Droid Bionic, Iphone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Google Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Nimazahir, Jul 27, 2011.

1. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Exactly. Not to mention, I doubt they use the same size chip for a tablet when they can space it out more due to the option of being able to do that.

2. GBH2

GBH2 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Also placement, orientation and proximity to other components and the interaction of the electromagnetic fields surrounding the components and their effect on operation of components and antennas.

3. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very good points.

The bottom line is that eventually there will be Qualcomm chipsets with the LTE radio built into the SoC, saving some space. But the first generation LTE radios are separate and are bigger, just like in any other silicon/chip technology... they will get smaller over time.

Brandon

4. wseyller

wseyller Member

Ratings:
    +8

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  5. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +43
    Granted I've never installed or even held a 4G LTE radio in my hand, but I've built computers for over 15 years and I have a hard time believing they stack 4G LTE radios to save space. So honestly, these are all just guesses, as I've yet to see someone post a picture of a 4G LTE radio.

Another thing, they most likely built 4G LTE radios for phones first, before the tablets. Since building a new one just for the tablet would cost millions in R&D, wouldn't it be more likely that they would use the 4G LTE radio they had already developed for phones in their tablets to save money?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  6. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    moto always delivers? ummm i beg to differ. they already messed up a dual core phone on 3g. i have my doubts about getting it right on 4g but im hoping. cant wait to get rid of my pos X2.

7. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Here's something...at this moment, iPhone users *can't* even set a custom ringtone/alert sound, whereas we....can. Droid does in a world that doesn't :laugh:

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

8. bonesjones

bonesjones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    God...to think of owning an iphone sickens

9. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was being a tad bit generic when talking about stacking. Basically, to fit things inside that small of a package, there are some things like DRAM stacked to make space for more radios, and the PCB is thicker. I'll let Anandtech get specific: AnandTech - LG Optimus 2X & NVIDIA Tegra 2 Review: The First Dual-Core Smartphone

If we look at the Thunderbolt's thickness, it's because they packed in dual radios (for 3G data & voice) plus an LTE radio:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So the PCB had to be longer, making the device have to be thicker in order to include the battery over the top of the PCB, instead of alongside it.

Brandon

10. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This remains to be seen. The SII is the cream of the Android crop at the moment. A lot of Droid-ers like myself, whose contracts are expiring about now, will probably get the SII because of its impeccable reviews, and impatience. By the time the Bionic rolls around, it'll be snapping up new customers but not too many renewals.

11. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a feeling the ad campaign for the Bionic will be huge, and most mainstream consumers that don't follow these types of boards know the Motorola brand. I think that makes the Bionic a more mainstream phone than the Galaxy S II, but as you said it remains to be seen.

Brandon

12. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Yea the Droid advertising for the Bionic will be the wild card. And seeing as how the DX2 and D3 havent been in any Droid commercials yet that I know of.....I can see a big Droid marketing campaign coming up after the Bionic launches.

13. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    right now its just names and brands... no specs, prices or release dates on any of them that I know of

are these all going to vze? and if the gs2 is the same as the global I don't see them fitting in a 4g in that slim phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

14. NittanyLion4life

NittanyLion4life Member

Ratings:
    +0
  15. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This is a load of B.S. based on nothing. Call me crazy be we haven't seen anything about the Verizon GS2 passing any FCC testing. Less than 10 days away from launch and no screenshots or pictures or anything? The GS2 is not coming out for Verizon in August. Even if by some miracle they do rush one out it's not going to have an LTE radio in it. We'll just have to wait for the Bionic and be happy with whatever hardware is in it.

Search tags for this page
disassembled galaxy s2
galaxy nexus circuit board

galaxy s2 circuit board

galaxy s2 cpu

galaxy s2 pcb

nexus 4 vs droid bionic
pcb galaxy fit
pcb of galaxy s2
smartphone circuit board
statschippack customers