Coming back to andriod. Which phone should I get?

jourdannick

Reaction score
I switched to an iphone and now I am coming back to android, which phone should I get? What are the best/nicest ones out there right now? I'm on verizon.

nivag

Reaction score
Id probably say the galaxy s3 right now. Unless having os updates first is important then get a galaxy nexus. Which i wish i had waited for instead of getting a bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jourdannick

Reaction score
How does the Droid 4 compare to those? I like the keyboard.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
D4 is definitely a top phone and you really can't go wrong with any others.

I highly recommend you go to the store and check them out yourself.

nivag

Reaction score
If your into a physical keyboard than the Droid 4 is probably the best phone on any carrier. Imho but i personally find a physical keyboard unnecessary, i use Swype and i couldn't be happier.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your into a physical keyboard than the Droid 4 is probably the best phone on any carrier. Imho but i personally find a physical keyboard unnecessary, i use Swype and i couldn't be happier.

Agreed. If I had my choice right now, I would only go with either the S3 or the Razr Maxx.

Oooorrrrr, maybe you should get an S3 and trade it for a slighty used Droid Bionic, preferably with one tiny nick in the case. Leaked ICE would be a plus. If you are interested, let me know. I might be able to find a sucker willing to make that trade!! :biggrin:

OP
J

jourdannick

Reaction score
Agreed. If I had my choice right now, I would only go with either the S3 or the Razr Maxx.

Oooorrrrr, maybe you should get an S3 and trade it for a slighty used Droid Bionic, preferably with one tiny nick in the case. Leaked ICE would be a plus. If you are interested, let me know. I might be able to find a sucker willing to make that trade!! :biggrin:
Why do you not like the D4? The only reason I'm asking about the Droid 4 is because it is only 100 dollars while the S3 and Razr Maxx are 200.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't really care for the physical keyboard. I did not use it on the og and didn't want it on my Bionic. The Razr Maxx and especially the S3 are super slim becasue they do no have the keyboard. Eventually, I am going to either get the S3 or wait for the Razr HD.

That said, I played with the D4 in the store and it is a sweet phone. Functionally, I would put it up against either of the other two phones. It really comes down to a keyboard preference.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hated the keyboard on the OG Droid and even the D3 keyboard still needed some work. The d4 keyboard is perfect imo. However, I've gotten used to touchscreen keyboards the past 3 years and will never go to a physical keyboard.

OP
J

jourdannick

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the galaxy nexus? I'd rather spend $99 instead of $200. How long do you think it will be until it is an outdated phone?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the galaxy nexus? I'd rather spend $99 instead of $200. How long do you think it will be until it is an outdated phone?

The Nexus will have support from Google for another year and will likely have dev support far behind that. The new leaked JB radios have also possibly fixed the signal drop problem some suffered from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Each Android phone is a little different...and some are very different. That's the great thing about Android...you can get phone that best suits you. You should go to http://www.gsmarena.com and look at the specs of some of the phones you are interested in.
Browse forums and read what people are saying about each phone (which I guess you are doing now). Also, read reviews done by Engadget, Gizmodo, CNet, various Android fan sites, etc.
Then go to a Verizon store and try them out.
Think about what is important to you then make a pros & cons list for each phone.

Back in June, I did that between the D4, the Rezound, & the Nexus.
I ended up choosing the Rezound...even though I loved the physical keyboard on my old D2. But I don't miss it at all after I had the Rezound for a few days...I actually rather like the virtual keyboard.

At the time, the Rezound was on sale for $80...had some of the best specs of any phone, it had one of the best cameras on any Android phone, it had what many said was the best screen (better than the iPhone), and it had a removable battery and an extended battery option. The stock battery wasn't great (like most smart phones), but I got the extended battery right away and I couldn't be happier with the battery life. I can go 2 full days on a single charge if I wanted.
The Rezound may be the most underrated phone on the market. It's very nice. But newer phones have come out since the Rezound was first released.

What's important to you?
  • High quality screen?
  • Large screen?
  • Phone thickness?
  • High quality camera?
  • Removable battery?
  • Price?
  • JellyBean?
  • Vanilla Android?

OP
J

jourdannick

Reaction score
Each Android phone is a little different...and some are very different. That's the great thing about Android...you can get phone that best suits you. You should go to http://www.gsmarena.com and look at the specs of some of the phones you are interested in.
Browse forums and read what people are saying about each phone (which I guess you are doing now). Also, read reviews done by Engadget, Gizmodo, CNet, various Android fan sites, etc.
Then go to a Verizon store and try them out.
Think about what is important to you then make a pros & cons list for each phone.

Back in June, I did that between the D4, the Rezound, & the Nexus.
I ended up choosing the Rezound...even though I loved the physical keyboard on my old D2. But I don't miss it at all after I had the Rezound for a few days...I actually rather like the virtual keyboard.

At the time, the Rezound was on sale for $80...had some of the best specs of any phone, it had one of the best cameras on any Android phone, it had what many said was the best screen (better than the iPhone), and it had a removable battery and an extended battery option. The stock battery wasn't great (like most smart phones), but I got the extended battery right away and I couldn't be happier with the battery life. I can go 2 full days on a single charge if I wanted.
The Rezound may be the most underrated phone on the market. It's very nice. But newer phones have come out since the Rezound was first released.

What's important to you?
  • High quality screen?
  • Large screen?
  • Phone thickness?
  • High quality camera?
  • Removable battery?
  • Price?
  • JellyBean?
  • Vanilla Android?
I think my main concerns are High quality screen, Price, and Processing Speed.

OP
J

jourdannick

Reaction score
Which phone do you all think will stay relevant longer, the rezound or the nexus?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Which phone do you think will stay relevant longer, the rezound or the nexus?

Nexus, no doubt about it. Are there leaked Jelly Bean OTA's available for the Rezound? I don't think so. Even if you aren't into rooting/ changing software, the leaked OTA for Verizon's Nexus alone shows that the actual OTA isn't too far away.