Tired of everybody complaining about their Bionic.....

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am seriously tired off all the complaining about your Bionic....if you don't like it then Get a Different Phone.
Mine is absolutely the best phone I have ever had. Running .902 with extended life battery. My phone is in constant use and I still close the day with 50% or better battery life.
My Bionic is AWESOME!

Keep something in mind, though. Sometimes, the only reason people ever sign up to post in the forums to begin with is because they are having issues. Not everyone is a phone enthusiast, the vast majority of users out there without issues are simply out there in the real world, enjoying their devices. People with a device issue will always be more vocal in a forum known for support.

That having been said, my Bionic has been rock solid and at this point really is one of the better phones i've owned. To the point where I no longer worry about the bootloader. I probably wouldn't ROM it anyways, it is perfect as is. I hope it remains so when ICS hits.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine was buggy. Now it acts awesome since the ota

sent from my RAZR MAXX

wingdo

Reaction score
I love mine, it's awesome. Great call quality, camera is much better since the recent software updates, and after rooting and removing oodles of bloatware and social locator my battery life is quite good even on the standard battery. Battery life is so much improved I have gone back to the standard battery from the extended.

While one can always wish for the latest and greatest, that does not make the Bionic any less great. While the screen is either a love it or hate it thing, I love it. I never have issues reading it outdoors.

josh1980

Reaction score
I like my phone. I've had a few issues, but I've been able to resolve them to my satisfaction.

But you know what I'm not too thrilled about(and as far as I know I can't do anything to fix it) is the ICS upgrade. When I bought my phone I was told I would be upgraded to ICS in the future. Well, I just did a Google search and now I read Q3 2012. Are you kidding me!? I would fully understand a March-May upgrade timeframe since ICS was officially released in December, but Q3! I'd be okay with a July release, but i'm expecting "delays" to push it into either late Q3 or Q4. So what I'm really seeing is that ICS is going to be released for my phone around the time they stop selling it in the stores! We shall see...

ducky124

Reaction score
I was actually hating mine until the 902 update. the data issues were so bad, i was talking to Verizon about giving me a different phone. Glad I waitied, 2 weeks later 902 was released.

tucsonas

Reaction score
I am seriously tired off all the complaining about your Bionic....if you don't like it then Get a Different Phone.
Mine is absolutely the best phone I have ever had. Running .902 with extended life battery. My phone is in constant use and I still close the day with 50% or better battery life.
My Bionic is AWESOME!

Ha ha Phil Davis had spoken. We must now stop birching about out bionics,......,

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dlcramer

Reaction score
When someone loves something they tell a friend. When they hate it they want to tell the world.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I love my Bionic, even before 902 I didn't experience many issues. Battery life is awesome.

wingdo

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the OP for starting this thread. In truth, no matter what phone you get there will be complaints on it, and we all know complainers are FAR more vocal than those who are happy with their phones. One of the downsides to Android is there is ALWAYS a newer / better phone coming out every month. This isn't iPhone land where you get updates every 12-15 months. Of course iPhone users are not suffering from buyer's remorse 3 months after their purchase, there is nothing newer for them to get jealous over.

I do wish the ecosystem would slow down some, I am a bit dismayed that there is talk of Jelly Bean coming out soon. While I do not suffer from ICS jealousy, I do hope for the update at some point and unless Google starts making drivers for more than just the Nexus phone we will always have a slow update cycle.

Thanks again to the OP for once again reminding us the Bionic is a great phone. Oh, and let's not forget the fact it's on the top voice network in the US as well.

quizzard

Reaction score
I just found out that the charging controller in the Bionic puts more juice to the battery than the D4 during heavy hotspotting. The D4 slowly drains while on my 2.1A charger, whereas the Bionic will keep charging at a slower rate during heavy usage.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do understand some people's complaints. I've wondered if data problems would appear (or disappear) if Bionic owners were to stand shoulder to shoulder.

Back in 2005 the Prius was hard to come by. Generally you got on a list and wait. If a Prius was on a lot, the time spent there was 24 hours. On the Prius forum there were complainers on how bad the Prius was. Then you'd discover that they saw one on a lot and bought it on impulse without a test drive. It turns out that they were either very large (or tall) and found the seats uncomfortable and were in pain after 30 minutes. I have no problem driving my Prius for hours. Now who is right about the seats, them or me? Well, we both are because a lot of things are subjective.

That being said, my Bionic has worked the way I wanted it to since day one. No data problems and with the extended battery I don't worry about battery life.

Last edited:

floyd

Reaction score
Never had a problem with data until I went to a particular part of Chinatown. Other neighborhoods in Manhattan have worked reasonably seamlessly since October.

Must have been in a data shadow or something, but when I tried to use google maps to find an obscure restaurant on the fly, I was porked. Embarrassing with a date. Rebooting and toggling airplane mode was useless to regain data connection..

Definitely a Verizon infrastructure issue. I now understand the anger with Verizon pushing or a half-baked, and now apparently orphan product/technology.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sonarman

Reaction score
Had my stock Bionic since Dec 15, could not be happier. Great phone! Dance on Bionic & Moto!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Didn't know where else to really put this, didn't want to start a thread, but I just got off the phone with Verizon. Unfortunately my Bionic experience has all but died since the .902 update and I will most likely be getting a Rezound. I have one more replacement I'll try out tomorrow. However I was talking with the guy while we did an obligatory factory data reset (even though I told him I just did one), and we started talking about updates. He was a really knowledgeable guy, who was INFINITELY more in touch with the smart phone world than any CS or tech support or sales rep has EVER been. He sort of discreetly threw out that there should be another update coming after .902. Didn't say who/what/when/where/or why, and the only reason I'm mentioning it was because he really seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Was clear he wasn't reading some script while we talked about the nature of 4G and he gave me a history lesson on the Atrix and the Bionic etc etc. Not that it really affects me at this point, but I thought some of you might like to know...

Has any rep ever been right? Not to my knowledge. But I honestly have not met a rep as knowledgeable as this guy was. Do with this what you will.

check423

Reaction score
Mine is garbage. Its been months since I have turned on 4g. It will work for about a minute then it says 3g data link lost. If I try to turn the volume down in a call, it ends the call. I have lots of complaints of people never getting a hold of me. I would love the phone , if it worked. I also love in a rock solid 4 g area.