[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by winner00, Dec 19, 2011.

1. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Ok I think I will leave in the full language package then.

2. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Changes in this build:

• Hide Adb Notification Gerrit Link Gerrit Link
    • Battery Percentage. Number inside battery. Tell me if you like it or not because I can change it to the other way. Credit to WJD Designs.

3. PresPPsP

PresPPsP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the other battery status indicator as it's easier to read the battery %. When I look there, I'm more interested in a numerical value than a graphic. The way it was was perfect for me. I also haven't had 4g since flashing the latest build. Since there are reported issues with the VZW network again, I'm going to guess it's that. I finally have 3g back. Oddly, my wife's Thunderbolt has healthy 4g. Must be a sim-activation thing, like perhaps turning the phone off and then back on results in not being associated and fails to reinitiated LTE connection. I'm not sure. Is there a log file I can browse for network connection attempts?

-Josh

EDIT: I am on the latest leaked radios (for 4.0.3) and had the issue with the kernel included with your ROM. I just flashed Franco's nightly6 kernel and still no 4g. Again, I think it's Verizon's issue, but it's more information.

4. holmsc83

holmsc83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try the free version of Juice Defender.

On my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, I was only seeing 5-6 hours of battery life most days, but after I installed and enabled Juice Defender, my battery life went up to around 15-20 hours. Juice Defender works by turning off your data when the screen is off, and it periodically enables it to check for new notifications. If you're in a strong signal area, the data reconnects within 3-5 seconds of turning the screen on, it's hardly noticeable at all. However, if you're in a weak coverage area like I was the other day, it can take more like 10-15 seconds for your data to turn on when you turn the screen on. Anyway, it's completely automated and even the free version works great.

Of course, if you use your phone "heavily" (constant use) you can still kill the battery in 6 hours, the screen is a battery hog. However with "normal" use (some web browsing, Facebook/Twitter, reading RSS feeds, text conversations, email) I can definitely achieve 15 hours of moderate use.

5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.amana.android.cputuner <-- CPU Tuner is another one that can turn off data with "profiles". Not sure if it works with the Nexus as I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I had it setup on my OG Droid though.

E2A: Really glad to see you make the transition to the Galaxy Nexus. I enjoyed your CM7 builds for the OG Droid. DancingNexus

6. mitra88

mitra88 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can we put the build number into the MOD Version display? Sometimes, I forget what build I have in my GN since it's daily. It would be nice if I could see what build I have caught up so far.DancingNexus

7. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Yep that's happening in the next build.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

8. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Changes in this build:

• File Manager should work like a ICS app now.
    • A few of the gerrit picks were updated and merged.
    • You can tell what version you are on in settings.

9. ntxct

ntxct New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Winner! Thanks for the builds. I was rocking your nightlies for the OG up until about a month ago and switch to the GNex as soon as it came out. Anyways, after looking at the community, I'm very impressed with what you've got so far, and will be flashing and testing these builds daily. Just flashed last nights an hour ago and based off this:
    Those are all working changes on my gnex. I've noticed auto brightness still doesn't work properly, but idk if you addressed that with this build, on my phone it sticks to max, then after display sleep and unlock the auto stays near on the low end. nbd, haven't found anything else yet, will post with anything new from me.

10. mitra88

mitra88 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Winner. Flashed the 1229 build and have been using it today.

Unlike other builds, I suffered Gapps not being fully restored after the flash. Especially, the Market was not running well. So, I ended up flashing Gapps file (at first, I just flashed your rom with wipe cashe & wipe dalvik). Now, it seems working fine. It is nice to see the build number in the Settings. It would have been nicer if the build number would have been in the YYYYMMDD format, not MMDDYYYY format. It would be easier to sort the rom files in the folder. Well, it's just my personal opinion.

I look forward to seeing the next build soon!!!

11. drumst1x

drumst1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey winner.

I was on your OG droid cm7 rooms for a long time. Very happy to continue to follow your progress on our new phone :).

I tried flashing the second-most recent from (12-24 maybe? Prior to 12-29), and I too had problems with GApps. I didn't see the link in the first post when I downloaded it (is that a new addition to the post, or did I just miss that?), but I found a copy elsewhere. I couldn't get market working. I could enter the app, search for an app, but when I clicked on an app to go I to the details screen, the app force closed on me.

Will try again with the 12-29 build and the GApps link from the first post. Does this functionality work for you?

Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to cm9 progress, as well as awesome builds (with tweaks and tools) by you.

Btw, anyone know if Prime has this phone? Is he planning on making a kernel? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

12. AndroidBoi

AndroidBoi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also just flashed this ROM 12-29 Build last night and I have to say its my favorite one so far that I've used on my GN. RootzBoat v4 then Bugless Beast and now CyanogenMOD 9. Thanks Winner and looking forward to more tweaks and updates as well :)

Sent by way of my Sexy Galaxy Nexy.

Search tags for this page
cm 9 download

cm9 download

cm9 droid x download
cm9 for droid x download
cm9 for thunderbolt
cm9 thunderbolt
download cm9
droid x cm9 download
droid x cm9 rom download
htc thunderbolt cm9