Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Comparison Chart: Motorola XOOM vs. iPad

The price of the Motorola XOOM has been quite the topic of discussion over the last couple of days. Here is a comparison chart of the XOOM ($699) to the 32GB 3G iPad ($729). Yes, we actually compared it to the version of the iPad that matches up closest rather than to the $499 Wi-Fi-only model that so many keep referring to. This battle isn’t even close. Chart after the break.

By Kellex

Source Droid-Life

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Weather and altitude? Some kind of new app that could use it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

joker402

Reaction score
Google says it can help in using GPS. 10.1 screen seems kinda high, I guess I have to see it in person and play with it, but Im still hopeing to get one.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Specs look very promising, I do like the $700 vs $800 price better (still hoping for it to come down more, I wouldn't even mind a subsidized contract.)

But I never realized the iPad only came with 256mb of ram! My Droid swings that....

R

RETG

Give me a wi-fi model only, some good Topographical mapping software that does not require 3G, 4G or wi-fi, and a software package that would accept my roof mounted GPS antenna, and I would get one in a second and pull out the 16" Toshiba laptop wired inside my Hummer.dancedroid

The X!

Reaction score
Hahahaha!

I bet all those who stated that they aren't getting it, are now DROOLING! The iPad is a disgrace compared to the XOOM! Remember...APPLE is greedy and releases 1-3 features per device (just to make money on upgrades)...while MOTO doesn't hold back at all!!!

APPLE should get slapped for not putting at least 1 camera on the first iPad!!! How dare they!?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Come on the ipad or any apple product is always the best ....I find it funny how behind the ipad is......no camera and no expansion, no usb ..only a fool would buy one.

brianes99

Reaction score
I bet all those who stated that they aren't getting it, are now DROOLING! The iPad is a disgrace compared to the XOOM! Remember...APPLE is greedy and releases 1-3 features per device (just to make money on upgrades)...while MOTO doesn't hold back at all!!!

APPLE should get slapped for not putting at least 1 camera on the first iPad!!! How dare they!?

I agree! no camera no flash no sd card...why bother. The specs on the Zoom are incredibly impressive

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I think that a lot of the people (not all) who buy ipods, iphones and ipads do so because it makes them look more important to their friends. Not much different than the 16 year old kid at the mall telling his mother, "I wouldn't be caught dead in Lee jeans.", as he insists on getting the $60 jeans. They are good products, but highly overpriced. No easily replaceable battery on a phone is just stupid.

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
I think that a lot of the people (not all) who buy ipods, iphones and ipads do so because it makes them look more important to their friends. Not much different than the 16 year old kid at the mall telling his mother, "I wouldn't be caught dead in Lee jeans.", as he insists on getting the $60 jeans. They are good products, but highly overpriced. No easily replaceable battery on a phone is just stupid.

It's to stay cool and for some reason they make themselves feel relevant. I'm sure half of them don't even know Mac Pros exist lol. Apple is the new A&F/Hollister, you have to have them to be noticed and liked by anyone now-a-days. Also, since usually Apple runs with the "hipster" community... just **** them.

But seriously, the specs on this thing are insane. Curious, is this the cheapest version of the XOOM though?

soops

Reaction score
Remember the ipad's been out for a long time. I think this should be compare to upcoming ipad 2, though I will not patronize apple.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ I agree.

And Apple may have made it a lil harder for those who do try to replace it:

Apple tightens the screws on iPhone 4 | Reuters

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember the ipad's been out for a long time. I think this should be compare to upcoming ipad 2, though I will not patronize apple.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You are correct sir! Comparing the Ipad to the Xoom is worng.. compare the Xoom to the Ipad 2 makes mroe sense...

Now I have an IPad and a GTab...now I am eyeing the Xoom.....

First the Ipad is a exrtremely nice device for a first gen tablet of sorts and that will only get better. the Gtab is perfect for every day use for me. Now here comes the Xoom.... Will I get one yes I will. Will I think it's better than the Ipad ....mprobably.. Will it be better than the IPAD2? We'll have to wait and see what Apple delievers to the market. The way I see it is we wouldnt have one without the other. So bring em all on

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Now, I prefer Android to iOS, but I don't think owning an apple product is JUST about status. For instance, Macs are great for artsy people. And iPhones and iPads have NO lag. Despite the slow processor or memory or whatever, they are COMPLETELY SMOOTH to the touch. I think Android really needs to learn how to do this because I haven't seen a single android powered device without lag. The Galaxy S Tab has lag, and the fact that they've only been showing demo videos on these xoom tablets only makes me worry more.