Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

BGKris

Reaction score

BGKris

Reaction score
Htc pedia has the case. It's nothing we can't do with a 3 dollar case.

http://htcpedia.com/news/cases-for-htc-thunderbolt-extended-battery.html
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's pretty lame any one with half a brain could cut the regular silicone case to fit the extended battery.

I was hoping for one that covered the extended battery hump as well.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Sad thing is people will probably buy it anyways because they are too scared to use scissors lol

aliasneo07

Reaction score
Htc pedia has the case. It's nothing we can't do with a 3 dollar case.

Finally Cases that fit HTC ThunderBolt with Extended Battery

Ouch, $25 for silicone! I'm holding out for the Seidio active x case for 30.

Sent from the hand of zeus!

Yep. Looks like Seidio for me as well.

Yep, Seidio for me too. I just hope they COVER the battery instead of cutting around it. I've had my extended battery for a week now but I'm not going to pop it in till I have a case to go with it. I hope its not another month to wait.

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
I see a number of potential problems with this 25 dollar piece of silicone.
If you will notice... All the covers have an irregular cut out around the camera, I assume because there is a proximity sensor or something? This covers lacks that. Secondly, and along the same lines, all vzw cases i've seen have a 3/16 hole centered below the kickstand, this is also missing here. On the cover of have (two piece) the silicone portion actually becomes integral with the power / sleep button. This has just a cutout, I don't like it. Also as has been stated it'd does nothing that my already modified one doesn't do better.

dn0773

Reaction score
Did the same thing with a cheap silicone one I got from the mall, cut it out and looks the same, they really need to hurry up production for us on these extended battery cases....I've bought a few good quality hard cases and tried cutting them with a dremel saw and the pressure bent the clips that connect the top to the bottom which made the case useless after I cut it...

BongMan420

Reaction score
I have that same blue and black cover. i also have a sweet dremel. Now I know what Im doing when i get my battery. Well Done

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Did the same thing with a cheap silicone one I got from the mall, cut it out and looks the same, they really need to hurry up production for us on these extended battery cases....I've bought a few good quality hard cases and tried cutting them with a dremel saw and the pressure bent the clips that connect the top to the bottom which made the case useless after I cut it...

You shouldnt need to press hard at all with the dremel. It should cut through the case like a hot knife through butter.

BongMan420

Reaction score
What type of dremmel and dremmel cutting blade were u using. I just want to make sure the cuts are as even and smooth.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
What type of dremmel and dremmel cutting blade were u using. I just want to make sure the cuts are as even and smooth.

This is what i use.

Attachments

• blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 331

krighton

Reaction score
any eta on the Seidio extended cases...too paranoid to use my phone without one (sans insurance)....maybe i should just get a slim for now and not use the extended battery till they release the case for it.

BongMan420

Reaction score
U could also mod a cheaper cover