Bionic owners ignore this if you don't care about screen rez/camera/video/benchmarks

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Hey bigdad63, you're kidding, right. Read the reviews from the pros ad well ad the owners. And sprint? You are crazy.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Strictly talking phones and not plans or companies. If Sprint had a network even close to VZW, big red would be a shrinking image in my rearview. I have to say it again, the phone is that good. I am drooling for the Prime. And don't take my word for it (or immediately dismiss what I say) take a couple of minutes and see for yourself.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Is the GS2 going to scroll faster than the bionic? Is the GS2 going to load web pages faster? Is the GS2 going to run apps the bionic can't? Is my arm tired from holding a heavier but more durable phone? Do I rely on my phone's camera for my life memories? Do I take videos more than once a month? Do I hold my phone 2 inches from my face looking for pixels?

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

I'll keep my biopic.

Your requirements match up perfectly with the Bionic, wouldn't dream of saying someone like you should switch.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Ok thanks Conq, wasn't sure.. personally, the bionic is everything I want in a phone, except a projector <g> But I had sprint/cingular.. I'm happy, but whatever phone or provider makes you happy, don't question it and just go for it.

I'm with ya on that. That's why I kept it to some specific features and didn't mention similar things (like scrolling) or something that the bionic does better but doesn't matter to me (brightness).

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
CM7 will be awesome, it will make the Bionic 10x better than ANY stock phone. The camera is decent, video is better. I agree the Galaxy S2 would have been my next phone had it cone to Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Go tap on the epic for a few minutes and then try to imagine a phone with even better specs (Prime).

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
I may actually take your advice and get my hands on an epic 4g. I was actually really impressed with the Bionic and was very close to buying it, I just really can't stand the display. Maybe that will turn out to be a good thing. I'm going to see what comes of the Vigor/IncHD, it's either that or the prime/galaxy nexus. I can't hold on to my OG forever though, so I hope those October and November release rumors are correct.

As raggedy as my old faithful D1 is (and also having an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket), the Epic has given me the fortitude to wait a little longer to (hopefully) get my hands on the Prime. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

UNC

Reaction score
Don't be tricked by Samsung's iPhone clone!!! Also, Moto actually puts out updates, and will likely put them out even faster once Google takes over.

If you want Android, stick with MOTO or HTC. If you want iPhone, stick with Apple. The only thing I'll ever by from Samsung is a TV.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Don't be tricked by Samsung's iPhone clone!!! Also, Moto actually puts out updates, and will likely put them out even faster once Google takes over.

If you want Android, stick with MOTO or HTC. If you want iPhone, stick with Apple. The only thing I'll ever by from Samsung is a TV.

Spoken a bit like someone who hasn't had any hands on time with any of sammys latest offerings.

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bionic
Prime
Vigor
Dianara
SIII

there are a million and one phones out there on the market
each with tailored specs and gimmicks and abilities

in the end each person is going to choose the phone based on that fact
does it do what they need it to do. it's a simple yes or no situation

I happened to get the bionic. the screen works great. the sound is clean and the bass boost works great
it's plenty fast and runs everything I need. plus rooted and removed bloatware and it's even faster and leaner.

with the NE2 going byebye and some people (including me) won't be able to get that last discount with it,
I chose to go with a phone that works and works very well.

Sure the Prime might be a good phone. Or it could be delayed. Same with the Vigor. Same with any phone coming out
as they work to cram more and more into these pint sized powerhouses.

every issue you state = screen res / video / benchmarks / camera
I must be one of the lucky ones. I don't have pixelation issues.
my camera focuses just fine and takes some very beautiful pictures.
video plays great. just watched Star Trek through Netflix and on 3G and was very pleased.
Benchmarks......are extremely subjective. always will be.

Informed decisions are a must. And for the masses, just about any phone will do.
For us tweakers / hackers / perfectionists, there will always be a better phone we are trying to emulate.
Just the way of things.

my .02 on the matter.

tcayton49

Reaction score
If you are a true lover of the best in cellular technology and you are within your return period for your bionic, I implore you march it right back to the store. Why? I finally spent some hands on time with the sprint epic 4g touch (mouthful) and it clearly eclipses the biopic in all of the aforementioned areas. If you don't believe me, take your biopic to the store and do a side by side comparison. You'll find that: 1. The Sammy screen is brilliant, lacks the pixellation bugaboo, and just displays a fantastic range and depth of colors. 2. The camera rivals some point and shoot cameras with tons of detail and excellent clarity. The biopic is not even close to being in the same league. 3. The video, while not quite as stunning as the still photos, is still head and shoulders above the DB. 4. Don't compare benchmarks if you don't want to be further disappointed by motos offering. 5. While the DB is by no means an ugly duckling, the way Sammy has packaged that huge 4.5" screen in that ultra-thin (and surprisingly not huge feeling package) is close to amazing. It just feels great in the hand. 6. The dual core in the Sammy is flat out fast and ultra ultra smooth.

