Droid Bionic extended battery

portermac

Reaction score
My extended battery lasts about fifteen hours with very limited usage. I don't understand how some are getting above thirty hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using a Cookie made with a certain popular spice.

Check and see what is running. Maybe something like maps eating the battery. It does it to me sometimes even with GPS off. Also have you completely drain and pulled the battery yet since the time change? If not, do that and then report back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
So i charged it over night last night and after 2 hours of low use. Internet for 10 min. One phone call its at 80 percent. My 4g is always on does that really make difference. I used to keep my 3g on my droid x all the time unless i was using wifi and it lasted me the whole day. This is my second full charge so hopefully it gets better

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Mike, you've got something running in the background that is polling 4G data and eating your battery.
Maybe Skype? I know that was the villain when I was troubleshooting my battery issues. Check the Task Manager app and see whats running.. kill anything that you're not using and set an auto-kill list for apps that constantly poll 4G data that you dont need up all the time.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
Mike, you've got something running in the background that is polling 4G data and eating your battery.
Maybe Skype? I know that was the villain when I was troubleshooting my battery issues. Check the Task Manager app and see whats running.. kill anything that you're not using and set an auto-kill list for apps that constantly poll 4G data that you dont need up all the time.

I was looking at my task manager and nothing really was running that was big. I auto ended a few programs though. I think i might just let me phone charge for a few more days to break the battery in. I am guessing the extend battery take a few full charges to break in.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
So I did my 4th full charge and I am 60 percent after 5 hours with moderate use

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
With the extended battery, I am at 70% after ten hours. That's the best I've seen in the month I've had it.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
With the extended battery, I am at 70% after ten hours. That's the best I've seen in the month I've had it.

Hopefully mines becomes like that. How often do you use yours?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I use mine moderate to low. I still wish it was better than that, but it's MUCH better than the stock joke.

wooddale

Reaction score
I just got my extended battery a couple of days ago I did the battery discharge deal letting it run all the way down Im on 4G constant Use my phone a lot Im 12 hrs got 19% left lot better than stock I can live with that. You guys getting 20 hrs and crap either arent using your phones or you got everything turned off or in 3G. No way you can be in 4G not turn all your stuff off and last that long

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I turn 4g off but only because I lose all data connection if I try to use it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Very light usage today, maybe 20-30 texts, a 5 minute phone call, 10 minutes on browser, 10 minutes in market, 5 minutes other. I'm at 78% with 8h 8m off charger. This is considered really light use for me, on a normal day of moderate to heavy use, I'll probably get about 17-20ish hours before it's below 10%.

Edit: Oh and I'm in a good 4g area, I have the phone set to performance setting, have a lot of feeds in taptu, swift key keyboard and my calendar are always running and beautiful widgets with an occasional live wall paper. Probably more, but these are what stand out.

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
Very light usage today, maybe 20-30 texts, a 5 minute phone call, 10 minutes on browser, 10 minutes in market, 5 minutes other. I'm at 78% with 8h 8m off charger. This is considered really light use for me, on a normal day of moderate to heavy use, I'll probably get about 17-20ish hours before it's below 10%.

Edit: Oh and I'm in a good 4g area, I have the phone set to performance setting, have a lot of feeds in taptu, swift key keyboard and my calendar are always running and beautiful widgets with an occasional live wall paper. Probably more, but these are what stand out.

Thats good to hear I hope I can squeeze 15hrs out of it and Ill be happy. Did yours get better like I say its new yet?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah it did, I probably did 3 full discharge/recharges and then d/l this app called Battery Dr Saver and occasionally do a "full cycle charge." Honestly I don't know if that last part makes a difference, but I do get pretty decent battery life and only do that once or twice a week for days I think will be heavier than others. Whatever I'm doing seems to be working so...