Droid X vs. Incredible comparison review

soba1

Reaction score
Does the Droid X come with a shoulder strap??? LOL, that thing is huge!!!!

HEY!!!!!! COME ON NOW! Its a manly phone, more like gun holster style.
Cowboy gunslinger style holster......:bling:

lDemon

Reaction score
ok im not being rude here but they said "THE MOTOROLA DROID X DOES NOT HAVE ANY TYPE OF BLUR". So please everyone just stop saying its a new Blur or anything of the such.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
ok im not being rude here but they said "THE MOTOROLA DROID X DOES NOT HAVE ANY TYPE OF BLUR". So please everyone just stop saying its a new Blur or anything of the such.

where did you read that? everything i've read indicates it will come with blur (maybe ninja blur)?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

where did you read that? everything i've read indicates it will come with blur (maybe ninja blur)?

Motorola confirmed that it is not MotoBlur or NinjaBlur. They took a few elements of MotoBlur and added them to Android 2.1, but it is something new that they have never used before and have yet to give an official name.

mcsinfl

Reaction score

Motorola confirmed that it is not MotoBlur or NinjaBlur. They took a few elements of MotoBlur and added them to Android 2.1, but it is something new that they have never used before and have yet to give an official name.

but it's still not vanilla android correct? and I still wonder how integrated it is and how it will impact future releases from google

littlerick

Reaction score
i thought the system dump had blur files in so wouldnt that mean it has some sort of blur?

lDemon

Reaction score
Motorola Droid X review -- Engadget read under software....and theres actually a video out there where someone was doing a live demo with one of the motorola reps, and they specifically stated very very sternly that it is NOT A BLUR...i cant find the video at the moment but once i do. I will post it.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right, it is not vanilla 2.1. Supposedly this new "skin" will not slow down updates and is one of the reasons they are using it instead of Blur. It really isn't a skin though, just mostly new apps and widgets along with better integration of your social apps such as Facebook and Twitter.

lDemon

Reaction score
YES and i cannot wait....im getting mine for FREEE!!!! hahaha :-D

BzB

Reaction score
The droid x ui is based on blur and has blur files in the system dump. Moto isn't calling it blur because of the negative stigma associated with the pure blur interface, can't blame them really cause blur is the worst ui skin out there for android. Just because the droid x ui is blur based is no reason to get sensitive though. It can be laggy at times but a lot of people are saying they'll switch out for launcher pro to make the ui better/faster.

And yes the droid x is huge, but you also get the benefit of a huge screen. Just hope you guys get used to carrying a license plate form factor in your pocket. :p lol