Yup.....almost tossed the Bionic out the window today

jspencer67

Reaction score
onto the highway at 70mph

I simply am losing my patience with this phone.... I traveling in and out of a 4G area all day (I work on the road as a field tech) and the CONSTANT loss of data connectivity is maddening. the phone simply doesn't seem capable of switching from 4g to 3G without a reboot. Add in the fact I like to listen to internet radio stations (most of which are through apps) and the CONSTANT shutting down of the app because of this is making me crazy. I can not listen to the WEEI.com app today for more than 2 minutes without it shutting down. I must have had to reboot the thing no less than 15 times today alone.....just to get data back running

Now I know that there is an upgrade I could do that is listed here but I am unsure whether I want ot root this phone because I am so displeased with it that I am thinking about just waiting for the Nexus to come out....selling this in a package (phone,charger,extended and regular battery and case) on Ebayfor whatever I can get for it and then just paying retail for the Nexus. If I am going to do that, I don't want to root this phone.

I am sorry but I feel like I got sold a bill of goods with the Bionic....even with the extended battery my battery life is crap.....the lack of ability to set up separate notifications for different email accounts is moronic and a total oversight on their part....the camera on it is a total joke (push button...wait 5 seconds for focus.....wait ten more seconds for shutter to go)

BTW.....is is totally impossible for them to have a reboot option on the freaking shutdown screen???? Is it THAT freaking hard to do???

hopefully I can get 400.00 dollars for the phone soon and simply move the hell on to something that works

very frustrating Bionic sucker :mad:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although I doubt you'll get $400, I'd say turn get rid of it and get the Nexus. While I don't have the connection issues you have (just watched a movie via Netflix with no problems) I can see you're frustrated with it.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Get a replacement from VZW...just tell them it's essential for you to not keep losing data connection due to business.... my Bionic has only lost 4G when VZW had those two days of nationwide issues...my ThunderBolt used to drop $g regularly. I also happen to be using TH3ORY R3BLURR3D so not sure if you're on stock?

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
While I'm a newbie with the Bionic, I have been reading the forums and every review out there since before the thing was released to the public. The first app I installed was "Restart Connection". I had read a few posts from folks who had been using it and didn't have connection problems. I travel in and out of 3 & 4G every day, several times a day, and use Wi-Fi when available. I have not had a single connection issue yet (knock on wood).
If you haven't tried it, maybe it will work for you. I got it from the Market.

FWIW

OP
J

jspencer67

Reaction score
Yes I am still on stock..... I havent been comfortable with the idea of rooting it yet because I just may end up selling it and dont want to risk getting the thing off the OTA path for whomever buys it.

If I get a replacement it will be my third Bionic......the original one I had to return because an entire row of pixels just turned them selves off.....I had a dead line going right through the middle of the screen.

just an overall bad experience so far

portermac

Reaction score
Are you using any sort of battery saver even maybe the one that comes pre loaded?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can get 400 on ebay. But the new phone will cost you full price which is about 650

portermac

Reaction score
What is it set to? I found out if you use a battery saver set to let's say extream it will stop all data when sleeping and has a hard time kicking data back on. I was having the same problem as you when I used battery savers.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Are you using any task-killer or anti-virus apps?

portermac

Reaction score
Also try restart connections in the market. It only takes 5 seconds to reboot the connection.

nateohio

Reaction score
Every single thing you have quoted as a problem is fixed by updating to the .893 build. YOu can either root and have all the good stuff now or just wait a few weeks for motorola to issue out the official update. Theyve already said they are planning on an OTA update in late october or early november.

Rooting is not that serious, people really need to stop thinking its the end of the world. Yes it voids your warranty, if you are stupid enough to send in a phone thats still rooted for a warranty replacement. Rooting is entirely reversible in 99% of cases.

Scribble

Reaction score
My issue with rooting is that I'm lazy. :) I like getting the OTA updates and not having to do anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Scribble

Reaction score
Also to the op: check if under data management you have data on roaming checked off. It has helped me stay connected for the past five days and I routinely move through 3g to 4g and back into low signal every day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

steeletown

Reaction score
I enabled roaming the other day and have not lost connection since.