NEWBIE HERE...need help deciding which droid to get

meatbeater

Reaction score
main concern is battery life. i have verizon. which droid has the best battery life? also what is the best droid overall right now? i'm thinking about the droid 2. or should i hold off if theres a new one coming out soon? also how much will the exteneded battery help the droid 2? it doesnt seem like it makes it that much thicker.

Last edited:

minger

Reaction score
It will help and not make it much bigger. Worst comes gto worst replacement batteries are like 4 bucks. Dx and droid 2 get decent battery life if I remember right, except for the first few days when you'll be playing with it nonstop

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Hey and welcome to the forum!

The best battery life, right now, goes to the Droid X. It's said to be phenomenal. Although the Samsung Fascinate could certainly compete with it. As for what to buy, it really depends on what you want. Do you need the physical keyboard? Do you care about screen size? Do you want to root and mod your phone? All things to consider.

There will be a whole mess of phones coming out, supposedly, early next year, but I know waiting is torturous. I would go play with each phone in the store and see which ones suit your needs. If you are a patient person though, the next generation of phones are gonna be pretty amazing :).

OP
M

meatbeater

Reaction score
Do you think the new phones coming out will be mch better than the droid 2? Ill wait if its worth it, I prefer to have a keybaord.

Aram58

Reaction score
Physical keyboards are slowly dieing. The badass dual core phones that are coming out next year probably won't have keyboards.

Sent from my stunning rooted droid using tapatalk.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Do you think the new phones coming out will be mch better than the droid 2? Ill wait if its worth it, I prefer to have a keybaord.

Well the HTC Merge that was supposed to come out this year should be releasing early in the year. It wont be dual core as far as i know, but it'll have a newer processor and will be similar to the G2 on tmobile with a physical keyboard. Dual core phones would be worth waiting for, but as stated most of then wont have physical keyboards. At least not right away. The merge looks nicer than the Droid 2 in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

slacker0503

Reaction score

Well the HTC Merge that was supposed to come out this year should be releasing early in the year. It wont be dual core as far as i know, but it'll have a newer processor and will be similar to the G2 on tmobile with a physical keyboard. Dual core phones would be worth waiting for, but as stated most of then wont have physical keyboards. At least not right away. The merge looks nicer than the Droid 2 in my opinion.

Wasn't there some rumor about the solana on this forum? Basically like the etna with a keyboard. If that's real you'll prob have to wait till at least the summer though

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dispatch1054

Reaction score

Wasn't there some rumor about the solana on this forum? Basically like the etna with a keyboard. If that's real you'll prob have to wait till at least the summer though

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ahhh that's right! Good thinking. That completely slipped my mind. You're right though. Dates for these things aren't certain so you may be waiting on that one for a little while.