Coming back to andriod. Which phone should I get?

Snoking

Reaction score
Go to a VZW store and play with them all until you decide which one you like the best. I did that several times in Jan/Feb and got the Rezound, then the extended batt. Very happy 6 months later. How the phone fits in ones hand is important. The Razz sucked in that department and I wanted a removable battery. Relevant? Who cares I will enjoy this phone for a few years along with my unlimited data plan. Rezound is currently 79.99! Nexus is 99.99! Both good deals. One can spend 200-300 for the latest and greatest and in a month or two there will be a new latest and greatest.

iamjoe

Reaction score
The s3 seems to the 'it' phone right now. YOu don't need a keyboard. Swype is way cool and you'll be using it in no time at all. The nexus is a good pic for getting updates first, but hey, you don't know what you're missing if you don't have it (bionic and ICS)

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Which phone do you all think will stay relevant longer, the rezound or the nexus?

The Rezound has been out since December I think...so it's been out for 10 months already.
The Nexus is newer and therefore will stay relevant longer. Plus it should get updates quicker (even though it's not truly vanilla Android).

FWIW, the Rezound is now finally on ICS, which has been great. Will it get Jelly Bean? Who knows? It could definitely run it no problem, but it took a while for ICS to get to it. It wasn't because of HTC though, word is that it had been done and ready to go for a while, but Verizon was sitting on it until some of their "Droid" line of phones got it first.
If it gets Jelly Bean, it won't be for a long time.

The Rezound is also a slightly thicker phone, if having a "thin" phone is your thing.
Keep in mind that some thin phones don't have a removable battery. So if your battery starts to malfunction, you're out of luck. That also means no extended battery options.
Personally, not having a removable battery is a deal breaker for me.

Going to the Verizon store and trying out the phones is a must if you want to make a truly informed decision. Hands on experience generally means a lot more than someone else's opinion on if they like the phone or not. And don't let the Verizon employees pursuade you into a certain phone. Sure, there are probably some helpful folks there, but in general, the information you can get here and other reputable sites online is vastly more superior and credible.

For me, the Rezound was the right choice. After a couple months of use, I am still very happy with my decision...and my in depth research was worth it. But for you, the right phone may be the SIII or the Nexus or some other phone since each one is a little different.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
The s3 seems to the 'it' phone right now. YOu don't need a keyboard. Swype is way cool and you'll be using it in no time at all. The nexus is a good pic for getting updates first, but hey, you don't know what you're missing if you don't have it (bionic and ICS)

I tried Swype. It wasn't for me.
But I know some folks who love it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm with Xander, definitely figure what's important to you in a phone. One thing is the Nexus was released in Dec as well, but maybe a week or two later than the Rezound, but support for Nexus is (may be bias here) stronger than the Rezound. The Nexus has JB and the Rezound finally got ICS about a week or two ago I believe.

They both has very good screen quality. Both have a good selling price right now and both have very fast processing speeds. You really can't go wrong with either. However, I must say, if you're into ROMs, then Nexus may be the way to go, especially if you want some solid JB ROMs.

That being said, I highly recommend you get some hands-on time with these two devices you are considering. They are both very good phones and I had a Rezound for about a week, but ended up going back to my Nexus, same with the s3. The top phones offered on Verizon can all compete with one another and all do something better or worse.

My91sho

Reaction score
I went from the DROID X to the RAZR Maxx and absolutely love it. My uncle went with the cats pajamas galaxy and is incredibly jealous of my Maxx.

No brainer for me...spend the extra $100, you'll love it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My91sho said:
I went from the DROID X to the RAZR Maxx and absolutely love it. My uncle went with the cats pajamas galaxy and is incredibly jealous of my Maxx.

No brainer for me...spend the extra $100, you'll love it

Tell your uncle a out this forum and we'll start him on the right path to loving his phone:p