Bionic or Prime no brainer give me a break !

alucard9114

Reaction score
With the google motorola merger why would you even think about getting a Samsung phone? weeks after the Bionic comes out it will be rooted and have ics guaranteed you heard it here first from Dracula.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, where do these outrageous threads come from?

All I'm going to say is that the Google & Moto merger won't influence either phone because they will still act as two separate companies. And secondly, how do you compare two phones (neither of which are out, and we don't even know the specs of the Prime) that are totally different?

EFGantry

Reaction score
i doubt it will be weeks, but it will most likely happen. but even if that's true, there's several reasons people would choose to go with the Prime over the Bionic:

1. Prime is thinner
2. Prime is pure Google, no Blur
3. Prime is dev'r phone, so don't have to go thru hoops to root and unlock, and don't have to worry about bricking.
4. Super AMOLED HD screen vs. pentile qHD (this is personal preference, not "better", but some people would prefer it)
5. faster processor out of the box.

i'm not saying the Prime is better than Bionic (altho, i rank it higher, personally), but i don't think you can say that there isn't any reason to consider the Prime over the Bionic.

tcayton49

Reaction score
With the google motorola merger why would you even think about getting a Samsung phone? weeks after the Bionic comes out it will be rooted and have ics guaranteed you heard it here first from Dracula.

Google hasn't bought Moto yet. They've agreed to terms, but it hasn't been finalized.
And some people just like Sammy phones. Just like some people like Moto and some like HTC

EFGantry

Reaction score
Google hasn't bought Moto yet. They've agreed to terms, but it hasn't been finalized.
And some people just like Sammy phones. Just like some people like Moto and some like HTC

good point, as well. i actually prefer Moto devices. but, a Nexus device (with those specs) seems awfully hard to pass up, even if it is a Sammy. the only thing that would make me pass on the Prime would be the Moto Droid HD, and that's because of my preference for Moto devices.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Samsung phones are crap go to a store and pick up any samsung phone smartphone or not motorola phones are built way better.Motorola phones will last even if you dont take care of them qhd screens will last longer than a super amoled.If google buys a company why in the hell would they not give that company priority over a company they dont own answer that question for me please without a stupid answer.After bionic is rooted there will be no stopping it also it has a better camera 8mp with 1080p video motorola cameras are great also so dont geve me the line where it depnds on the camera if the prime has a 5mp camera there is no way in hell samsung will come up with a camera that trumps a motorola phone camera even if they make there own digital cameras there phone hardware is crap.:)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung phones are crap go to a store and pick up any samsung phone smartphone or not motorola phones are built way better.Motorola phones will last even if you dont take care of them qhd screens will last longer than a super amoled.If google buys a company why in the hell would they not give that company priority over a company they dont own answer that question for me please without a stupid answer.After bionic is rooted there will be no stopping it also it has a better camera 8mp with 1080p video motorola cameras are great also so dont geve me the line where it depnds on the camera if the prime has a 5mp camera there is no way in hell samsung will come up with a camera that trumps a motorola phone camera even if they make there own digital cameras there phone hardware is crap.:)

I like Samsung phones. I just don't like the little hump outward that are on the bottom of their phones. But this is one very biased post. Google won't show preference because Google and Moto will act as two separate companie once the merger is completed. And they won't give Moto priority because of a thing called competition. Competition between the different Android handset makers and between competiting OS's. If Google favors Moto, it gives less less options for the consumer to choose an Android phone, which in turn, could make them choose another OS that suites their liking.

Last edited:

EFGantry

Reaction score

well, most of that is just personal opinion. you are certainly entitled to it, but it's just that - opinion.

as for a non-stupid answer to your question, bolded above, here it is: because Google adamantly stated it wouldn't give personal preference when it came to Nexus devices. when Google announced that it was trying to buy Moto, many people raised the question of Nexus devices, and whether Moto would have the inside track. Google responded by saying that it has a process for releasing Nexus devices: Google gives specs to the OEMs at the end of the year; the OEMs build/design devices with those specs; Google selects the device it wants; and the device is released at the end of the following year. Google then said that this process won't change, even after it buys Moto.

djhuang

Reaction score

Maybe the samsung phones that you've looked at are crap but it doesn't mean they all are. Haven't you heard of the Samsung Galaxy S II? It is considered by many to be the best smartphone currently out. What makes you think that qhd screens will last longer than a super amoled? Especially to the point where it'll actually have an impact on the 2-3 years max that you'll keep your phone?

Motorola makes an 8mp with 1080p video camera - so does Samsung. They have it in their Galaxy S II and reviews have stated that the S II camera blows away all current Moto 8mp cameras. P.S. if you know anything about cameras, the # next to the megapixels don't mean everything and it's far from being the only factor from determining whether it's better than another camera or not.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Anyone who assumes it's coming to Verizon is a fool.

LOL!!! lemme get this straight: P3droid, Phil Nickinson, BMX/Panda, etc, etc are all fools?!?! thanks, i needed that laugh!!! :rofl2:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
i doubt it will be weeks, but it will most likely happen. but even if that's true, there's several reasons people would choose to go with the Prime over the Bionic:

1. Prime is thinner
2. Prime is pure Google, no Blur
3. Prime is dev'r phone, so don't have to go thru hoops to root and unlock, and don't have to worry about bricking.
4. Super AMOLED HD screen vs. pentile qHD (this is personal preference, not "better", but some people would prefer it)
5. faster processor out of the box.

i'm not saying the Prime is better than Bionic (altho, i rank it higher, personally), but i don't think you can say that there isn't any reason to consider the Prime over the Bionic.

You hit the nail on the head. I will buy this if it comes to Verizon.

random rom'd X