Case for extended battery

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Good stuff!

All you gotta do is go slow and take your time. Don't try to remove all the material in one shot, remove it bit by bit and keep fitting and trimming as you go.

aliasneo07

Reaction score
Alright, just finished cutting another one up... Thank god I get a healthy discount at Verizon for everything I get lol.... The fitment of the pieces on my phone with a normal battery cover installed wasn't exactly Otterbox quality, but it was passable. Cutting it apart did really no measurable amount of change to the case whatsoever. Fitment around buttons and ports is still the same, just I have a big 'ol donkey battery hanging out of the back of it.

Hey manufacturers... gonna pick up on doing this? I've already dropped close to $50 bucks on cases I'm just cutting apart... who wants my money for a real case that'll take some abuse and fit right with the 2750mAh battery installed?

Onto the pics...

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

You'd make good money offering to do this for forums users lol.

BGKris

Reaction score
Alright, just finished cutting another one up... Thank god I get a healthy discount at Verizon for everything I get lol.... The fitment of the pieces on my phone with a normal battery cover installed wasn't exactly Otterbox quality, but it was passable. Cutting it apart did really no measurable amount of change to the case whatsoever. Fitment around buttons and ports is still the same, just I have a big 'ol donkey battery hanging out of the back of it.

Hey manufacturers... gonna pick up on doing this? I've already dropped close to $50 bucks on cases I'm just cutting apart... who wants my money for a real case that'll take some abuse and fit right with the 2750mAh battery installed?

Onto the pics...

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Wow that's super clean!!! I might have to try this soon

Sent from my hypebeast using Tapatalk

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
You'd make good money offering to do this for forums users lol.

Haha, I'd probably get details worked out just in time for Otterbox to release their professional case. That's about how my luck goes.

It's really super easy. All you gotta do is go slow and be careful. The Dremel will do all the work, you just gotta let it show you what it can do.

BiggiePhat

Reaction score
id buy one of those blue/black ones. I have light leak around the corners of the buttons on the bottom and a case would fix that right up :)

kerrdj

Reaction score
This was in an email i got from HTCPedia

"
P.S. We are working on cases that will fit the extended battery for your HTC Thunderbolt. We should have something stock in about a 1 week.
Thank you,
Marchello Gadayev
HTCPedia Shop "

dated 4-4-11

BGKris

Reaction score

"
P.S. We are working on cases that will fit the extended battery for your HTC Thunderbolt. We should have something stock in about a 1 week.
Thank you,
Marchello Gadayev
HTCPedia Shop "

dated 4-4-11

Finally!!!! Thank you! so here's a dancing banana :icon_ banana:

mikezq8ss

Reaction score

"
Thank you,
Marchello Gadayev
HTCPedia Shop "

dated 4-4-11

I hope to GOD that's really gonna happen... I'm tired of getting plastic dust in my eyes cutting the backs off these cases! Please also let them be making several kinds... I don't want just a hard plastic one, nor just a silicone one... I want an Otterbox style 2 piece ruggedized plastic and rubber one.

RedDogMama

Reaction score
Extended battery life

To be completely honest, I am not very happy with HTC for making a phone with such horrible battery life. If the phone cannot make it through a full days use, then it shouldn't be on the market.

I've learned to turn off "Stuff" like 3G when I'm at home and can use my wi-fi. However, I've also been looking into dumping some of those factory installed apps that add additional charges, and that I won't use anyway. I found it somewhere else on this forum, but I don't have the URL directly. It really will help extend battery life.

RedDogMama

Reaction score
"Seidio commented on their Wall post.
Seidio wrote: "Hey, we're developing a rugged case for the thunderbolt. Let me get back to you later this week on extended cases for Surface and Active!""

Received this seconds ago:

"Seidio I got more accurate information for you. We are releasing a SURFACE extended and ACTIVE extended for use with the OEM extended battery for the Thunderbolt. You can sign up to [email protected] and we'll let you know when it releases!"

Thanks for the post. I sent them an email message, and saved their URL for future reference. Hopefully with additional requests, they can hurry along production!
We just got our phones on Thursday, and are learning lots, as we had not upgraded our phones since 2005!!!

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I sent them an email message, and saved their URL for future reference. Hopefully with additional requests, they can hurry along production!
We just got our phones on Thursday, and are learning lots, as we had not upgraded our phones since 2005!!!

Oh My!!! @2005. Get ready for an addiction & lotsa fun RDM. :icon_ banana:
My buddy Cakes is making a nice girly theme <rooted>if your interested. She already has a skin out for unrooted as well. Good luck with your case hunt.:)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some of these modifications look really good, they almost had me fooled. I will wait until an official case comes out before I decide on an extended battery. Although I have been getting great battery life thus far, two weeks and counting. I am averaging about 18 hours on a charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

jasno

Reaction score
juice

Some of these modifications look really good, they almost had me fooled. I will wait until an official case comes out before I decide on an extended battery. Although I have been getting great battery life thus far, two weeks and counting. I am averaging about 18 hours on a charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Wow dude I was getting crappy battery life before I got the extended I get 18 on the extended how do you get that much juice out of the stock one?

jasno

Reaction score
nice

Onto the pics...

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg
you one upper you!