Comparison: DROID Vs. DROID 2 Vs. DROID X Vs. Incredible

solution

Reaction score
To me it appears as if The D2 is a downgrade from the DX... The DX has 3 more megapixels and a bigger screen. If the D2 cant match the 1 ghtz processor of the DX then whats the point of releasing a newer phone that cant even beat its brother? I am eligible for an upgrade and im leaning towards the DX as of now, but my D1 has been completely loyal to me and i have grown accustomed to the physical keyboard. So the D2 is still an option if it can make a fighting comeback. (Note: D2 is confirmed to have froyo, and DX doesnt have the date planned) so its 3-1, DX winning

Yeah its a bigger screen but it runs @ the same resolution as the d1 and d2. I thought it was a misprint so I went and checked out the screen and the images do seem a bit grainy. I'm still confused over this. I curious as to the actual native resolution of the screen is.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Terrordactyl

Reaction score
Well my special upgrade only lasts this month and I have only gone 8 months into my 2 yr. So I want a 1 ghtz processor while I still can. I'm just mad that the Droid 2 doesn't have as many features as the DX

Big Lou

Reaction score
Well my special upgrade only lasts this month and I have only gone 8 months into my 2 yr. So I want a 1 ghtz processor while I still can. I'm just mad that the Droid 2 doesn't have as many features as the DX

Overclock your Droid to 1ghz and then wait for EVEN BETTER phones in another 16 months. Seriously, the phones out now aren't THAT much better than the original Droid. However, 16 months from now, ****'s going to get crazy.

Terrordactyl

Reaction score
Ahh, the worst part is that I know Big Lou is right, but I never will risk bricking my phone. I want the DX because I don't think motorola will upgrade the moto droid to Gingerbread. Any news on the processor for the droid pro? How about that 2 ghtz phone that's sposed to be out by the end of the year?

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Ahh, the worst part is that I know Big Lou is right, but I never will risk bricking my phone. I want the DX because I don't think motorola will upgrade the moto droid to Gingerbread. Any news on the processor for the droid pro? How about that 2 ghtz phone that's sposed to be out by the end of the year?

That's what has me on the fence. Got the Droid on day one so I'll be eligible for Early Upgrade Program 11/6/10. I could probably finagle an early upgrade now to the DX but I'm trying to use the crystal ball as to what will be out come November/December ie the 2ghz superphone with higher-res, etc.

sjsharks84

Reaction score
I wonder what the cost will be. I really want the hotspot ability!

You can Root your original Droid (or any Android phone for that matter) and get mobile hotspot for free.

Obviously, you're not a golfer. Unless they've cracked the bootloader nutshell, my assumption is that we will not be able to root the Droid 2 (just like the X). Yes, you can load Launcher Pro with 2.2...that would get rid of the Motoblur BS,but you wouldn't be able to overclock without rooting.

If indeed the Droid 2 only has the OMAP 750, then really the only true upgrades would be the internal memory (512) + better keyboard....is that worth the price of not running a vanilla OS like the D1? Your call.

I'd be curious to see the performance of D1 overclock running 2.2 vs. D2 2.2 hampered by Motorola.

Terrordactyl

Reaction score
Reports read that it will share the same processor as the DX. So the DX is still looking better than the. D2 agreed?

dragozoid

Reaction score
Reports read that it will share the same processor as the DX. So the DX is still looking better than the. D2 agreed?

Even if I didn't have my D1, I would still pick the X over the D2. I prefer a full touchscreen to a slider and the larger screen makes the phone more enjoyable for day to day use.

Terrordactyl

Reaction score
You would think that since the D2 is newer that it would be better than it's predecessor And have some new spec that would set it aside. The only thing going for it is the physical keyboard

fishstick600

Reaction score

Reports appear to be split down the middle. Some saying a 1ghz and others a 750mhz so no one will know till verizon releases the into

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Guys, I just did quadrant and I got 351. Good, bad? Stock 2.1 Droid

What can I say but yeah, that's what a stock Droid should do I think. Is your result right there with where it says Moto Droid?

For comparison, my Droid, running Bugless Beast ROM and a 1.1ghz kernel, gets a 1303 right now.

Terrordactyl

Reaction score
Yeah its up there next to the droid, I was just confused because I thought the droid was sposed to be around 500 mghtz. You see, I want to get froyo first then decide if I need to root! I think you can't have root if you want the new ota right?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It really is weird how some of the specs just seem to be all over the place, like no rhyme or reason on the releases. You would think there would be a normal progression, steadily adding more, but they seem to be jumping all over the place. Of course, Verizon is getting notorious for releasing things with specs completely different than what people expect. ;)

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Yeah its up there next to the droid, I was just confused because I thought the droid was sposed to be around 500 mghtz. You see, I want to get froyo first then decide if I need to root! I think you can't have root if you want the new ota right?

I think it's safe to say that Quadrant is not giving you a score in mghz. It's an index that takes into account cpu speed and graphic speed, etc. It tries to index the entire device, not just the processor for comparison with other devices.