatever might be available then!

frozty

Reaction score
any one have details on the processors on droid X, and 2 compared to droid 1. As far as we know it could be a slightly different processor overclocked.

fishstick600

Reaction score
ive read from multiple webistes that the Droid 2 will only have a 750 mhz processor not a 1ghz... so i guess that can be added to the list of incorrect information

its.mike

Reaction score
ive read from multiple webistes that the Droid 2 will only have a 750 mhz processor not a 1ghz... so i guess that can be added to the list of incorrect information
Since it's only speculation at this point its hard to say its incorrect or not.

fishstick600

Reaction score
Well all im saying is his" chart" he posted to show the differences is incorrect. I have a driod x in my hands that has 512 mb of ram not 256. So how am i to believe any other specs on it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

solution

Reaction score
Ok so I see that some information on the chart is incorrect but I'm wondering if the resolution for the DX is actual. I went to my local shop and looked at one and I noticed right away the icons were freaking huge. One would hope with a bigger screen one would be able to fit more icons/widgets on the screen. :icon_eek:

Big Lou

Reaction score
Ok so I see that some information on the chart is incorrect but I'm wondering if the resolution for the DX is actual. I went to my local shop and looked at one and I noticed right away the icons were freaking huge. One would hope with a bigger screen one would be able to fit more icons/widgets on the screen. :icon_eek:

No Android phone will ever have more than a 4x4 grid for icons/widgets--at least, not stock. There are a variety of homescreen apps that allow for up to 8x8 (haven't seen more than that), but then you get into problems with widgets displaying properly. The DX may have a larger screen, but its resolution is the same as the original Droid.

ethaxton

Reaction score
I am not completely up to date, but I thought the Droid 2 was going to have an 8MP camera.

Terrordactyl

Reaction score
To me it appears as if The D2 is a downgrade from the DX... The DX has 3 more megapixels and a bigger screen. If the D2 cant match the 1 ghtz processor of the DX then whats the point of releasing a newer phone that cant even beat its brother? I am eligible for an upgrade and im leaning towards the DX as of now, but my D1 has been completely loyal to me and i have grown accustomed to the physical keyboard. So the D2 is still an option if it can make a fighting comeback. (Note: D2 is confirmed to have froyo, and DX doesnt have the date planned) so its 3-1, DX winning

Jejackson

Reaction score
Imagine what the Droid line up will be once the 2 year contract is up for the original Droid... Wait it out it'll be worth it!