Final thoughts of decision: "bionic or razr?" the end.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic, Gnex, RAZR, Rezound
Decisions, decisions. They are all great phones and will likely last two years.
Pick one and call it a day. I don't understand all the consternation over a phone.
Each has their drawbacks and advantages. While I understand that makes the decision making process difficult, at the end of the day you are the only one that can judge the value of :
  • 1.2 vs 1.5 GHz
  • Dual vs. Quad Core
  • How many MHz can you get from your Graphics processor ? (Do you care ?)
  • removable battery
  • removable SD Card
  • ICS on day one
  • ICS in next quarter
  • Super Duper Amoled HD
  • Less than Super Duper Amoled HD
  • Pentile
  • Non Pentile
  • Gorilla Glass
  • Super Gorilla Glass with a different name
  • Unlocked Bootloacer
  • Amoled Plus with humpty dumpty Glass
  • Beats Audio (Whatever that is)
  • Kevlar Backing (Marketing)
  • Plastic Back (Marketing)
  • QhD display
  • Non QhD Display (Meaning HD or something else)
  • Term du jour to describe just about everything else
These are just a few factors. Every phone will lack in some way. Pick your poison and maybe we can stop the finger pointing as to why my phone is greater than yours. And vise versa.

It's just a frigging phone. Kevlar, plastic, really does it make a difference ? :biggrin:

Lmao! Thanks brother! ......(sighing) sweet technology...lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

SteveC

Reaction score
This thread was a nice find. I bought the original Droid, mostly as a shot in the dark to get out of windows. That phone was really enjoyable. I rooted it and learned a lot from it. Then I got torqued at Motorola for locking the bootloaders. So I wound up with a Samsung Fascinate. Well, it took the developer community almost a year to work the kinks out of that thing to the point where the Fascinate was maybe as good a phone as the original Droid. Then lately the Fascinate has been running hotter than hades and battery life began to suck. So I started looking for another smartphone. I had seen the Bionic at the local store and liked it a lot, but rumors of the Razr kept me waiting. So in my research I found this thread.

So I went to the dealer and gave them both a look. I put one of each alongside the Fascinate and while talking to the rep about lots of cell phone stuff, I began to like the Bionic more and more. After the hour or so the Razr was defiitely hotter than the Bionic, and the Fascinate was hotter than both. What I determined that as far as my eyes could tell there is not enough significant screen difference to talk about...except that the Bionic can be seen in the light better. I do tend to think the colors of the Razr seem sort of exagerated and well, there is really not much to pick with there. Certainly not what I expected from reading reviews and posts on various threads.

I could not like the idea of non replaceable batteries. I did like the removable battery with extended battery option. The Razr is just a little too long to snap into the pocket of a shirt. The Razr feels sort of flimsy, not that it is not well built, it is obviously,...its just so blasted light feeling. The observable performance of the Razr and Bionic did not seem real significant either. The Bionic just feels better in hand..to my hand anyway. And the GPS of either simply smokes the Fascinate GPS. About the only difference I can see is the lack of a gyroscope on the Bionic, but the Bionic has an FM radio. I like the tactile feel of the non removable Kevlar backing of the Razr.

Anyway I bought the Bionic. I think I'll wind up with a webtop and then I think I have a phone I'll be good with for the length of my new contract. The fact that it is $100 cheaper than the Razr made it really a no brainer.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread was a nice find. I bought the original Droid, mostly as a shot in the dark to get out of windows. That phone was really enjoyable. I rooted it and learned a lot from it. Then I got torqued at Motorola for locking the bootloaders. So I wound up with a Samsung Fascinate. Well, it took the developer community almost a year to work the kinks out of that thing to the point where the Fascinate was maybe as good a phone as the original Droid. Then lately the Fascinate has been running hotter than hades and battery life began to suck. So I started looking for another smartphone. I had seen the Bionic at the local store and liked it a lot, but rumors of the Razr kept me waiting. So in my research I found this thread.

So I went to the dealer and gave them both a look. I put one of each alongside the Fascinate and while talking to the rep about lots of cell phone stuff, I began to like the Bionic more and more. After the hour or so the Razr was defiitely hotter than the Bionic, and the Fascinate was hotter than both. What I determined that as far as my eyes could tell there is not enough significant screen difference to talk about...except that the Bionic can be seen in the light better. I do tend to think the colors of the Razr seem sort of exagerated and well, there is really not much to pick with there. Certainly not what I expected from reading reviews and posts on various threads.

I could not like the idea of non replaceable batteries. I did like the removable battery with extended battery option. The Razr is just a little too long to snap into the pocket of a shirt. The Razr feels sort of flimsy, not that it is not well built, it is obviously,...its just so blasted light feeling. The observable performance of the Razr and Bionic did not seem real significant either. The Bionic just feels better in hand..to my hand anyway. And the GPS of either simply smokes the Fascinate GPS. About the only difference I can see is the lack of a gyroscope on the Bionic, but the Bionic has an FM radio. I like the tactile feel of the non removable Kevlar backing of the Razr.

Anyway I bought the Bionic. I think I'll wind up with a webtop and then I think I have a phone I'll be good with for the length of my new contract. The fact that it is $100 cheaper than the Razr made it really a no brainer.

I also did the test. I owned the bionic for 24 hrs. The Razr has never even gotten warm. That's just mine I guess. After watching Netflix for an hour and a half it was just room temp. Well, I'm sure it was hotter but I couldn't really tell. As far as speed, I noticed a small increase but not enough to write home about. I agree with the screen. I like true colors. But the bionic was way washed out in my opinion. They are in so many ways brothers rather than father and son etc. I liked the fact that development has been going for the bionic. To be completely forward, the reason I chose the Razr, was size and the bionic looked too much like a big D2..etc. In the time I had the bionic, I was quickly liking it however as it was an upgrade in size and performance. But the Razr was the phone i made the decision to upgrade for. So when they sent me the bionic instead I at least gave it a go. I would still recommended the bionic. Just for me the Razr had more pros than cons for my taste. I just can't wait to flash some ROMs...lol peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

cebosound

Reaction score

I agree with many of the points you mentioned Steve. I tossed around the idea of getting the Razr or Bionic for a couple of weeks. But in the end I felt like the Bionic was for me, especially being half the price of the Razr.