Droid Bionic, Iphone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Google Nexus Prime

Nimazahir

Reaction score
Which of these phones are you guys going to get: Droid Bionic, Iphone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Google Nexus Prime?

I think Motorola took to long for the Bionic and it is loosing a lot of steam, unless it comes out by Aug 4th then I probably wont get it.

The iphone 5 might come with A5 chip with dual core processor atleast 1.2 GHz, an 8mp camera, and 1080p resolution for videos. The iphone 5 will probably come out in mid September. If the iphone 5 has no 4g it will be a no for me.

If the Galaxy 2 comes in mid august and has 4g I may get it.

The Google Nexus Prime will probably come in late November or Early December, which is a long time to wait for, but it will run on Android Ice Cream Sandwhich.

I will probably end up getting the iphone 5

ronimous

Reaction score
I had an original Iphone at launch and an original Droid at launch.

I'm firmly in the Droid camp. I mainly want 4G, the mobile hotspot since I can't get broadband where I live, and HDMI mirroring.

If the Bionic slips to September and the Iphone 5 looks tasty, I may make the switch.

Engineer_900

Reaction score
Hmmm... good thread.

Iphone 5 - lots of apple fans will get this. Solid phone, but if it lacks 4G I already consider it pointless to buy.
SG2 - probably the best phone for performance enthusiast. Still skeptical about samsung+4g though...
Nexus Prime - new OS and should be interesting to see how the phone performs when compared to others. Still got some time to wait though.
Bionic - motorola always delivers and it will be great to see how 4g+motorola+dualcore all play out. I think this phone will be a huge success for VZW, moto, and many smartphone users.

time will tell since it is still too early.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Hmmm... good thread.

Iphone 5 - lots of apple fans will get this. Solid phone, but if it lacks 4G I already consider it pointless to buy.
SG2 - probably the best phone for performance enthusiast. Still skeptical about samsung+4g though...
Nexus Prime - new OS and should be interesting to see how the phone performs when compared to others. Still got some time to wait though.
Bionic - motorola always delivers and it will be great to see how 4g+motorola+dualcore all play out. I think this phone will be a huge success for VZW, moto, and many smartphone users.

how much time do you think? will it most likely be released before the end of the year??

right now, Prime is 1A and Bionic is 1B. but, if Prime isn't here before the end of the year, those would flip-flop. if Prime isn't at least confirmed for Q1, then i'll probly get the Bionic.

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I could never go back to an iPhone...I can't stand them.

So the Nexus Prime rumors look good, but who knows when it'll release.
I guess the same could be said for all three of them!

But I would say GS2...

Engineer_900

Reaction score
Hmmm... good thread.

how much time do you think? will it most likely be released before the end of the year??

right now, Prime is 1A and Bionic is 1B. but, if Prime isn't here before the end of the year, those would flip-flop. if Prime isn't at least confirmed for Q1, then i'll probly get the Bionic.

Even if I knew, there is too many factors that can change release dates. Google are the only ones who know the timeline at this point. Vendors set the release date and verizon just make sure the phones work on their network. The better question is... how reliable is google at setting release dates?.....

bplewis24

Reaction score
IF the SGSII has no LTE and IF the Bionic is pushed back to Sept 1 and IF the Nexus Prime rumors are true (Oct 15, LTE, etc), then I would wait for the Nexus Prime.

If the Bionic comes out August 4th, that may change.

Brandon

EFGantry

Reaction score
Hmmm... good thread.

Even if I knew, there is too many factors that can change release dates. Google are the only ones who know the timeline at this point. Vendors set the release date and verizon just make sure the phones work on their network. The better question is... how reliable is google at setting release dates?.....

you sound more like a lawyer than an engineer... lol :icon_ banana:
thanks for the input, tho! :)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I wonder how phone with this 720p screen on the Nexus Prime will score in benchmarks. Since the higher screen resolutions score lower.

BTW if your wondering why the GS2 has really high benchmarks its probably because most dual core phones have higher resolutions than the GS2's 800x480.

Not that benchmarks mean much.

sqchram

Reaction score
For comparison you should post the same question on an apple forum. Me? I'm gonna hold out for the nexus prime 3 its way better than the bionic, ip5, and gs2 combined!

OP
N

Nimazahir

Reaction score
IF the SGSII has no LTE and IF the Bionic is pushed back to Sept 1 and IF the Nexus Prime rumors are true (Oct 15, LTE, etc), then I would wait for the Nexus Prime.

If the Bionic comes out August 4th, that may change.

Brandon
Prime will probably come in late November or December

bplewis24

Reaction score

A2Aegis

Reaction score
I've been favoring the Nexus lately in terms of what phone I want. My upgrade isn't until November, so hopefully it'll be out around then.

rayw796

Reaction score
My intent is to get either the Bionic (1) or SGSII (2) depending on which comes out first. I am not going to continue waiting. I can always look again in 20 months!