best android phone on verizon right now

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I must be an anomaly with my preference for hard keyboards.

Also, what if modding and true custom roms arent desired?

And from the look of things even htc will be locking down aspects of their phones in the future. Better get used to it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it was a right now question but all of the right now phones will be instantly outdated soon by the Bionic.

The right now phone would be the OG Droid. I've been using it rooted so I'm going fast and I get some extra features.

I no longer want the hard keyboard because SwiftKey does away with the need.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also I don't want Sense - I detest it so no HTC phones. No Samsung phones because they don't support them.

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it was a right now question but all of the right now phones will be instantly outdated soon by the Bionic.

Not relevant

The right now phone would be the OG Droid. I've been using it rooted so I'm going fast and I get some extra features....

OP has a Droid. The Dinc trashes D1 hands down as far as performance & features.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Bionic is not going to 'out date' every device when it's released. It'll be a new offering with the newest tech, but by no means will 'out date' other devices.

dual core is far from being optimized...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My dad has the Dinc. He asks me to fix things on it all the time. He hates it because the battery life stinks. I hate it because it has Sense and I am a tech savvy person who has rooted his OG Droid and used multiple roms and Sense confuses the heck out of me.

My overclocked OG Droid has MORE features than his, is faster, and I don't have to deal with Sense. Running LithMod gives me all I need.

Not relevant

The right now phone would be the OG Droid. I've been using it rooted so I'm going fast and I get some extra features....

OP has a Droid. The Dinc trashes D1 hands down as far as performance & features.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course it's not optimized - it's not out yet. And I'm not saying I'm going to run and get it because right now the OG Droid is doing the job. I'll have to play with it when it comes out to see if I want to change.

Undoubtedly there is better to come. I'm not delighted with it's memory.

The Bionic is not going to 'out date' every device when it's released. It'll be a new offering with the newest tech, but by no means will 'out date' other devices.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course it's not optimized - it's not out yet. And I'm not saying I'm going to run and get it because right now the OG Droid is doing the job. I'll have to play with it when it comes out to see if I want to change.

Undoubtedly there is better to come. I'm not delighted with it's memory.

The 512mb RAM (while DDR2) does leave me wondering why they skimped on it.

That's one thing I think the TB has right... the 700+mb of RAM (albeit not DDR2)

... but we're venturing off the path. :)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
My dad has the Dinc. He asks me to fix things on it all the time. He hates it because the battery life stinks. I hate it because it has Sense and I am a tech savvy person who has rooted his OG Droid and used multiple roms and Sense confuses the heck out of me.

My overclocked OG Droid has MORE features than his, is faster, and I don't have to deal with Sense. Running LithMod gives me all I need.

Not relevant

There's so much misinformation in your post all I'll say is if your tech savy fix it.
Out of the box D1<Dinc; once rooted & rom'd D1<<<<Dinc.
Congrats on hijack

@OP The Dinc is the best phone on Verizon right now & it is basically the same as the Evo.

Last edited:

randy10786

Reaction score

Not relevant

There's so much misinformation in your post all I'll say is if your tech savy fix it.
Congrats on hijack

@OP The Dinc is the best phone on Verizon right now & it is basically the same as the Evo.

Have to agree with SSHGuru......I played with my friends INC just a couple weeks ago, and he told me the battery life is horrible on it. When I got to play with it, it just made me appreciate my OG Droid even more! Rooted or not: DINC<<<<D1!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Again with the bias for full touch phones!

I have and probably always will, no matter how much I use and try different touch keyboards, a hard key to be much faster!

My Droid 2 global is beast, and removing bloat and flashing fission (can't wait to see the custom release by Get-R-Done!!!) Makes it oh so much sweeter

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok....no biggy......this isn't the thread for this. So no more on the "new" guy.

Sent from somewhere...

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Congrats on hijack

Have to agree with SSHGuru......I played with my friends INC just a couple weeks ago, and he told me the battery life is horrible on it. When I got to play with it, it just made me appreciate my OG Droid even more! Rooted or not: DINC<<<<D1!!

Was it rooted was it rom'd? If so, what kernel & rom?
Or was it like SSHGuru's dad's; stock & full of crap being compared to a rooted & rom'd OC'd D1?

If you've ever messed with a well modded Dinc for more than 10 minutes the benefits of 2x ram & CPU are in your face & frankly you'd have to be hallucinating to keep up that line.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this thread is going to be full of opinions. Me, for one would answer the Droid 2 because I have one and love it. I know people with X's and wouldn't trade em for the world. But I am partial to the physical keyboard....but others are fine with full touch.

Either way threads like this can tend to get nasty due to the fact that they are based purely on opinion.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
my droid stinks. I hate the battery life on it. I have the extended battery and it still only lasts a little while. I listen to iheartradio and radioplay alot and it just drains the extended battery very quick plus there isn't an accurate battery meter for my seido battery.
If anyone can tell me how to fix this then I will keep my original droid until the bionic or thunderbolt come out.