Bionic owners ignore this if you don't care about screen rez/camera/video/benchmarks

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far reading the Epic Touch forums at different sites...the Photon is seen to have better reception, which is almost always one of Motorola strengths. Like cameras is almost always one of Samsung strengths. Like I always say....pick the cons you can live with. For me, reception is a con I cannot live with. Samsung seems to have done good on the GPS issues from before tho, so thats a plus.

If the reception isnt as good as what I've used before ...I might as well get a hand held gaming console, a PMP. I live and work in a bad reception area, so reception is my main concern.

McGyver777

Reaction score
I cannot buy a Samsung product because my last phone was the rogue. I still hate them for putting that POS out and selling me two of them!

So me and my bionic are close mates because my last experience was so bad the bionic could suck and I would not notice. Luckily it is far from it.

Also the bionic does one important thing that all these future phones don't. It is in my hand and being used now. All those other phones you never know when they will be here.

One last thing. As a gadget guy I simply love the fact that the bionic got a 9 out of 10 in fixability from ifixit. Means I can buy broken ones for nothing on Craigs list in near future and repair it on my own if I want.

Rooted and other awesome Dev stuff coming including MOTO being owned by Google! It is only going to get better as time goes on!

I say this about my car too. "She aint perfect but she's mine and I know her inside and out!"

I was a "wait for next big thing" guy for three years! Wanted LTE iPhone. During the wait I began using all Google products to run my business from the cloud...so Android was and is the choice and the bionic is an awesome, if not perfect, phone.

There will always be greener grass somewhere in view, which may or may not be as green as you hoped. Got to learn to live a more zen life and grab some internal happiness every once in a while instead of always looking ahead. Life can pass you by while you live in the future...I'll be playing on my Droid bionic during your wait!
:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love how passionate Bionic owners are....might be more passionate than iPhone owners :)

That's funny...I wouldnt even know how to take that if I was a Bionic owner. lol

Bionic owners, yall are not alone. Some Photon owners feel the exact same way yall do. Funny again that the iPhone was mentioned....Just like with the iPhone on AT&T and when it came to Verizon....The Photon and the EVO 3D isnt getting returned in droves for the Epic Touch. And ppl chose other phones besides the iPhone.

For some reason lately....things I normally say to iPhone fanboys I wind up posting in Android forums about Android phones..oh well. Guess its safe to say Android has arrived in the popularity dept. huh, lol.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Love how passionate Bionic owners are....might be more passionate than iPhone owners :)

Well what do you expect.. The Bionic forums are packed with non Bionic owners hating on the phone relentlessly! I do love the B but I own if off contract so I can jump ship if some super phone parts the red sea and makes me drop to my knees!

BigZig

Reaction score

Not so much forgotten if your still trolling in the bionic fourms because the Prime is not even close to being released.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well what do you expect.. The Bionic forums are packed with non Bionic owners hating on the phone relentlessly! I do love the B but I own if off contract so I can jump ship if some super phone parts the red sea and makes me drop to my knees!

Got mine at best buy so anytime in the next six months I get 350 fit it on their buyback paying the rest out of pocket isn't to bad

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
If you think the Sammy will better fit your needs, then by all means you should get it and I hope it serves you well. Just try not to fall into the trap of "the next phone will be better" because by the time the Sammy comes out...well I'm sure you know the drill. And I think telling other people they should return their Bionic and wait for the Sammy kind of puts people off.
Oh, the next one will always be better and the lively debates will never stop (thank goodness).

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Quad Core 2.3GHz ARM A12 based CPUMobile Graphics chip from AMD2GB of DDR3 1GB of dedicated video RAM4.65" 720p NOVA Infinity Display3.2MP FFC12MP 1080p video with Xenon Flash32GB of internal memoryLTE Advance SupportTo top it all off... A add on projector! Just like the LG Expo.Estimated release date: Q3 2012I think I'll return my Bionic and wait for this amazing phone...
I don't want to be pushy, and even though it will also have a built in slap chop, Q3 2012 is not a reasonable wait time.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Please tell what program the new Samsung will run, that the Bionic won't. It will have a faster cpu, sure. It will have a better screen, sure. The front camera may be better but what videochatting application uses more than VGA? To me that suggests that it will launch my apps a quarter of a second faster. I never look at photos on the screen so while flawed the pentile is sufficient. Will samsung or htc make reliable phones that will be updated? And is the improvement over the Bionic big enough to warrant 6 weeks of OG droid torture? Please answer and convince me to give it back by Friday.
You Sir, have offended my faithful and steadfast OG droid. You would also be someone to whom none of my original points applies. Enjoy a great phone that's perfect for you.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Got mine at best buy so anytime in the next six months I get 350 fit it on their buyback paying the rest out of pocket isn't to badSent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!
If the bionic (yes, I found my touchpad internal dictionary) hadn't come so close (presumably) to the release of these other phones, I would have given that strategy serious consideration.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
doesn't sound good enough, I personally waiting around for the deca-core 6.0 ghz, multidimensional, arm z15 cpuram is outdated as it uses your prefrontal cortex, no screen it simple taps into your occipital lobe,Phone calls are made before you even know you want to make themPhotos are stored in your temporal lobe, video as wellagain app memory is built into your prefrontal cortexAdvanced 4G and 5G support using your cerebellumand to top it all offyou get a built in nfc to share all these with your friends PLUS an ocular implant which can double as a 3D holo-projectorestimated release date: The not to distant futureI think I'm just going to hold my breathe and keep the bionic.
Are there any prototype spy pix?¿

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Wow only another year wait lol..... Idk why ppl make threads in the bionic section suggesting other phones... everyone sees what's coming out and we can go to those forums ourselves... the bionic section shouldnt be flooded w comparisons with phones that don't exist yet..... it only means that the bionic is the best phone out... if ur not happy w the bionic send it back and get something else or wait..... neither of which need to be broadcasted... we all have our needs and expectations which the bionic did or didn't meet... at the end of the day its a cell phone and no one cares if you have the "best" phoneSent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
What's wrong with a little spirited debate. I laughed a lot and enjoyed the exchange with my fellow phone head Bionic owners who I'm sure won't hesitate to rough me up a little bit when they leapfrog me with their next purchase (and I'll enjoy every minute). Participate or not, the choice is yours.