Bionic or Prime no brainer give me a break !

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's time to just walk away from this thread.

Trolls gonna Troll

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
i doubt it will be weeks, but it will most likely happen. but even if that's true, there's several reasons people would choose to go with the Prime over the Bionic:

1. Prime is thinner
2. Prime is pure Google, no Blur
3. Prime is dev'r phone, so don't have to go thru hoops to root and unlock, and don't have to worry about bricking.
4. Super AMOLED HD screen vs. pentile qHD (this is personal preference, not "better", but some people would prefer it)
5. faster processor out of the box.

i'm not saying the Prime is better than Bionic (altho, i rank it higher, personally), but i don't think you can say that there isn't any reason to consider the Prime over the Bionic.

all rumor Bionic has video on it in use and will it be coming to verizon? also its samsung and if its amoled you cant see it in the sunlight sooooo:icon_eek:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I''ve had Samsung phones in the past, and I liked them. But I also like Motorola... I may wait a little bit after the bionic is released to see the reviews and test it myself. It seems everyone, everywhere is just looking for that perfect combination... and a perfect combination is different for everyone. I want mine to make cotton candy, but dont see it happening.. :)

kmo

Reaction score
+1... I'm with you, for sure I'm waiting it out. No reason for me to jump on a phone that is coming late to the dinner table IMHO. There will be a slew of devices hitting the Market in the next quarter. I just hope VZW gets the "Prime" (with Google ice cream 4.0 out of the box) because that will be a sweet phone for sure.

i doubt it will be weeks, but it will most likely happen. but even if that's true, there's several reasons people would choose to go with the Prime over the Bionic:

1. Prime is thinner
2. Prime is pure Google, no Blur
3. Prime is dev'r phone, so don't have to go thru hoops to root and unlock, and don't have to worry about bricking.
4. Super AMOLED HD screen vs. pentile qHD (this is personal preference, not "better", but some people would prefer it)
5. faster processor out of the box.

i'm not saying the Prime is better than Bionic (altho, i rank it higher, personally), but i don't think you can say that there isn't any reason to consider the Prime over the Bionic.

King_Bean

Reaction score
Wait, are we seriously comparing the Bionic to a phone with ZERO confirmed specs or release date?

This is what it boils down to: those who can afford to wait (i.e., their current device is working fine) are more likely to do just that. Those that need a new phone ASAP are more likely to get the Bionic.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung phones are crap go to a store and pick up any samsung phone smartphone or not motorola phones are built way better.Motorola phones will last even if you dont take care of them qhd screens will last longer than a super amoled.If google buys a company why in the hell would they not give that company priority over a company they dont own answer that question for me please without a stupid answer.After bionic is rooted there will be no stopping it also it has a better camera 8mp with 1080p video motorola cameras are great also so dont geve me the line where it depnds on the camera if the prime has a 5mp camera there is no way in hell samsung will come up with a camera that trumps a motorola phone camera even if they make there own digital cameras there phone hardware is crap.:)

Mostly everything has been covered in the above responses, but I'll add just a few things.

Google hasn't bought Motorola Mobility yet. Even when they do, it would take several months for them to start affecting a large companies way of doing things, especially a company that's thriving like Moto.

The Bionic is unlikely to be affected at all, could they get ICS before other devices? Possibly.

Google also has an interest in not putting(pissing) off other manufacturers, they're a big part of Google's mobile business.

I think you're seeing this as a "company merger", it's not, a company bought out another company, they aren't merging, they will still exist separately as they did before.

Google's largest interest in this purchase was gaining Motorola Mobilities patent portfolio, simple as that.

While I agree Samsung's plastic devices do leave something to be desired, they have been doing a good job of producing new tech at an alarming rate, which I think is important.

Their screens are also top notch, which is important to a lot of us.

Last edited:

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
all rumor Bionic has video on it in use and will it be coming to verizon? also its samsung and if its amoled you cant see it in the sunlight sooooo:icon_eek:

Only one of those is might not happen.

1. The prime will most likely be thinner because its samsung. They make everything super thin yet super powerful.
2. The Prime will be pure ICS. There is no debate about this one.
3. The Prime will be the best dev phone because Google will be the one to push out updates and can be easily unlocked. No debate about this on either.
4. This is personal opinion.
5. I am pretty sure it will have a faster processor out of the box. Most likely 1.5ghz dual core.

The Samsung camera on there Galaxy S2 will probably be better then the bionics since the bionics camera will probably be the same one from the Droid 3.

I am sure the Prime will have a Super AMOLED Plus HD display which will be better then the bionics because it HD.

So stop trying to make the bionic sound better then the prime when its clearly not.

i can read

Reaction score
Only one of those is might not happen.

1. The prime will most likely be thinner because its samsung. They make everything super thin yet super powerful.
2. The Prime will be pure ICS. There is no debate about this one.
3. The Prime will be the best dev phone because Google will be the one to push out updates and can be easily unlocked. No debate about this on either.
4. This is personal opinion.
5. I am pretty sure it will have a faster processor out of the box. Most likely 1.5ghz dual core.

The Samsung camera on there Galaxy S2 will probably be better then the bionics since the bionics camera will probably be the same one from the Droid 3.

I am sure the Prime will have a Super AMOLED Plus HD display which will be better then the bionics because it HD.

So stop trying to make the bionic sound better then the prime when its clearly not.

The Bionic actually is better a better phone right now. Until there are actually specs released for it then it technically doesn't exist. When the prime is confirmed then we can compare it to the Bionic. We dont know much about the Bionic except what was on the FCC docs so that stuff is confirmed. When they are both released then we can do the best comparison.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
No one said that google would put off other companys for anything it just makes perfect since that motorola devices would get them first no closed doors or secrets to moto on upcoming development its going to be the same brand :icon_eek:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one said that google would put off other companys for anything it just makes perfect since that motorola devices would get them first no closed doors or secrets to moto on upcoming development its going to be the same brand :icon_eek:
If google buys a company why in the hell would they not give that company priority over a company they dont own answer that question for me please without a stupid answer.

Believe you did. Giving one company priority is "putting off" to the other manufacturers.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My point also. We don't know it's coming to Verizon. We don't know when. We don't know the specs.

The people who were on the SG II bandwagon jumped to this. I'm just getting the Bionic. It will do more than enough.

The Bionic actually is better a better phone right now. Until there are actually specs released for it then it technically doesn't exist. When the prime is confirmed then we can compare it to the Bionic. We dont know much about the Bionic except what was on the FCC docs so that stuff is confirmed. When they are both released then we can do the best comparison.