Motorola Xoom Still Better then The iPad 2 in Comparison!!!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Preach2k, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Chart: iPad 2 vs. Motorola XOOM vs. LG G-Slate vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

[​IMG]

The Apple enthusiasts came in waves and the cries for “Just wait for the iPad2!” rang out through the night. Well peeps, here is your comparison to the newly announced iPad 2…nothing groundbreaking at all here.

Thoughts?
    by Kellex

Source:
    Droid-Life
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Let the debate begin!
  3. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Few people care about specs, though. The ipad is unfortunately a different animal, specs notwithstanding. It'll outsell all those devices, probably combined.
  4. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Specs mean nothing without actual real world use.
  5. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

This is like Droid 1 vs iPhone. It beat it in specs but more than that it ushered in an age when the Android Army began to dominate
  6. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

The specs of the ipad don't matter. If it has an Apple insignia on it, those who need to impress their friends will buy it. Yes, Apple products are good products, but many (perhaps most) of those buying them are doing so because Apple shows that you are with the "in" crowd. Buying a better product from another manufacturer will not accomplish that. While we will not know for a while if the ipad 2 or the XOOM is a better product in real life, I would easily buy the XOOM over the ipad 2, assuming that I could actually afford either one. :( I have played with the XOOM at the local Verizon store and I think it is a winner.
  7. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

I think price is the biggest motivator, at least for me it will be. I've already got the xoom but it maybe going back....Xoom does have a leg up on Specs. I've got another week till I can return the Xoom so I will see based on future predictions of the Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
  8. Orionalias

Orionalias New Member

i thought the ipad 2 has an hdmi port? or is it only their proprietary poprt-to-hdmi?
  9. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

Waiting for the apple fanboys to come join the party....:icon_ banana:
  10. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Have you played with the iPad1, how does the Xoom compare with it's overall smoothness to the iOS? I have always been super impressed with how smooth the iOS is, one area, so far anyway, I think Apple has a big leg up. But I have yet to play with a Xoom so that could all change.
  11. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Oh to compete with the Android fanboys? How is it any better to be an Android fanboy than an Apple fanboy exactly?

Anyone that truly appreciates tech will look at devices and operating systems from all angles and give credit where credit is due. Others will start hurling insults about buying something to impress friends and other nonsense. ;)
  12. DroidMastar2

DroidMastar2 New Member

Spoken like a true Apple hater. I own an IPad because it's a nice piece of hardware. Despite what anyone says... It does what you want it to do, it does what it's meant to do... and despite not having flash I enjoy it very much (don't really frequent that many flash sites anyway). The apps are awesome because I have so many apps on there and I love the ability to just hand the device over to my 2 y/o son for him to use. I am not an apple enthusiast, I'm a tech Geek.
    It doesn't matter how good specwise a product is if those boosted specs don't make the product that much better, they are not going to convert that many more people. There are no specs on the Xoom that make it "groundbreakingly" better than the IPAD 2. Quite honestly... I want to buy a xoom but i don't want the 3g/4g model.
  13. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Specs are pretty comparable, and at those prices the extra $70 isn't a huge deal, either, or maybe it will be ($70 is, after all, still $70). LTE could matter, but I have no idea how many people will be getting data plans with these - on top of a smartphone it's getting obscene.

Tablets aren't for me, at least not yet. I'm just going to wait until smartphones get truly beastly and I can just plug my phone into a laptop or tablet shell.
  14. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I think Xoom is probably the better of the two on paper. If I were in the maket for a tablet now I would get the iPad because of the price difference. That's the one little intangible thing wasn't included in that spec sheet. Well if it was there I didn't see it, it was hard to read the darn thing.
  15. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

put specs aside, put mfg. aside... price is going to be a big differentiator here... the Xoom needs to drop to truly compete.
  16. OneTenderRebel

I agree, I love the concept of the Tablet but I can't justify spending the money on one when I get more functionality out of my laptop which is only slightly less portable. With the Atrix and it's docking shindig I have very high hopes for the future.
  17. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

These last two responses are exactly what is wrong with Apple. They cannot admit deficiencies.
  18. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC

Yet some people will pay up to $600 for a phone with out a contract!!!! I am having an hard time trying to figure this one out!!!
  19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well they might not be right for you guys but for the rest of the public they are the thing to have.

Can you bowl on your lap top by sweeping across the screen? Can you pick out a story out of ABC's evening news from a globe of news stories. Can you control what songs are being played into your sound system from your Computer with an app?

I have nothing against lap tops but really comparing them to tablets isn't what a tablets about. It's totally different. I wish I could loan you my iPad for a day you'd see what I was talking about.
  20. OneTenderRebel

Oh I agree Hook, they are awesome. But having a laptop for me is enough. Again that is just for me personally. I have played with an iPad many times, have a few friends and family members with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.