Bionic or Prime no brainer give me a break !

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by alucard9114, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I''ve had Samsung phones in the past, and I liked them. But I also like Motorola... I may wait a little bit after the bionic is released to see the reviews and test it myself. It seems everyone, everywhere is just looking for that perfect combination... and a perfect combination is different for everyone. I want mine to make cotton candy, but dont see it happening.. :)
  2. kmo

kmo New Member

+1... I'm with you, for sure I'm waiting it out. No reason for me to jump on a phone that is coming late to the dinner table IMHO. There will be a slew of devices hitting the Market in the next quarter. I just hope VZW gets the "Prime" (with Google ice cream 4.0 out of the box) because that will be a sweet phone for sure.

3. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

Wait, are we seriously comparing the Bionic to a phone with ZERO confirmed specs or release date?

This is what it boils down to: those who can afford to wait (i.e., their current device is working fine) are more likely to do just that. Those that need a new phone ASAP are more likely to get the Bionic.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  4. Liderc

Liderc New Member

Mostly everything has been covered in the above responses, but I'll add just a few things.

Google hasn't bought Motorola Mobility yet. Even when they do, it would take several months for them to start affecting a large companies way of doing things, especially a company that's thriving like Moto.

The Bionic is unlikely to be affected at all, could they get ICS before other devices? Possibly.

Google also has an interest in not putting(pissing) off other manufacturers, they're a big part of Google's mobile business.

I think you're seeing this as a "company merger", it's not, a company bought out another company, they aren't merging, they will still exist separately as they did before.

Google's largest interest in this purchase was gaining Motorola Mobilities patent portfolio, simple as that.

While I agree Samsung's plastic devices do leave something to be desired, they have been doing a good job of producing new tech at an alarming rate, which I think is important.

Their screens are also top notch, which is important to a lot of us.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  5. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Only one of those is might not happen.

1. The prime will most likely be thinner because its samsung. They make everything super thin yet super powerful.
    2. The Prime will be pure ICS. There is no debate about this one.
    3. The Prime will be the best dev phone because Google will be the one to push out updates and can be easily unlocked. No debate about this on either.
    4. This is personal opinion.
    5. I am pretty sure it will have a faster processor out of the box. Most likely 1.5ghz dual core.

The Samsung camera on there Galaxy S2 will probably be better then the bionics since the bionics camera will probably be the same one from the Droid 3.

I am sure the Prime will have a Super AMOLED Plus HD display which will be better then the bionics because it HD.

So stop trying to make the bionic sound better then the prime when its clearly not.
  6. i can read

i can read New Member

The Bionic actually is better a better phone right now. Until there are actually specs released for it then it technically doesn't exist. When the prime is confirmed then we can compare it to the Bionic. We dont know much about the Bionic except what was on the FCC docs so that stuff is confirmed. When they are both released then we can do the best comparison.
  7. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

No one said that google would put off other companys for anything it just makes perfect since that motorola devices would get them first no closed doors or secrets to moto on upcoming development its going to be the same brand :icon_eek:
  8. Liderc

Liderc New Member

Believe you did. Giving one company priority is "putting off" to the other manufacturers.
  9. brad92

brad92 New Member

And qHD blows indoors!

random rom'd X
  10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

My point also. We don't know it's coming to Verizon. We don't know when. We don't know the specs.

The people who were on the SG II bandwagon jumped to this. I'm just getting the Bionic. It will do more than enough.

11. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

More than enough my thoughts exactly anything more with the aps that are out now is just over kill for a phone:)
  12. EFGantry

EFGantry New Member

if the Bionic meets your needs, that's fine/great. but, i thought that the tenor of the thread was "calling out" people who may be waiting to see what else comes out in a few weeks (Prime, DHD, Vigor, etc). if you don't want to wait, that's fine - but if others prefer to wait, and maybe get something more to their liking, why would you care??
  13. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

This thread is about why would you wait when Bionic has a better brighter screen than anything out its motoogle phone lte verizon Droid line 1080p video 1gb ram
    16gb on board mem 16gb sd great costco offer great reported battery life
  14. nikecar

nikecar New Member

Get the phone that suits your needs. For many people its Samsung. For others its MOTO, others its HTC.

If you need a phone now, get what is afordable, comfortable, has the features you want.

I passed.over more powerful spec'd units because I didn't need 4g nor cared if I could root it or not or was .25" bigger.

If you wait for the best, you will be waiting a long time. To knock one over the other on your opinion is foolish

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
  15. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

If u want a great camera get a camera .. if you want a great music player get a music player... if you want a great phone that takes advantage of social networking like blur get a Motorola

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  16. nikecar

nikecar New Member

If you want to whine about your MOTO Droid , get a moto

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
  17. EFGantry

EFGantry New Member

oh, i see.... well, i answered that question in post #3. you've made it clear why you want to get the Bionic, and i've stated why i'm going to "wait and see" before i plunk down 300 bones for a phone i'm going to be stuck with for 2 years. i'm sure you'll love the Bionic - it's gonna be a nice device.
  18. brad92

brad92 New Member

Hopefully it has an automatic punctuation corrector too. Geez.

And brighter does not make a screen better. Thats a fail.

random rom'd X
  19. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Active Member

I'm excited for what's out next year this time for my upgrade..bionic to the 2nd power anyone? Lol then a year later I will be watching another thread of the newest device to the 3rd and we will be in the same boat were in now...lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  20. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

Absolutely.. ppl will complain no matter how good it is but the ppl that keep waiting and waiting for the next best phone will sit there with the oldest phone for eternity... every 6 months there's a better phone no matter how u look at it... come sept 8th ill be happy with a bionic for the next year and a half then upgrade

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

droid prime vs bionic