Case for extended battery

hotdoguynj

Reaction score
cut my case

i just cut my case, it took about fifteen minutes, and I am very pleased with the results, ultimatley i would like a case that covers everything, as now the battery cover is inface unprotected, but the sides, and edges are nicely protected, I am very happy...i always need a cover.....dancedroid

hotdoguynj

Reaction score
ok, its not perfect, at all, but its a LOT better than no cover, this is actually a really good cover I like the silicone/rubberized plastic combo, plus it makes the sleep /power button a lot easier to operate...

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 588

dtt255

Reaction score

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
Pics

Raptor007 is correct, its the blue/black from VZW, attached are the pics, forgot my password, had to reregister...dancedroid

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 524

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
scisssors, and a bit of filing to somewhat spruce up the edges, I was a tool and die maker for 20 years, so this shoddy craftsmanship is rather embareassing, but actually worked out very well....until a real one is available...I love this extended battery btw, i am getting some great life out of it....

Rbrittmcgraw

Reaction score
I just did the same with my silicone cover - I got mine at Verizon when I bought the phone and of course it fit the standard battery. I just cut a square right around the extended battery and now at least the phone has some protection. Not beautiful, but definately functional. Thanks!

lapeter

Reaction score
They only show one for the TB. I would love a hard case with an optional belt clip like the Body Glove case.

I think I have saved the day!!! I havent ordered it yet, because I just found it, but take a look at this! HTC Extended Battery Fit - HTC Cases - HTC Accessories Depot

_Update- Ooops sorry, just realized that its for the evo :( But this should mean that they would make the same exact case for our thunderbolts as well!

Tacoman

Reaction score
That cut away case is probably better than you think. The battery is probably the tuffest and heaviest part of the phone. If it hits there directly it probably won't die but it may need a new battery and cover which are pretty easy to replace.

tiwags

Reaction score
Raptor007 is correct, its the blue/black from VZW, attached are the pics, forgot my password, had to reregister...dancedroid

Thank you for the post pictures.. this is a great idea!! I am going to try your method :) Thanks again!!