Bionic owners ignore this if you don't care about screen rez/camera/video/benchmarks

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by bigdad63, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    If you are a true lover of the best in cellular technology and you are within your return period for your bionic, I implore you march it right back to the store. Why? I finally spent some hands on time with the sprint epic 4g touch (mouthful) and it clearly eclipses the biopic in all of the aforementioned areas. If you don't believe me, take your biopic to the store and do a side by side comparison. You'll find that: 1. The Sammy screen is brilliant, lacks the pixellation bugaboo, and just displays a fantastic range and depth of colors. 2. The camera rivals some point and shoot cameras with tons of detail and excellent clarity. The biopic is not even close to being in the same league. 3. The video, while not quite as stunning as the still photos, is still head and shoulders above the DB. 4. Don't compare benchmarks if you don't want to be further disappointed by motos offering. 5. While the DB is by no means an ugly duckling, the way Sammy has packaged that huge 4.5" screen in that ultra-thin (and surprisingly not huge feeling package) is close to amazing. It just feels great in the hand. 6. The dual core in the Sammy is flat out fast and ultra ultra smooth.

So before the hatemail starts rolling in, I just wanted to say that if you only upgraded to the biopic to get a better phone than what you had, or you really don't expect much in the areas I've cataloged, then by all means keep it (after all it's just my opinion right?). But, on the other hand, if you have a little more stamina and can wait to get the absolute best phone experience available, then ship that puppy back to the store and wait for whatever galaxyesque (yes, I just made that up) phone Sammy sends to Verizon. From what I saw at Sprint today, it will be worth the wait. Don't believe me? Dare to compare.

Edit: Dang you TouchPad autocorrect! That's supposed to be, wait for it......Bionic.

2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I already plan to look hard at whatever the next Samsung Verizon phone turns out to be, but fortunately I'm in a position to keep the Bionic until then. The Bionic isn't a bad phone; I like it a lot. But, I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing.

I really despise TouchWiz though, so I hope it's the Nexus with vanilla Android.

3. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Who the hell would go to Sprint lol and can someone get me a translator im not sure what a biopic is

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. Mustang02

Mustang02 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Maxx
    I think they have pills for that.

Leaving Verizon for Sprint gave me a laugh.

5. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    He's just saying to go to a Sprint store to see Samsung's latest offering, since it should be close to what we'll be getting at Verizon.

Re-read his post carefully.

6. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Touching a public phone in a Sprint store... there's not enough hand sanitizer in the world for that

• Like Like x 1
  7. blackngray70

blackngray70 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was sorta wondering the same thing.

8. brandon9559

brandon9559 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You couldn't give me a one of a kind super phone to leave Verizon for sprint. What a joke.

9. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +248
    Current Phone Model:
    GNote2
    I love this solid smooth classy Moto phone. Well, we'll miss ya in the Bionic forums...

10. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I shall sue you HP for not having 'bionic' in your auto-correct dictionary. Oh wait, there's no return/no support for my TouchPad. And a biopic is like a film biography if I'm not mistaken (again). And and I would never ever go to sprint. Their coverage is horrible. I was just checking out the latest Sammy offering which should be close to, but not quite as good as, the Prime when it comes out (hopefully) in the next couple of months.

11. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    The VZW execs might not be brainless after all because it looks like, although they passed on a gs2 variant, big red will be getting the Nexus Prime (or whatever they choose to call it) which will probably sport up to a 1.5 GHz dual core with a hi def screen of up to 4.65". If not that, then the htc Vigor should do nicely.

12. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    <br><br>The VZW execs might not be brainless after all because it looks like, although they passed on a gs2 variant, big red will be getting the Nexus Prime (or whatever they choose to call it) which will probably sport up to a 1.5 GHz dual core with a hi def screen of up to 4.65". If not that, then the htc Vigor should do nicely.

13. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I love the Bionic.

And if Sprint offered me the Samsung for free and the service for free I'd still stick with the Bionic and Verizon. Sprint is evil.:angry:

14. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +560
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Fixed the thread title for ya. ;)

15. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Come on people...he is not suggesting switching to Sprint.

Search tags for this page

droid pink screen

droid x2 fuzzy screen landscape