Best Verizon Android Phone

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last 2 posts shows there are some real uses for a FFC besides phone sex and self pics to posts on Facebook...lol

I would assume in both cases in the 2 posts above the other folks would have to have a web cam for the PC or something?

sdandya

Reaction score
I've been studying my opts for my upgrade here from the DROID I. From ur great synopsis looks like I sh. just wait for BIONIC. But I would like ur opinion of waiting perhaps then for the iPhone 5. What do u think?

Zecpull

Reaction score
If your Military,, I would suggest the GZone Droid.. Great Specs.. and You can always use a Mirror for those Family Skypes. It does work..

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm considering leaving verizon to go to sprint for the evo 3d verizon just isn't putting anything great out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

fused2explode

Reaction score
KenjiWB said:
I do not buy phones off contract to 'hold me over' until the next best wave comes out. So it is in my best interest to get the most complete, most future proof device that I can to last me 2 years.

With that said, I am waiting anxiously for the Bionic, hopefully it turns out to be everything Im hopin for!:icon_ banana:

You should think about buying something to "hold you over" considering the general consensus is if you don't buy a 4g phone by the end of summer you will be paying tiered data prices forever after ($30-$35 / 2GB) ($45 / 4GB)

F2E

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk Pro

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You should think about buying something to "hold you over" considering the general consensus is if you don't buy a 4g phone by the end of summer you will be paying tiered data prices forever after ($30-$35 / 2GB) ($45 / 4GB)

I'd add the caveat that there's absolutely nothing to force VZW to grandfather people into perpetuity, much less not throttle people. If they throttle at a low enough speed the "unlimited" data is pretty worthless.

Probably 80% or more of users consume less than 1gig of data. Caps are a non-issue for the vast majority of people.

fused2explode

Reaction score

I'd add the caveat that there's absolutely nothing to force VZW to grandfather people into perpetuity, much less not throttle people. If they throttle at a low enough speed the "unlimited" data is pretty worthless.

Probably 80% or more of users consume less than 1gig of data. Caps are a non-issue for the vast majority of people.

Yep, they don't have to, but they will. I have a friend who works at VZW corporate, he's saying they will. I use an average of 6 gigs / mo, although I'm sure its gone up since streaming Netflix started. I think if that last statistic was true they wouldn't be bothering with throttling and caps.

F2E

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk Pro

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think if that last statistic was true they wouldn't be bothering with throttling and caps.

It is true. Surveys, granted almost a year old now, show the average user around 400-500megs. I'm usually on wifi and rarely go over 1gig, and most months I'm probably around 500megs.

People like you using 6 gigs are using 12X what the average or median user does, so it's pretty obvious why they'd want to throttle those people.

VZW isn't going to just sit on their hands while tens of thousands of users on unlimited LTE rack up 10-20 gigs a month.

Not to mention, if they also have speed tiers who's to say the grandfathered unlimited tier isn't going to be a 3G speed, if not slower? I'd feel like a real sucker buying a phone I don't want or need in that scenario.

TaubBaer

Reaction score
I am not understanding the need for a Forward facing Camera....do you guys do Phone sex , that much. I bought the X2.. It smokes all the other phones in all the tests. LTE is not perfected in any phone right now.. and not available in my area until mid 2012. The X2 is the Best phone, in that it is a Dual Core, and it has the best Screen, and HDMI out, The Camera is Much improved over the DX..

lol

I thought maybe it would get used alot for self pics to post online. But how good would the pic be?
And lot of deaf people use forward facing cameras for videophone, point to point views. That way they can use their sign languages to talk to other deaf people.

John18

Reaction score
i'm waiting for either the function (galaxy s II) or the bionic

sdandya

Reaction score
Bionic or Function

That's me too. I created a spreadsheet with all my possibilities (on Verizon) and that is my conclusion! Bionic or Samsung Galaxie s2 (Function). Dont cha wonder which one will come out first? I think they'll be big competitors.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I've been tempted to go early with the droid x2.
I've been waiting on the Bionic but I won't have 4g here for quite some time.
I don't use a front facing camera.. it might be fun from time to time but not required.

What I did think though was that the Bionic was supposed to have the "Gorilla Glass" front. Is it supposed to?
And does the x2 have it?

Also, what about the ram on this phone comparative to what is projected to be on the Bionic?

Also, has anyone tried to install the SPB mobile shell interface for Android on their phone and how does it work?

Right now I'm still using my winmo 6.5 and have the SPB shell on there and like it much better. I'm wondering how that will install over motoblur, now that there is a version for Android.

Also, typically how long will Motorola/Verizon take before this droid x2 upgrades to Gingerbread?

Thanks so much!

Last edited: