Cat spilled water on my droid... debating what to do

NickWgnr

Reaction score
If it still works hang onto it until something that causes to not work happens (hopefully it wont). The one you have now is probably better than a refurb.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

imiller913

Reaction score
If it still works keep the money until you need to spend it. LOL and don't kill the cat everyone makes mistakes.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Throw the cat out the window first, then figure out what to do with the droid.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Beat cat with Droid, takes care of cat, and provides damage for a turn in. At least, unless asurion sprays said Droid with luminol... ;)

OP
P8ntballer789

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
Okay - I'm only seeing one "red" thingamjig". It appears to have a sort of white cross emblem in it, with a red background. Under the battery cover, but not under the battery. It's in the corner closest to the camera eye. Is this what we are speaking of? And you mention it in the plural sense. Where are the others? I see only this one on my Motorola Droid.

Lost my other Reds in Jersey - Cuskit
Take the battery door off your droid, on the top left next to the little recycle bin logo, theres a circle with a WHITE piece of paper with little red x's. When water touches that it becomes a solid bright RED indicating it got wet. If you also look on your battery theres another indicator.

I like all the posts on what to do with my stupid cat lol. For now i think im going to keep my droid as it is as of it works like nothing ever happened to it. What i did was i took it apart instantly, dried what i could with tissues and used a mini shop vac to suck out water and believe it or not it worked really well. After that i set it infront of the woodstove for 3 hours and worked like a charm. My droid was about 4 feet from the fire so it didnt get hot but my woodstove room is dry like a desert so worked great :)

cb2000a

Reaction score
Cats are evil...well some are anyways...glad to here it still works and if it does it should continue to for a long time. Oh BTW did your cat become an "outdoor cat"?

nitsuj

Reaction score
OP
P8ntballer789

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
haha if we didnt have like 4 inches of snow it wouldeve became an outdoor cat but somehow i managed to have some heart and let the cat stay in my house. Shes deprived from sleeping on my bed though stupid cat.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid was specifically designed by Motorola to be steel and heavy to beat cats to death if needed.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I think soaking the cat in water (an eye for an eye) would be proper punishment (cat's hate water right?), or perhaps designating it as a permanent rag towel to wipe wet stuff lol...For those also stuck in this predicament, can I recommend heading over to this thread about properly drying your droid/electronic after suffering a submersion:
How to Deal with a Droid thats Gotten Wet–THE RIGHT WAY

omnibus

Reaction score
The comments about stupid cat are funny but in truth she did nothing wrong. People want to kill lions who attack their lunch-to-be with the same illogic.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Tried that with my wife's Gleam, & unless you read my post about me giving up my new every two to get her a Rogue for Christmas, you know how THAT turned out ;).

The Droid was specifically designed by Motorola to be steel and heavy to beat cats to death if needed.

Beat cat within 2inches of his 7th life.... you ever seen how well behaved cats are with just 2 lives left ?
:rofl3:

I have a cat that is as clumsy as a cow, knocks things over all the time, but dammit, I love him.