Case for extended battery

jasno

Reaction score
I found one!

IMG_20110331_202107.jpg

IMG_20110331_202124.jpg

jasno

Reaction score

I drew lines to cut around the battery, then I burnt the cover with a long stem lighter to weaken it. Then I hammered a nail in it to make holes in the middle and then just cut it out with scissors. I think I probably could have skipped the torching and just went straight to the hammer and nail. After I got it to fit I just super glued the blue rubber cover to the hard cover, it stays on better that way, works great!

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
I went ahead and made my own. I'm not a fan of the case design to start with (or the price) but I broke out the Dremel and hacked it up anyway. It's a solid 1 piece design that snaps onto the back only. I was looking for a 2 piece front and back design that snaps together around the perimeter of the the phone. I guess this one serves as proof of concept that this will work at least. I'm keeping my eye out for one of the nicer verizon 2 piece rubber/plastic ones to mod now. Anyway, here it is -

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

0331012306.jpg

0331012311.jpg

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
Nicely done Mike. Jasno, torch, hammer,nails haha. Wow, but it works. Nicely done fellas.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Did you all get the 2 piece case from the online store, or in a brick and mortar? I don't see it listed online. Also how much was it?

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
Hemorrhoids, I ordered mine from VZW, at the same time I purchased the TB. Before even knowing about the extended battery. I do think the two price unit is awesome, like the soft cushy gel up against the device.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I agree, i hate when they have 2 piece cases and the hard plastic is on the inside, as this eventually scratches/scuffs your phone up. I found a case i really like on Amazon, but unfortunately it has the hard piece inside.

How much did you pay for the case?

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
I'm going back to the Verizon store to get one of the two piece ones in a little bit. I stopped by after work and the UPS guy was dropping off boxes, and the girl there said there was some Tbolt stuff in them, but they had to process them first or something. I have to shower and change outta work stuff and head back there to pick it up. Hopefully they actually will have the nice ones and my decision will have to be between the red/black or blue/black one.

Then it's time for the dremel again.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Here is my Bolt with a mod'd hard case !!

Attachments

• t bolt.JPG
    t bolt.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 628

rjcapp

Reaction score
mod'd bolt

Attachments

• t bolt (1).JPG
    t bolt (1).JPG
    30 KB · Views: 481

rjcapp

Reaction score
I got this pretty cheap. Order this one when I ordered a diff one for my daughter's bolt.

Dremmeled the opening to accomidate the ext batt

Attachments

• t bolt (2).JPG
    t bolt (2).JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 539
  • chained to my ride bolt.JPG
    chained to my ride bolt.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 463

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Alright, just finished cutting another one up... Thank god I get a healthy discount at Verizon for everything I get lol.... The fitment of the pieces on my phone with a normal battery cover installed wasn't exactly Otterbox quality, but it was passable. Cutting it apart did really no measurable amount of change to the case whatsoever. Fitment around buttons and ports is still the same, just I have a big 'ol donkey battery hanging out of the back of it.

Hey manufacturers... gonna pick up on doing this? I've already dropped close to $50 bucks on cases I'm just cutting apart... who wants my money for a real case that'll take some abuse and fit right with the 2750mAh battery installed?

Onto the pics...

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

gknowsdroid

Reaction score
I went ahead and made my own. I'm not a fan of the case design to start with (or the price) but I broke out the Dremel and hacked it up anyway. It's a solid 1 piece design that snaps onto the back only. I was looking for a 2 piece front and back design that snaps together around the perimeter of the the phone. I guess this one serves as proof of concept that this will work at least. I'm keeping my eye out for one of the nicer verizon 2 piece rubber/plastic ones to mod now. Anyway, here it is -

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

0331012306.jpg

0331012311.jpg

Mike based on tour suggestion I went out and bought my first dremmel and went to work. It's not the clearest cut but it gets the job done. Now all I have to do is get the tingling out of my right hand.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums