Case for extended battery

chubbrock

Reaction score
I searched on ebay, google, and different forums but didn't find anything. Are there any cases/skins for the phone that fit with the OEM extended battery? I bought a case thinking I wasn't going to buy the extended battery, but ended up buying it so now I need a different case. Any suggestions, links, anything? Thanks!

lapeter

Reaction score
I have also searched and I think that nobody has them out yet. Hopefully something will come out soon.

rickyboy

Reaction score
How do you make the battery with extended back and not make the case to cover it??? I looked all over today couldn't find anything!

lapeter

Reaction score
The extended battery comes with a battery cover. We are talking about a case to cover/protect the phone.

How do you make the battery with extended back and not make the case to cover it??? I looked all over today couldn't find anything!

rickyboy

Reaction score
The extended battery comes with a battery cover. We are talking about a case to cover/protect the phone.

maybe I worded it wrong, I bought the thunderbolt with extended battery and back....I am looking for a protective case for it, but like the others I cant seem to find one for sale yet.

OP
C

chubbrock

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get why HTC didn't make one for day one of the release. They don't even have the multimedia dock for sale yet. This is really bad on HTC's end, with the delay and all too. I mean come on, you wan't people to build brand loyalty and you treat people that are new to your brand like this????

gvanmeter

Reaction score
I hope HTC doesn't wait too long on the case for a phone with an extended battery...Not only did I buy one, but I bought my wife one...and you know how wives can be with phones. I'm loving the extra battery life though. Dungeon Defenders for multiple hours...didn't have to charge until 12am (bedtime).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

jaydenrobins08

Reaction score
To be completely honest, I am not very happy with HTC for making a phone with such horrible battery life. If the phone cannot make it through a full days use, then it shouldn't be on the market.

johnny9i6

Reaction score
I've also purchased the extended battery and was looking to get a case but none are made so I might consider buying one of those soft case pouch that I saw on eBay with the Android character for $2.99 with shipping. Better then nothing.

Raptor007

Reaction score
My battery life has not been horrible, but I don't have 4G in my market, yet. Still others have been buying the silicone cases and cutting the back out to fit the extended battery. I am planning on doing that myself.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Any more updates on this? I've been checking around and haven't found anything anywhere... My phones running around nekkid with this new battery.

lapeter

Reaction score
JACKPOT!!! I went to the Verizon store today hoping to find a soft case for the TB that I could cut the back out off so the extended battery would fit. I am trying on aHTC Skin TB in black ($14,95) to see what could be done. I then tried putting on the rubber case and presto- almost a perfect fit. I stretched it a little and the fit got better. Also you can't see much of the battery, just a bigger phone. I like the look a lot better. This also solves another small problem. Every time I used the phone I accidentally hit the volume switch. Now it is a little tougher to do this. I also have the Body Glove case with a removable belt clip that only fits the regular battery- nice case. I hope Body Glove or somebody comes out with a similar case but in the meantime, I am a happy camper. Aloha.

Attachments

• DSCN0162.jpg
    DSCN0162.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • DSCN0160.jpg
    DSCN0160.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 822
  • DSCN0161.jpg
    DSCN0161.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 1,187
  • DSCN0163.jpg
    DSCN0163.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 948

rjcapp

Reaction score
that looks real good ! my extended battery arrives tomorrow . I ordered a case and I was planning on cutting the back out . if that does not work I will get the case that you have .

I also like the fact that I will not hit the volume button accidentally . that is 1 of the few pet peeves I have about the thunderbolt ....

gvanmeter

Reaction score
How about a custom case for the HTC Thunderbolt! That's what this forum is about.

Rbrittmcgraw

Reaction score
Still no case

Same here - LOVE the extended battery, but really need a case. When someone here finds one, please post!