[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

holmsc83

Reaction score
Please please pleeease look into auto toggle for data when the screen is off... I have read a bit about it and saw it was complicated to switch radios seamlessly but I think it would definately help with battery life. Maybe also think about a super save mode where data is toggled off completely while the screen is off but every half hour or so it turns on for a minute to update notifications, emails, and other data features. please! :hail:

Try the free version of Juice Defender.

On my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, I was only seeing 5-6 hours of battery life most days, but after I installed and enabled Juice Defender, my battery life went up to around 15-20 hours. Juice Defender works by turning off your data when the screen is off, and it periodically enables it to check for new notifications. If you're in a strong signal area, the data reconnects within 3-5 seconds of turning the screen on, it's hardly noticeable at all. However, if you're in a weak coverage area like I was the other day, it can take more like 10-15 seconds for your data to turn on when you turn the screen on. Anyway, it's completely automated and even the free version works great.

Of course, if you use your phone "heavily" (constant use) you can still kill the battery in 6 hours, the screen is a battery hog. However with "normal" use (some web browsing, Facebook/Twitter, reading RSS feeds, text conversations, email) I can definitely achieve 15 hours of moderate use.

mitra88

Reaction score
Can we put the build number into the MOD Version display? Sometimes, I forget what build I have in my GN since it's daily. It would be nice if I could see what build I have caught up so far.DancingNexus

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yep that's happening in the next build.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Changes in this build:

• File Manager should work like a ICS app now.
  • A few of the gerrit picks were updated and merged.
  • You can tell what version you are on in settings.

ntxct

Reaction score
Hey Winner! Thanks for the builds. I was rocking your nightlies for the OG up until about a month ago and switch to the GNex as soon as it came out. Anyways, after looking at the community, I'm very impressed with what you've got so far, and will be flashing and testing these builds daily. Just flashed last nights an hour ago and based off this:
Changes in this build:

Those are all working changes on my gnex. I've noticed auto brightness still doesn't work properly, but idk if you addressed that with this build, on my phone it sticks to max, then after display sleep and unlock the auto stays near on the low end. nbd, haven't found anything else yet, will post with anything new from me.

mitra88

Reaction score
Changes in this build:

Thanks, Winner. Flashed the 1229 build and have been using it today.

Unlike other builds, I suffered Gapps not being fully restored after the flash. Especially, the Market was not running well. So, I ended up flashing Gapps file (at first, I just flashed your rom with wipe cashe & wipe dalvik). Now, it seems working fine. It is nice to see the build number in the Settings. It would have been nicer if the build number would have been in the YYYYMMDD format, not MMDDYYYY format. It would be easier to sort the rom files in the folder. Well, it's just my personal opinion.

I look forward to seeing the next build soon!!!

drumst1x

Reaction score
Hey winner.

I was on your OG droid cm7 rooms for a long time. Very happy to continue to follow your progress on our new phone :).

I tried flashing the second-most recent from (12-24 maybe? Prior to 12-29), and I too had problems with GApps. I didn't see the link in the first post when I downloaded it (is that a new addition to the post, or did I just miss that?), but I found a copy elsewhere. I couldn't get market working. I could enter the app, search for an app, but when I clicked on an app to go I to the details screen, the app force closed on me.

Will try again with the 12-29 build and the GApps link from the first post. Does this functionality work for you?

Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to cm9 progress, as well as awesome builds (with tweaks and tools) by you.

Btw, anyone know if Prime has this phone? Is he planning on making a kernel? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

AndroidBoi

Reaction score
I also just flashed this ROM 12-29 Build last night and I have to say its my favorite one so far that I've used on my GN. RootzBoat v4 then Bugless Beast and now CyanogenMOD 9. Thanks Winner and looking forward to more tweaks and updates as well :)

Sent by way of my Sexy Galaxy Nexy.

ntxct

Reaction score
Havent had any GAPPs related errors, 12 hours deep, have not noticed any unfavorable results, facebook/g+ sync working, trebuchet launcher options functional, notification shortcuts all working, camera also working. These are at least the things I can say for sure work on my GNex CDMA. Using Kejars gapps from 12-27. Performed a full wipe before install of both rom and gapps. Currently at 35% batt life - usage 15h 2m.etc. Not a heavy usage day, trying to be typical, plan to perform a long gta3 gameplay in the morning (gotta love the power the gnex has) will run more apps and experiment more up until next build.... still very, very happy! (donation after next paycheck)

EDIT: Personally, it doesn't matter where the date sits. In fact, to me, if it sits in the front, it will be pointless in 2 days as it will only be 2012. I'd rather organize it by month, given that in 12 months, if Im confused by the date... I'm too old to be flashing, but in the same argument, if you change it around, it matter not to me

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
Sorry if the screenshot is pixelated... (13 hrs 20min, 22% battery)

For those wondering which ROM to get...THIS IS IT!!!! I had average use all day except for a 2 hour period where I was playing games and streaming Gmusic over LTE. I made it easily 9 hours yesterday with over 30% battery left. Before custom ROMs, I was searching for a wall plug after 7 hours. I've tried droid theory, gummy, and some other well known ROMs, but have been most satisfied with this.

I have 2 asks for future versions (or if someone knows a MOD link to help)...
1) Persistent Search button to configure long (voice) and short press (Gsearch)
2) Adjust Trebuchet to take advantage of the "5th row" when the search bar is disabled

Screenshot_2011-12-30-23-21-47.png

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

XanRules

Reaction score
A way to show only contacts with phone numbers would be pretty kick ass...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

drumst1x

Reaction score
I just flashed the latest (12/31/2011) and doesn't seem like LTE is working for me ..... got 3g happening well, but 4g isn't coming up? Anyone else with this?