So before the hatemail starts rolling in, I just wanted to say that if you only upgraded to the biopic to get a better phone than what you had, or you really don't expect much in the areas I've cataloged, then by all means keep it (after all it's just my opinion right?). But, on the other hand, if you have a little more stamina and can wait to get the absolute best phone experience available, then ship that puppy back to the store and wait for whatever galaxyesque (yes, I just made that up) phone Sammy sends to Verizon. From what I saw at Sprint today, it will be worth the wait. Don't believe me? Dare to compare.

Edit: Dang you TouchPad autocorrect! That's supposed to be, wait for it......Bionic.

Here we go again...First, I care about the screen. I think the Biopic's screen is incredible! I haven't seen any of the SGS2s, but I think the Biopic's screen is head and shoulder's above the Charge's. So leaving the Biopic for a Sammy doesn't make sense to me. The colors on the Biopic look more realistic to me and I can actually see it in the sunlight, and I don't see any of the pixelation people complain about. The Charge gave me a headache when I looked at it. It didn't even seem to use real colors.

I've taken a few pics, and the camera takes a little getting used to, but it takes really good pictures. The first picture I took looked like garbage, but now that I know how to use it and focus it correctly, it looks great.

Don't care about videos. I've had phones capable of taking video for about 4 years, and I've taken exactly zero videos.

And Benchmarks....oh benchmarks...what can we say about benchmarks. They're useless. I think that about sums up benchmarks. For one, they are more a reflection of the benchmarking software than the hardware they are run on. For two, because of the way the Android OS works, there has never been an even remotely accurate benchmarking software for Android. Thirdly, benchmarks are incredibly easy to manipulate. I've seen where someone has a benchmark score, they go in and tweak some settings, rerun the benchmark and have an increase of about 90% on the score. The only thing benchmarks are good for is to give people who don't understand them bragging rights over other people who don't understand them.
So yeah, I'll keep my Biopic. Now I'm gonna go watch the History Channel. They are showing a JFK Bionic.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
People really need to pay more attention when reading...
Just shows how some people are very biased, all they see is Sprint and mentioning of a great phone, and assume that one is advocating to leave for Sprint.

Yes, Samsung does have a very nice phone, and in my opinion it is better than the Bionic... I've seen the Epic 4G, not a big fan of TW as well, but neither am I of Moto Blur. I picked up my Bionic today from Bestbuy.
Was disappointed to still find the pixelation, not as bad as my brothers Droid X2, but still very much noticeable. I came straight from OG Droid, and its a hell of a upgrade. Surprisingly, it does not seem to be performing any
smoother than my brothers DX2, and if compared to some of the benchmarks, it seems that the DX2 is faster, for example Quadrants on DX2 are 2700-2900, while the Bionic is at 2300-2400 for me, both phones stock.

But I still cannot help it to think, that the "Bionic" released this month, should have happened 6-4 months ago... The hype would have matched the Bionic months ago, but not today. I will give it some love for the next few days,
and who knows, it might grow on me.... and if not, Samsung or HTC might get my money otherwise.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
If you are a true lover of the best in cellular technology and you are within your return period for your bionic, I implore you march it right back to the store. Why? I finally spent some hands on time with the sprint epic 4g touch (mouthful) and it clearly eclipses the biopic in all of the aforementioned areas. If you don't believe me, take your biopic to the store and do a side by side comparison. You'll find that: 1. The Sammy screen is brilliant, lacks the pixellation bugaboo, and just displays a fantastic range and depth of colors. 2. The camera rivals some point and shoot cameras with tons of detail and excellent clarity. The biopic is not even close to being in the same league. 3. The video, while not quite as stunning as the still photos, is still head and shoulders above the DB. 4. Don't compare benchmarks if you don't want to be further disappointed by motos offering. 5. While the DB is by no means an ugly duckling, the way Sammy has packaged that huge 4.5" screen in that ultra-thin (and surprisingly not huge feeling package) is close to amazing. It just feels great in the hand. 6. The dual core in the Sammy is flat out fast and ultra ultra smooth.

So before the hatemail starts rolling in, I just wanted to say that if you only upgraded to the biopic to get a better phone than what you had, or you really don't expect much in the areas I've cataloged, then by all means keep it (after all it's just my opinion right?). But, on the other hand, if you have a little more stamina and can wait to get the absolute best phone experience available, then ship that puppy back to the store and wait for whatever galaxyesque (yes, I just made that up) phone Sammy sends to Verizon. From what I saw at Sprint today, it will be worth the wait. Don't believe me? Dare to compare.

Edit: Dang you TouchPad autocorrect! That's supposed to be, wait for it......Bionic.

Does the Samsung Sprint Galaxy S Fascinate 4G Epic S Touch II have 4G LTE?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
funny how some people are so quick to jump on what they perceive are shortcomings of one device without mentioning shortcomings of the other.

take both phones into direct sunlight and tell me which screen is better.
one you wont be able to see, the other will be bright and vivid.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i just don't see the problem most are seeing with the screen mine is viberate and clear, and doesn't have any pixels showing, as for the camera no problems with that either takes great pictures and video oh well. i would look at it the samsung phone cause i love samsung products but i don't have a reason to go to a sprint store is all.