What Google Buying Motorola Could Mean for the Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Preach2k, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    This is a nice Article I found of How the Merger With Google And Motorola Could Mean for The Bionic...

Source
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

That seems believable, possible. I just cant wait to see happens over the next few years.
  3. tcayton49

tcayton49 New Member

I'm gonna have to disagree with this article. I don't think this acquisition will effect the Bionic at all. ICS may be coming as soon as October. Obviously the Bionic won't get it day one, but I'm pretty sure it will come rather quickly. Moto has already delayed the phone, I cant imagine them delaying ICS too-talk about a PR nightmare. Moto has already said they will be making bootloaders unlockable late this year. I would be incredibly surprised to not see some kind of HTC type online unlocking before year end. Point being, I think both of those things will happen before this acquisition is finalized. That may not happen until early next year and I expect both ICS and unlockable bootloaders well before then.
  4. Liderc

Liderc New Member

As much as I'd like to believe this nice idea, I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a bit. Google JUST completed this deal. These things take ages to finalize. It's unlikely we'll even see Google having their hand in anything Motorola Mobility does for at least a year, if they even attempt to change anything. These deals aren't usually made so one company can completely change the other, especially one that's been thriving, they're most likely after Moto's massive patent portfolio for future mobile expansion. Is it possible we'll see ICS before other phones do? maybe.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  5. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

I've been through an acquisition before and you're right there's confusion for weeks. Projects in the pipe line have to go through. Later they may get sabotaged, but isn't the Bionic past all this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk