Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

If you are struggling to decide which Droid family member to buy with your early upgrade, then we have the chart for you. The table above compares the Droid 2, Droid 1, Droid X and Droid Incredible in the simplest of formats and should help you make a decision.

A couple of things to point out though:

• The D1 column is highlighted, meaning the Droid 2 is around the corner and VZW employees are being trained into pushing customers toward other devices.
  • The asterisk next to the D1, DX and DI simply mean that they are scheduled to receive Froyo. We just don’t know exactly when.
  • Doesn’t the DI have 748MB of ROM, not 512MB?
  • And yes, the LG Ally is included, we just don’t care.
Pretty impressive lineup of phones though wouldn’t you say?

Via: [email protected]

Last edited:

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
DX Ram

I too thought the droid x had 512Mb of ram, but since when does Verizon get anything correct.

Jmart922

Reaction score
And I know its a small detail, but they forgot to mention the droid also has a virtual qwerty keyboard, and yes the X has 512, geez get this dumb chart right

Reaction score
they also got the resolution on the droid 2 wrong, its 480x854 not 854x480 you would think verizon could at least get a chart right.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
Looks like Verizon is trying to sell a rooted Droid 1 as a new phone!

Big Lou

Reaction score

The 1GHZ OMAP processor will easily outperform the Droid's OMAP overclocked to 1GHZ. The hertz aren't the only contributor to performance.

It looks like a great update overall--not enough to warrant an early upgrade from me, though. Hell, I'm not even a year into my contract!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Hmm, well I feel good because after the 2.2 update, my incredible will be fairly evenly matched with the droid 2.

dragozoid

Reaction score

The 1GHZ OMAP processor will easily outperform the Droid's OMAP overclocked to 1GHZ. The hertz aren't the only contributor to performance.

It looks like a great update overall--not enough to warrant an early upgrade from me, though. Hell, I'm not even a year into my contract!

If you call CS they could probably hook you up. They helped me get my DX for $300 without contract on launch day and I've only been with Verizon for six months.

Reaction score
Damn they're doing it again! A few months ago who could decide on which phone to get? Now it's not any better. Holy Cow sometimes I wish I could have 2 or 3 of them.

I'm still new to the Droid line and I'm still very happy with my Droid 1. From what I've read 2.2 adds just enough to my Droid 1 so I'll be good for at least a year so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

In a year though, how will I be able to pick between them all then?

I also wonder if I'll be able to get a cheap Droid 1 to keep as a replacement when I break my baby. (20ft falls to concrete floors kill just about any phones.)