Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This from someone on Another Forum . His Name is Joe the Insider and he has the Bionic. This what he has to say so far:

Just got the launch kit today and was able to play with it. I will be doing more playing around later. Initial thoughts. The phone is extremely light and is actually pretty thin. The battery is 1730 mah and is pretty big. The screen is contoured on the edges and it comes with a 16gb microsd card. Power button is in a awkward spot though. Its on the left shoulder of the phone. Its a pretty big phone as well, its along the lines of the charge. I will report back soon on the screen. Start up is ridiculously fast, sound is surprisingly good. The back is plastic like the d3. The camera problem that was widely talked about this the d3 is a NON factor. It boots up right away with no lag. The pentile screen looks a little different, but to be honest I love the pentile screen. More on performance in a bit.Im still waiting for my manager to activate it, then I can do some tests. The glass on the screen is very nice, its hard to explain, but it compliments the actually screen. I want to stress that there is NO redraw. If your not familar with what that is, the d3 has an issue where after closing a app that's pretty heavy on ram or it would have to load all apps and widgets on the screen and it would take about 5 secs before it finished and was extremely annoying. As for the pentile.screen, I am noticing a better looking screen than the d3 and dx. The dark chrome is nice around the screen. Its actually a little lighter than the d3 when it comes to the color of the chrome.

Unfortunately I don't live in a 4g area yet, so this all based around 3g service. I will start running benchmarks and what not once i get it back.
D3/bionic comparison.

You can switch from evdo/lte or just evdo. So yes you can turn off 4g.
Here quadrant scores. Any other ones you guys want me to try.

This is all he has shared so far.

Source

malicious_a

Reaction score
I think im gonna cry..

I have to go to the VZW store after work and see if they can work me into an early upgrade. I want this phone!

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I just virtually giggled.

*customized tapatalk signature*

J5311

Reaction score
I just called my local stores... they never said they have it "in store" but they all had to check if there was a floor model. and one of the reps said that "its not for sale yet." I'll take that as, they have it but cant sell it.....

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems like a solid p-review.

Look forward to some more video reviews cropping up.

spider210

Reaction score
the screen is crappy all pixelated. just played with it at local store.

same screen problem as x2 and droid 3. i like my original droid x screen much much better.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X2's screen is much better than the X1's screen, by a long shot.

Somehow I don't think you "played with it at a local store."

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X2's screen is much better than the X1's screen, by a long shot.

Somehow I don't think you "played with it at a local store."

I definitely beg to differ. I would never own the X2 and one of the big reasons (other than the music skipping issues), is the terrible screen. Brightness does not equal a good screen.

random rom'd X

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid X's screen is the worst of all the Droids, not sure what your angle is here.

What does skipping music have to do with a discussion about screen quality?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will say like someone said at another forum. At THEIR normal viewing distance...the DX2 screen wasnt a problem. Neither was the D3's.

Everyone's different. Just cuz the screen sucks to them doesnt mean it will to you. Just take everyone's opinion as that: opinion. Someone at another forum that actually has the Bionic and is doing extended testing says the screen looks better than the DX2 and D3.

Go figure, right? Its ALL opinion ppl.

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Continued from Earlier Post..

The bionic is thinner than the d3 and also lighter. As for the docks, as far as I know you don't need to get any plans with the docks. Their pretty much sold as an accessory. As for pricing, I was told $299 but don't hold me to that yet.
Here is more scores, I apologize for the quality. These were taken from my d3's camera.

The phone does have a LED light like almost all Motorola phones and yes, the vehicle dock charges the phone.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Preach, have you seen anything about the induction back/charger combo? Haven't seen much about it since all the news has started coming in, but it's something I've been looking forward to.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Preach, have you seen anything about the induction back/charger combo? Haven't seen much about it since all the news has started coming in, but it's something I've been looking forward to.

I was just looking into this as well, but the reviews I read about induction charging say that it's inferior to a normal charging system because it's slower, so I'm kinda on the fence about it...sometimes I don't have 2 hours to charge my phone.